MAH M.Arch CET 2021 – Maharashtra State CET Cell has released the syllabus and exam pattern for MAH M.Arch CET 2021. The exam will be held for candidates who wish to pursue 2-year full-time M.Arch course. It is an architecture entrance exam held at state level. MAH M.Arch is conducted in the online mode. It is a 60 minute test in which all the questions are of multiple-choice type. The test is of total 100 marks. The candidates who qualify the entrance test are required to take part in the Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The qualified candidates are offered admission in the Government Aided Institutes and Un-aided M.Arch institutes. Check more information about MAH M.Arch CET 2021 from this page such as syllabus, application process, exam pattern, eligibility.
MAH M.Arch CET 2021
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Exam Dates
It is expected that MAH M.Arch CET 2021 will be conducted in the 2nd week of May 2021. Last year, the exam was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and was held in the month of October. However, it is expected that this year the usual time shall be followed for conducting the exam. Hence, it will be held in May.
Check the important dates regarding MAH M.Arch CET 2021 from the table given below.
|MAH M.Arch CET 2021||Dates|
|Commencement of registration||1st week of Mar 2021|
|Last date to register||4th week of Mar 2021|
|Availability of hall ticket||1st week of May 2021|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2021|
|Announcement of the result||4th week of May 2021|
The exam dates for MAH M.Arch CET for last 2 years is as follows:
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for MAH M.Arch CET 2021 has been released on the official website of State CET Cell, Maharashtra, mahacet.org. The syllabus is available in PDF format. Check the details given below.
- Building Systems
- Building Science and Services
- Concept of green building
- Construction Materials
- Concept of Ecology and Landscape Design
- Environment Laws and Regulations
- Environment Design Strategies with reference to site
Architecture History and Humanities
- Awareness of Art and Cultural and Architectural Theory
- Major Architecture Movements in the World and in India
Settlement, Design and Planning
- Urban and Rural system
- Infrastructure Planning Theory and History
Current Architecture Practice
- Awareness of National Building Code
- Town Planning Laws and Development Control Regulation
- Knowledge of Regulatory and Professional Bodies on Architecture
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Check MAH M.Arch CET 2021 exam pattern given below.
Mode of the exam: The exam is held in the online mode. However, it can be conducted in the offline mode as well (as the case may be)
Duration: The duration of the test is 60 minutes
Medium of CET: The question paper is available in English language only
Type of questions: MAH M.Arch CET consists of multiple-choice questions
Total marks: The test is of total 100 marks
Marking Scheme: Each question is of 2 marks. There is no negative marking in case of incorrect answers
Distribution of questions
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Architecture History and Humanities||10||20|
|Settlement, Design and Planning||10||20|
|Current Architecture Practice||10||20|
Recommended Books to Prepare for MAH M.Arch CET 2021
The candidates can refer the following books given below to prepare for the MAH M.Arch CET 2021.
|Building Technology and Architectural Planning||Buy Here|
|Jamia M. Arch. Entrance Guidebook||Buy Here|
|Building Construction||Buy Here|
|HISTORY OF INDIAN ARCHITECTURE||Buy Here|
|INDIA AND SOUTH EAST ASIA (History of Architecture)||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for MAH M.Arch CET 2021
The candidates can follow the preparation tips given below to score better in MAH M.Arch CET 2021.
- First of all, know the syllabus and write down the topics from which questions are framed in the exam. Side by side, check the exam pattern to know what type of questions come in the exam, what is the marking scheme, how much time is given to complete the exam etc.
- Then, make a proper study schedule. Here, mention the total time there is to complete the syllabus. Then, divide the time slots according to your understanding of topics and concepts.
- Next, pick the best study material for the preparation. You can also use your Graduation books to clear the concepts and terminologies.
- Make notes while studying. Mention all the important points in these notes. These notes are useful at the time of last-minute revision as well.
- To score better in the exam, practice sample questions. By doing this, you will get to know how questions are framed in the exam, their difficulty level etc.
Some sample questions for MAH M.Arch CET
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Application Form
MAH M.Arch CET application form releases in the online mode at mahacet.org. Enter the details in the application carefully as no option to edit the details after the payment of the examination fee. Check the application process given below.
Step 1: Register – Visit the offical website, mahacet.org and click on the relevant link of the application form. Then, click on the ‘Click here for new registration button’. Now, enter the details as asked such as full name, email id, contact number to register. The login credentials will be generated once the registration process is complete.
Step 2: Upload the images – Next, upload the images of photograph and signature in the proper format.
Step 3: Fill the application form – Then, enter the correct basic, personal, address and educational details in the application form. Also, select the exam centres. Review all the details and click on the ‘final submit’ button to save the details.
Step 4: Pay the application fee – After submitting all the details, select the payment mode and pay the application fee.
Step 5: Take a printout of e-receipt and submitted the application form – E-receipt is generated once the payment of the application fee is successfully completed. So, download the e-receipt and take a printout of it and submitted application form as well.
