Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) 2021
KLEE 2021 will be conducted by CEE Kerala in April / June. Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) conducts Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) for admission 3 year LLB, 5 year integrated LLB, and LLM courses. The exam is held at state level for UG and PG law admission in the colleges of Kerala. CEE holdsthe exam in computer based mode. For KLEE UG paper, 10+2 qualified / appearing candidates can apply. Whereas, to apply for KLEE PG exam the required minimum eligibility criteria is graduation qualified. The allotment in Government and Self-Financing Law Colleges is done in counselling. Seat is allocated on the basis of rank in KLEE 2021 and choices for course and college submitted by the candidates. However, the admission is completely subjected to fulfilling eligibility criteria.
Check KLEE 2021 syllabus, dates, eligibility, application process, exam pattern, and more details from this page.
Important Dates for KLEE 2021
|KLEE 2021||LLB (3 & 5 yr)||LLM|
|Availability of application form||2nd week of Mar 2021||1st week of Jun 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||3rd week of Mar 2021||3rd week of Jun 2021|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of Apr 2021||4th week of Jun 2021|
|KLEE 2021||4th week of Apr 2021||4th week of Jun 2021|
|Availability of answer key||May 2021||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||to be announced||to be announced|
|Commencement of CAP||to be announced||to be announced|
KLEE 2021 Exam Date (Expected)
Last year, the exam was conducted late due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, it is expected that KLEE 2021 will be held as per the usual time line.
Hence, KLEE 2021 for LLB and Integrated 5 Year LLB will probably take place in the 4th week of April 2021 and for LLM, the exam is expected to be held in the 4th week of June 2021.
You can check the past 4 years data for KLEE exam date from below.
|Year||LLB 3 Year||Integrated LLB 5 Year||LLM|
|2020||20 Jun||22 Jun||18 Oct|
|2019||09 Jun||08 Jun||18 Feb 2020|
|2018||08 Sep||29 Jul||10 Mar 2019|
|2017||06 Aug||02 Jul||11 Mar 2018|
KLEE 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern and syllabus for KLEE 2021 below.
- KLEE is held as computer-based test.
- The duration of the test is 2 hours.
- The test consists of multiple-choice questions.
- In LLM, the question paper is divided in two parts; Part A and B
- There are total 200 MCQs in the test.
- For each correct answers, +3 marks are awarded.
- There is a deduction of 01 marks in case of wrong answers.
- In case of unattempted questions, no marks are deducted.
LLB (3 year) and Integrated LLB (5 year) Distribution of Questions
|Sections||No. of questions|
|Arithmetic and Mental Ability||25|
|Aptitude for Legal Studies||70|
Distribution of Questions for LLM
|Parts||Subjects||No. of questions|
|Law of Crimes||25|
|Law of Contracts||25|
|Part B||Public International Law||20|
|Law of Property||20|
|Interpretation of Statutes||10|
|Law of Torts||10|
Preparations Tips for KLEE 2021
Check the preparation tips given below for KLEE 2021.
Read the newspaper daily: Make it a habit to read the newspapers daily. This will help you to know the latest events, build up your vocabulary, and make your reading speed better.
Know the syllabus: Before starting with the syllabus, have a proper look at the syllabus. Write down the important topics of each subject and then move ahead with your preparation.
Make a time table: Then, make a time table. Focus on making a plan for the next 1-2 months and try to mention the topics that have to be studied on a regular basis.
Pick good study material: Make sure to study from the best books available. It is advised not to study from many reference books. Set a goal to complete the books on time as well. Previous year question papers and mock test are a must.
Make short notes: While preparing, try to make notes. This will help at the time of memorizing the important points and formulas.
Solve mock tests: To know how the preparation is going on, do the self-analyzation and for that, the mock test come to your rescue. By solving the mocks, you will get to know how time has to be managed to complete the test.
Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is a must for all the candidates to satify KLEE eligibility criteria. Check the eligibility requirements given below for KLEE 2021
KLEE Age Criteria
For LLB (3 Year): There is no lower age criteria for LLB 3 years. The upper age limit criteria is decided as per the decision of the Supreme Court of India.
For Integrated LLB (5 year): The candidates must be 17 years of age as on 31 December 2021. The upper age limit shall be decided by the Supreme Court of India.
LLM: No lower age limit criteria for LLM.
Nativity for KLEE 2021
- The candidates must be an Indian Citizen.
