MASCOM 2022 Exam Pattern: The Manorama School of Communication (MASCOM) conducts an entrance exam each year to provide admission into PG Diploma in Print & Digital Journalism and PG Diploma in Broadcast & Digital Journalism. MASCOM 2022 entrance exam will be held in Online mode. The nature of the questions will be subjective and objective. All candidates appearing for the entrance test must have complete knowledge regarding MASCOM 2022 exam pattern in order to prepare well. The exam pattern will help candidates understand the number of questions asked, marking scheme, duration, etc. Scroll below to check the MASCOM 2022 exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips and more.
MASCOM 2022 Exam Pattern
It is very important for aspiring candidates to check the complete exam pattern before starting the preparation. This helps in framing a preparation strategy that could help in cracking the examination.
There are 2 courses offered at MASCOM namely Print & Digital Journalism and Broadcast & Digital Journalism. Check the exam pattern for MASCOM 2022 entrance exam given here.
- Examination Mode – MASCOM entrance exam is held in online mode.
- Medium of Examination – The question paper will be available in English and Malayalam languages.
- Types of Questions – The questions will be subjective and objective type.
The entrance exam will test candidate’s skills over the Language and General Awareness. After the examination, selected candidates will be called for an online interview. Final results will be declared after the interview session.
MASCOM 2022 Syllabus
Manorama School of Communication does not specify any certain syllabus for MASCOM 2022. However, as mentioned in the official site the institute prefers candidates to have certain skills such as: A good academic record, a keen interest in current affairs and politics, good sound writing skills and deep commitment towards journalism as a career.
Apart from the above-mentioned skills, candidates are required to be up-to-date with current affairs and other political happenings. The entrance exam aims at testing candidate’s control over language and general awareness.
Recommended Books for MASCOM 2022
The preparation for MASCOM 2022 should commence by purchasing the correct and right set of books. Candidates are advised to purchase the latest set of books. Also, choose books that contain sample papers. Although the entrance exam does not only depend on questions directly asked from books, after referring the books the candidates will get an idea about the type and nature of questions asked in the examination following books mentioned below.
|Handbook of Journalism and Mass Communication – Vir Bala Aggarwal &VS Gupta||Check Price Here|
|Understanding Mass Communication – Avesh Sharma & Ankit Kashyap||Check Price Here|
|Manorama English Yearbook 2022||Check Price Here|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2022 – Arihant Experts||Check Price Here|
Preparation Tips for MASCOM 2022
Mass Communication as a career is taking up the spotlight of the media industry. Candidates appearing for MASCOM 2022 entrance test need to be well prepared to crack the exam. As MASCOM 2022 does not specify the syllabus, candidates must prepare keeping in mind a few vital factors that are required for the preparation. Check the below points on how to prepare for MASCOM 2022 entrance exam.
- Be thorough with the exam pattern – Before processing with the preparation, candidates must know the complete exam pattern. This is an important tip towards cracking any exam as candidates will understand the type and nature of questions asked in the entrance exam in advance.
- Choose right set of books – Candidates are often confused about the books they should follow to prepare for the entrance exam. They should choose the books which contains correct information and study materials related to the certain topics in the syllabus. Candidates should also read newspapers such as Hindu, Times of India and more.
- Increase general knowledge and stay updated with current affairs – Candidates must be well prepared for the entrance exam which includes staying updated with current affairs which includes political events, sports and entertainment news and other fields. General knowledge includes information related to our country’s union territories, geographical areas, national emblem, anthem, flower. Being updated with such information will easily help crack the exam.
- Improve writing skills – As the entrance test consists of both subjective and objective type questions therefore, candidates are required to increase their writing speed and improve writing skills. They should practice writing answer in detail as well as in concise manner.
- Solve previous years question paper and give mock tests – Candidates must solve previous years question papers in order to understand the type of questions asked and to understand their level of preparation. Giving mock tests will also help candidates analyse their strong and weak sections. It will also help candidates focus on topics which are easy for them.
- Time management – Candidates must know to manage time and solve the question paper in the limited time allotted. Also, do not even waste a single day without studying for the exam. Candidates aim should be to cover the entire syllabus without skipping even a single topic. Therefore, start the preparation early and solve sample papers every day.
FAQs on MASCOM 2022 Exam Pattern
Ans: Candidates can follow books such as Current Affairs Yearly 2022, Manorama English Yearbook to prepare for MASCOM 2022.
Ans: The entrance exam will be held in Online mode.
Ans: The interview will be held in online mode.
Ans: There are 2 courses offered in MASCOM 2022 entrance test: Print & Digital Journalism and Broadcast & Digital Journalism.
Ans: The languages of questions asked are English and Malayalam.