KMAT Syllabus 2022 – Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) is yet to release KMAT 2022 syllabus. But here we have provided the syllabus based on the previous year’s question paper. The syllabus of KMAT 2022 is divided into three sections – language comprehension, mathematical skills, and basic aptitude. KMAT Karnataka is conducted to take admission in top B Schools across Karnataka in Professional courses such as MBA, MCA, and PGDM. Everything else you need to know to be well prepared for the examination is written below in this article. So, go through it carefully.
KMAT Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of KMAT comprises 3 sections – language comprehension, mathematical skills, and basic aptitude. Candidates can refer to the following information for the detailed section syllabus of KMAT 2022.
KMAT Syllabus 2022 – Language Comprehension
This section will test your command of the English language. The following table contains the topics which make up this section.
|Reading Comprehension||Phrases||Logical & Abstract Reasoning|
- Reading Comprehension includes no specific topics. The questions will test your understanding of the passage and your comprehension skills
- There might be questions on choice of appropriate words, expressions, phrases etc.
- Logical & Abstract Reasoning will test that how quickly and accurately you can think. This will include questions like-
- Pick the odd one out
- This section may contain questions in sets as well as individual questions, based on verbal reasoning, analogy etc.
KMAT Syllabus 2022 – Mathematical Skills
The question in this section will be of matriculation standard. This section will test that how good and fast you are with numbers and calculations. The time management skills of the candidates are also challenged by this section. The table below contains the topics of Mathematical Skills.
|Arithmetic Progression||Geometric Progression||Simple Interest|
|Compound Interest||Time & Speed||Ratio & Proportion|
|Work & Time||Profit & Loss||Geometry|
|Algebra||Graphical Interpretation||Data Analysis|
|Tabular Interpretation||LCM & HCF||Trigonometry|
KMAT Syllabus 2022 – Basic Aptitude
Basic Aptitude questions test your general intelligence, mental ability, and your problem-solving capabilities. The general aptitude questions include the following topics.
|Blood Relations||Sitting Arrangement||Symbol based problems|
|Problem on Numbers||Problems on Age||Odd one out|
|Sequence & Series||Distance & Direction||Percentage|
|Coding & Decoding||True & False Statements||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
|Cause & Effect||Analogy Test||Visual Reasoning|
|Ranking Test||Inferences||Analytical Reasoning|
- Problems on numbers include such questions where you are given the information about one or two numbers and about their relationship with the third number. Based on this information, you have to find what the third number is.
- In Analogy Test questions, you’ll have to supply the missing term in a relationship. For example, in the relationship “Day: Light::Night:?”, ‘Dark’ will be the correct answer.
- Questions based on Inferences will require you to draw the conclusion based on some given facts.
KMAT Exam Pattern 2022
Knowing the exam pattern before handily helps to plan and strategize accordingly. So here we present, the Exam Pattern of KMAT 2022 for you to start preparing suitably. As mentioned above, the syllabus is divided into three sections. Each section will have 40 questions, making the total number of questions reach up to 120.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
- The Exam will be held in offline Mode (Pen & Paper based). Due to pandemic this year KMAT was held as a remote based proctored test.
- The exam shall be prepared in English language.
- The time duration of the test will be 2 hours, i.e. 120 minutes.
- There will be 120, MCQ type questions in total.
- 1 mark shall be awarded for every correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer.
Best books for KMAT Preparation 2022
Books are the guides that lead you through the subject in the most effective and efficient way. Therefore, it is important to get the best books to be guided in towards the best direction, i.e. SUCCESS. Below are some section-wise suggestions of the best books available.
Books For Language Comprehension
|Trishna’s Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations||Click here|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Click here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. RS Aggarwal||Click here|
Books for Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
|How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT – Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude – RS Aggarwal||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission Into IIMs by Arihant||Click here|
Books for Logical Reasoning
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha||Click here|
How to Prepare for KMAT 2022
Preparation is the key to cracking any examination. Therefore, having a good preparation strategy is very important for the candidates to do well in the exam. Although you should make the strategies yourselves, according to what suits you best, we have prepared the basic outline for you to start preparing right away, with the help of some tips and tricks shared by toppers and experts.
- Go through the syllabus and the exam pattern thoroughly.
- Make lists of the topics you find easy, and topics you find difficult.
- Go through the easy topics first and get done with that part of the syllabus. Doing the easy topics first would make you feel prepared and confident about the exam.
- While starting with the difficult part, begin with two topics. Keep doing those two topics until you feel you’re prepared for them and then pick the next two topics. Don’t do too many things at the same time. Staying focused on two topics at a time is the best way.
- Focus more on the mathematical section. Keep practicing the quantitative part to get better with the calculations and use the time effectively.
- In the Language Comprehension part, keep practicing the passages. It will improve your comprehension skills and make you save time in the actual exam.
- Keep improving your vocabulary by learning 20 to 30 new words everyday.
FAQs about KMAT Syllabus 2022
KMAT syllabus is divided into 3 sections – language comprehension, mathematical skills, basic aptitude.
The exam pattern of the test is as follows – the time duration of the exam is 2 hours, the mode of the exam is offline, each question carries a 01 mark, there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
The mode of the exam is Offline but due to pandemic this year KMAT was conducted as a remote-based proctored online test.
Questions are based on the following – phrases or idioms, passage expressions, inferential questions, and synonyms and antonyms.