Lucknow University Admission 2021 – University of Lucknow has extended the last date to submit the application form for UG, UG Professional, PG, PG Professional, Ph.D, B.El.Ed, B.P.Ed., M.P.Ed. and M.Ed Programmes. Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website, which is lkouniv.ac.in. The university offers more than 80 Undergraduate & Postgraduate programs through its 50 departments. University conducted admission to all UG programs on the basis of Class 12 marks. On the other hand, separate entrance tests were conducted for admission to most of the Master degree programs including LLM, M.Ed, M.Sc, M.Com, MBA, MTTM etc. Interested candidates have to apply online at the website by paying the requisite application fee. Read this article for the latest updates and complete details of Lucknow University Admission 2021.
Lucknow University Admission 2021
More than 17000 students are enrolled in different programs in the University of Lucknow. Detailed guidelines regarding admission to UG & PG programs releases at the website in due course of time.
Lucknow University Admission 2021 Schedule – Application Last Dates
The important timeline is as follows.
|Events of Lucknow University Admission 2021||UG||UG Professional||B.El.Ed||PG||PG Professional (MBA/MTTM)||Ph.D||B.P.Ed., M.P.Ed. and M.Ed|
|Start of online applications||09 Mar 2021||09 Mar 2021||09 Mar 2021||19 Mar 2021||19 Mar 2021||09 Mar 2021||02 Apr 2021|
|Last date to apply|
03 May 2021
|03 May 2021||03 May 2021||03 May 2021||03 May 2021||03 May 2021||15 May 2021|
|Last date to apply with late fee||22 May 2021|
|Admit Card release||–||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Entrance Exam||–||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Result||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Start of Counselling||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
Programs For Lucknow University Admission 2021
With its superior infrastructure housing more 50 departments, the Lucknow University offer programs at all levels. Candidates can check out the faculty wise details of Undergraduate & Post Graduate programs offered by the University in this section below.
UG Programs at Lucknow University
|Faculty of Arts||BA Hons|
|Faculty of Commerce||B.Com Hons|
|Faculty of Law||LLB (Integrated) 5 Years|
|Faculty of Science||B.Sc|
|Faculty of Fine Arts||Bachelors of Visual Arts|
BFA Textile Design
|Faculty of Yoga & Alternative Medicine||BA Yoga|
PG Programs at Lucknow University
|Faculty of Arts||Acharya|
|Faculty of Commerce||M.Com|
|Faculty of Law||LLB|
|Faculty of Science||M.Sc|
|Faculty of Fine Arts||MVA|
|Faculty of Yoga & Alternative Medicine||MA Yoga|
Lucknow University MBA Admission 2021
Admission to MBA & MTTM programs offered by the Lucknow University as conducted on the basis of IIM CAT score or merit of the candidate in the University’s Management entrance test i.e. LUMET. Final selection for admission of qualifiers is done through a personal interview conducted by the University as per schedule after the exam.
Eligibility For MBA Admission 2021 at Lucknow University
- Candidates must he holding a Bachelor’s degree as per the 10+2+3 pattern of education.
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying degree exam.
- For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks required is 45%.
LUMET 2021 Exam Pattern
- The exam is of 90 minutes duration.
- There are 100 MCQs in the question paper
- The paper is based on the subjects of General Awareness, English Verbal Ability & Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, & Quantitative Aptitude.
- Correct answers are awarded 2 marks and there is no negative marking.
Lucknow University 2021 Eligibility Criteria+
Candidates intending to apply for admission to various programs offered by Lucknow University have to apply online after ensuring that they fulfil the minimum conditions of eligibility. The eligibility criteria presented here is as per the previous year exam trends. Candidates can come back for the latest updates as and when the detailed guidelines for the 2021 admissions release.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Programs
|Candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in the Class 12 exam for admission to the Hons program (55% for reserved categories).|
For BA program, candidates must have passed Class 12 with at least 40% (33% for reserved category).
|Candidates must have passed the Class 12 exam with Commerce, Mathematics or Economics. |
One must have secured at least 60% marks (55% for reserved category) for admission to the Hons program.