Application Fee – The application is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Amount given below is as per last year’s details
|For Open category candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra|
|Candidates belonging to Backward Class Categories (SC, ST, VJ / DT – NT (A), NT (B), |
NT (C), NT (D), OBC, SBC, SEBC and EWS and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra state only
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using any one of the following payment mode:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
- Cash cards
- Mobile wallets
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for MAH M.Arch CET, the candidates have to meet the eligibility conditions given below.
Nationality: The candidates must be Indian National.
- To pursue M.Arch course, the candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from All India Council for Technical Education or Council of Architecture or Central or State Govt. approved institutions or equivalent.
- The candidates must have at least obtained 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to Backward class categories and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra state only.)
- All those candidates who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible.
Details for Availing Scribe – as per last year
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Hall Ticket
The candidates can download MAH M.Arch CET 2021 hall ticket online from cetcell.mahacet.org. The hall ticket is released at the candidate’s login. It can be downloaded by entering the registration number / roll number and date of birth / password.
- MAH M.Arch CET hall ticket is an important document that has to be carried to the exam centre. Without having a valid hall ticket, the candidates are not allowed to give the exam.
- After downloading the hall ticket, the candidates need to affix a passport size photograph (Preferably same as uploaded during registration) in the space provided.
- The candidates need to carry a valid and original photo id proof as well to the exam centre. Keep in mind that Ration Card and Learner’s Driving License are not considered to be valid id proofs.
- Also, carry a ball-point pen and Scribe form (if applicable – only for PwD candidates).
- The hall ticket specifies the details like exam timings, exam date, exact address of the exam centre, other general instructions etc.
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Exam Centre
MAH M.Arch CET is conducted in the selected cities of Maharashtra. No request for the change in venue / centre is entertained. The competent authority can add or cancel the exam centres at its discretion, administrative feasibility etc.
If a sufficient number of candidates do not opt for an exam centre, the Competent Authority has the right to allot any other exam centre to the candidates OR if the number of candidates are more than the capacity available for the exam centre, then the authority has the right to allot any other centre.
The list of the exam centre for MAH M.Arch CET 2021 will be available here soon.
Important Instructions for MAH M.Arch CET 2021
On the day of the examination, the candidates have to follow some instructions as specified by State CET Cell, Maharashtra. Check the points given below.
- Follow all the instructions given by the test administrator of CET Cell / DTE Representative. If the candidates violate any of their instructions, they shall be disqualified and shall be asked to leave the exam venue.
- The candidates need to report to their respective exam centres 120 minutes before the commencement of the exam in order to complete the exam formalities on time such as verification and collection of documents, loggin into the system etc.
- Things like calculators (separate or with the watch), notebooks, books or written notes, mobile phones (with or without camera facility) or any other electronic device are not allowed inside the exam centre. If any one has these items, they must leave them outside the exam centre.
- Keep in mind that the name on the hall ticket and a photo id that you will bring must have the same name. If any female candidate has changed their name after marriage, then she has to submit the Gazette notification / marriage certificate / affidavit.
- If any candidate is found to be copying or receiving or giving assistance or engaging in any other unfair means, then that candidate shall not be considered for assessment. Furthermore, CET Cell might take further action which will be deemed as fit.
Note: A rough sheet shall be provided to the candidates at the exam centre. However, once the test is over, the candidates are required to submit this rough sheet to the Test Administrator before leaving the venue.
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 Result
MAH M.Arch CET 2021 result can be checked online, mahacet.org. The result is announced in PDF format. The result consists of the following details:
- Registration number
- Roll number
- Candidate’s name
- CET score out of 100
- CER Percentile
MAH M.Arch CET Centralized Admission Process (CAP) 2021
The candidates who qualify MAH M.Arch CET are required to part in CAP. The process is given as follows:
- First, do the registration and upload the required document
- Then, check the provisional merit list (submit any grievance if there is any)
- Next, the final merit list is published
- Then, check the seat matrix
- Fill the option form
- Check the seat allotment
- Then, report to the allotted institute and confirm the admission
About State CET Cell Maharashtra
Government of Maharashtra has established State Common Entrance Test Cell. It has been established under Admission Regulating Authority (ARA) according to the provision in Section 10 of Maharashtra Un-aided Private Professional Educational Institutions. Apart from MA M.Arch CET, the Competent Authority also conduct other examinations like:
- MHT CET
- MAH MCA CET
- MAH BHMCT CET
- MAH B.P.Ed CET
- MAH M.P.Ed CET
Official Website: mahacet.org
STATE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST CELL
8th Floor, New Excelsior Building, A.K. Nayak Marg, Fort, Mumbai 400 001
Enquiry Tel. No.+022-22016153/57/59
Email id: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions on MAH M.Arch CET 2021
Ans. MAH M.Arch CET is conducted on the online mode.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in case of incorrect answers in the test.
Ans. The candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from recognized institutions with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates of backward class and PwD).
Ans. No, you cannot fill the application form via offline mode. The application form has to be filled via online mode only.
Ans. No, you are not required to carry your own rough sheet to the exam hall. The rough sheet will be provided at the exam centre.
Ans. No, the admit card is not sent via post. It can be downloaded from the online mode only.
Ans. The details like name, registration number, enrollment number, marks out of 100 and CET percentile is mentioned in the result.