Minimum marks are 40% for other programs (33% for reserved category).
|LLB Integrated 5 Years||Must have passed Class 12 with at least 45% marks. |
For reserved categories, the minimum marks are 40%.
|B.Sc||Must have passed Class 12 in the corresponding subject group. |
Must have secured at least 40% marks (33% for reserved category).
|BCA||Applicants must have passed Class 12 with Maths/Computer Science/Computer Application.|
Must have secured at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category).
|B.Voc||Must have passed Class 12 in Science stream. |
Must have secured at least 40% marks (33% for reserved category).
|BVA/BFA||Must have passed Class 12 in any stream.|
|BA Yoga||Must have passed Class 12 in Arts/Commerce. |
Candidates must have secured at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
|B.Sc Yoga||Must have passed Class 12 in Science. |
Must have secured at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
Eligibility Criteria for PG Programs
- Candidates are eligible for admission to PG programs if they have passed BA/B.Sc/B.Com as per the 10+2+3 education system.
- Must have secured at least 45% for admission to a subject which the candidate studied in all three years of graduation.
- Must have secured at least 55% for admission to a subject which the candidate studied in the first two years of graduation.
- Must have secured at least 60% for admission to a subject which the candidate did not study in any of the years of graduation.
- For PG programs where the educational qualification is any graduate, candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in graduation.
Lucknow University 2021 Application Form
It may be noted that the University conducted online application procedure for last year admissions. Interested candidates have to apply online by paying the requisite application fee online. Check out the step by step procedure to register and apply online in this section below.
1st Step: Open the website lkouniv.ac.in using any compatible web browser.
2nd Step: On the homepage, click on Admissions and select Undergraduate/Post Graduate program.
3rd Step: Here, click on the link for New Registration and start filling up the registration form.
4th Step: Submit the filled up registration form to generate the login credentials.
5th Step: Login to fill up the application form with details of educational qualifications, address, contact details, personal information etc.
6th Step: Upload scanned copies of latest passport sized photograph & signature.
7th Step: Verify the information on the application form and proceed to pay the application fee.
8th Step: Check out after payment of fee for final submission of the form.
9th Step: Generate a print-out of the submitted application form for future reference.
Lucknow University Admission 2021 Application Fee
The application fee amount indicated here is as per the previous year application process for admission to UG & PG courses at Lucknow University. Candidates can check out the fee details in the section below.
|Category||Fee for UG Programs||Fee for PG Programs|
|General/OBC||Rs 800||Rs 1000|
|SC/ST||Rs 400||Rs 500|
Lucknow University Admission 2021 Selection Procedure
For admission to UG & PG programs in Lucknow University, different selection methods are chosen. Admission to all UG programs are done on the basis of the Class 12 marks of eligible applicants. On the other hand, for admission to Post Graduate programs, candidates are required to appear in entrance tests conducted by the University.
Check out details of Entrance Examination for PG admissions at Lucknow University.
|PG Program||Selection/Entrance Exam|
|M.Sc Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
M.Sc Botany/Plant Science/Microbiology
M.Sc Physics/Renewable Energy
MA MIH/Composite History/Western History
MA/M.Sc Forensic Science
|Common Entrance Test|
|LLB (3 years)||Entrance Test based on Indian Polity, General Awareness, Logical Aptitude, Mental Ability|
|LLM||Selection through Entrance Test & Interview. |
The final selection on the basis of marks secured in ET & Interview.
|MVA||Selection is done on the basis of Practical Examination, Written Examination & Interview each carrying 100 marks.|
|All PG programs (except LLM/MVA)||Entrance Test containing 100 Objective Type questions.|
Lucknow University Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
Entrance Tests are conducted by the Lucknow University for admission to all PG programs offered by the University. Candidates can check out the details of the exam pattern for admission to different PG programs below.
Entrance Test for all PG programs (except LLM/MVA)
- The question paper consist of objective type questions only.
- There are 100 questions in the paper.
- Candidates are allowed 90 minutes to complete the test.
Entrance Test for LLB (3 years) program
- The paper is based Indian Polity, General Awareness, Logical Aptitude and Mental Ability.
- Correct answers are awarded 4 marks.
- 1 mark is deduced for every incorrect answer.
- No marks are awarded for unattempted questions.
Entrance Test for LLM program
- The paper consist of 80 Objective type questions.
- The total marks in the test is 80.
- Candidates are given 90 minutes to complete the test.
- One must secure at least 50% (45% for reserved category) to pass the test.
- Qualifiers are shortlisted through an interview carrying 20 marks.
Entrance Test for MVA program
- The practical test is conducted based on Object Drawing (pencil & shade).
- The written test consists of 2 parts where the first part consist of short questions & the second part consist of long questions.
- The written test is based on the syllabus of graduate programs at Lucknow University.
- Interview is held for final shortlisting. Candidates have to produce their portfolio of work in the interview.
- Each stage carries a total of 100 marks.
Lucknow University 2021 Admit Card
Candidates intending to appear in the respective Entrance Tests for admission to corresponding programs have to appear in the exam centre along with a copy of the admit card. The admit card for the entrance test releases through the official website i.e. lkouniv.ac.in.
The admit card indicates the exact details of the date, timing and address of the exam centre. Candidates must also read instructions related to the entrance exam/admit card and abide by them carefully. Furthermore, it may be noted that the admit card releases through candidate login. This means that candidates need the login credential generated during online registrations to log in and download the admit card.
Important Note: Always carry a valid photo identity proof along with the admit card.
Lucknow University Admission Merit Lists 2021
University of Lucknow will publish Lucknow University Result / Merit List 2021 for admissions for each course.
The University of Lucknow releases the merit lists indicating candidates shortlisted for admission to various UG & PG courses. The merit list releases online at the official website i.e. lkouniv.ac.in as per schedule. Separate merit lists are compiled for admission to UG & PG programs.
Those who qualify through the selection procedure are enlisted in the merit lists. As per previous year admission guidelines, no entrance test is conducted for UG admission. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of merit determined through Class 12 marks. However, for admission to PG programs, candidates have to appear in respective Entrance Tests.
Tie Breaking Criteria
Since the merit list indicates the name/roll number of candidates as per order of their score/rank, therefore, the University adopts certain tie breaking rules in case two or more candidates secure the same marks. Check out the details as per the previous year admission guidelines below.
- In case of a tie in score, the marks obtained in Class 10 is considered.
- In case a tie exists in Class 10 score, then the candidate older in age if positioned higher up on the merit list.
- In case of a tie in score, the marks obtained in Class 12 is considered.
- If there is a tie in Class 12 score, then the marks of Class 10 is considered.
- If a tie exists in the Class 10 score as well, then candidates older in age are positioned higher up on the merit list.
Lucknow University Admission 2021 Counselling
Based on the previous year trends of Lucknow University Admission, the University conducts off campus counselling for allotment of the seat to shortlisted candidates. The process of counselling is conducted online. Therefore, candidates have to register online at lkouniv.ac.in as per schedule after the release of result to appear in the counselling.
- Candidates must have the same registered mobile number. It is needed at the time of counselling.
- Appearing/result awaited candidates have to produce proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of counselling.
- Subject allocation for PG programs is done at the time of counselling.
- Candidates are required to produce all original documents at the time of counselling.
- Details of counselling releases as per schedule after the declaration of results. Candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the website lkouniv.ac.in for any latest updates.
About Lucknow University
The University of Lucknow is located in Uttar Pradesh. It was established in the year 1920. Three constituent colleges namely King George’s Medical College, Canning College and Isabella Thoburn College constituted the nucleus of Lucknow University in the initial stage. At present, Lucknow University operates through a campus that spans more than 200 acres of land in the city of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Check out some important facts about Lucknow University at a glance below.
|Year of Establishment||1920|
|Campus Area||219.10 acres|
|Number of Faculties||09|
|Number of Departments||50|
|Number of UG programs||15|
|Number of PG programs||57|
|Number of Students||17054|
|Number of Teaching Faculty||418|
|Number of Non-Teaching Staff||1927|
|Number of Associated Colleges||170|
|Number of Institutes/Centres||16|
|UG Admission Guidelines||Click Here|
|UG Professional Admission Guidelines||Click here|
|PG Admission Guidelines (Last Year)||Click Here|
|Ph.D Admission Guidelines||Click here|
|B.P.Ed., M.P.Ed. Admission Guidelines||Click here|
|M.Ed Admission Guidelines||Click here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQs on Lucknow University Admission 2021
Ans. The official website is lkouniv.ac.in.
Ans. The teaching medium is English & Hindi only.
Ans. Selection for UG admissions is done on the basis of Class 12 marks. Selection for PG programs is done on the basis of entrance tests & interview conducted by the University.
Ans. 15 UG programs and 67 PG programs are available at the University.
Ans. The application process is conducted online at the official website.
Ans. Counselling is conducted online through off-campus method.