- Only those candidates who are of Kerala origin are eligible for any type of reservation.
To prove nativity, the candidates have to upload any one proof from the below listed documents:
- Actual copy of birth certificate issued by the Competent Authority that shows the candidate’s place of birth in any state or union territory
- SSLC (Secondary School Leaving certificate) showing the place or birth in any State or Union Territory
- Copy of the relevant page of password issued by the Govt. of India
- Certificate from a village officer or competent authority to show that the candidate is a native of a state or UT of Indian in the specified format
To prove that you are an Indian citizen of Kerala Origin, upload any 1 documents from below at the time of online application:
- SSLC of candidate showing the birth place as Kerala
- Birth certificate of the candidate issued by the competent birth registering authority, depicting place of birth in Kerala
- Apr page of passport (of candidate or either of parents) that shows the place of birth in Kerala as issued by Govt. of India (if passport of the parent shall be uploaded, then the corroborative relationship between the parent and the candidate should also be uploaded)
- The relevant page of SSLC of the candidate or either of parents that shows the place of birth in Kerala
- Certificate issued from the Village Officer / Tahsildar to show his / her father or mother was born in Kerala (in the prescribed format)
Educational Qualification for KLEE 2021
LLB (3 Year)
- To pursue this course, the candidate must be a Graduate in any Faculty of any university of Kerala or any other universities, recognized by any of the Universities of Kerala or equivalent.
- The candidates must have obtained minimum 45% marks in aggregate (42% for SEBC and 40% for SC / ST).
- The candidates who are appearing / appeared in the qualifying examination are also eligible.
Integrated LLB (5 Year)
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 to apply for this course from the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or any other examination recognized by universities in Kerala or equivalent.
- Basically, the candidates who have passed 10+2 course of schooling as recognized by Educational Authority of Central or State Govt. or have any qualifications that are considered equivalent to 10+2 course by the Bar Council of India can also apply.
- Apart from qualifying 10+2, the candidates must have at least secured minimum 45% marks (42% in case of SEBC and 40% in case of SC / ST).
- The candidates who have obtained 10+2 certificate or First Degree Pass Certificate after completing studies via Correspondence or Distance Education can also apply.
- However, the candidates who have obtained 10+2 / graduation / post graduation through open universities system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible.
- The candidates who are appearing / appeared in the qualifying exam can also apply.
- In order to pursue LLM, the candidates must have done LLB (3 year / 5 year) with minimum 50% marks from the universities in Kerala or any other university recognized by the Universities of Kerala as equivalent.
- The candidates appearing / appeared in the final year of LLB can also apply.
Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill KLEE 2021 application form at cee.kerala.gov.in. The application process basically consists of 5 steps which are registration, entering the correct details, payment of application fee, uploading of images and certificates, and taking the printout of the confirmation page.
Some important points regarding KLEE 2021 application form are mentioned below.
- Once the final submission is done, the candidates cannot modify the mistake (if any) in it. So, enter the details carefully.
- Provide the correct details in the form as providing false / wrong / incomplete details might affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission and claim for reservation under any category.
- The candidates can check their transaction status by logging into their account.
- After the submission of the application form, do not send the printout of the confirmation page to CEE.
- Note that, application submitted with incomplete or defective certificates shall be rejected.
- No candidate is allowed to add details or upload any other documents after the submission of the application form.
- Documents submitted after the last date of submission of KLEE 2021 application form shall not be considered at any cost.
|LLB (3 year) and Integrated LLB (5 Year)||General – Rs 685|
SC / ST – Rs 345
|LLM||General – Rs 840|
SC / ST – Rs 420
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking OR e-challan.
Kerala Law Entrance Examination 2021 (KLEE) Admit Card
Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala issues KLEE admit card online at cee.kerala.gov.in.
- The admit card is issued at the candidate’s login.
- The candidates are required to log in by entering the details like application number, password and access code.
- The admit card is not sent to the candidates via post.
- The details like exam date, exam timings, roll number, exact address of the exam centre etc is mentioned on the admit card.
- It is necessary to carry the admit card to the exam centre. Without it, entry is not given in the examination hall.
Note: If any candidates is found to be indulged in any malpractice shall be debarred from appearing in the entrance examination conducted by CEE for not less than 2 years and shall be also liable for criminal action or any other activities deemed fit by CEE.
Some Important Instructions for KLEE 2021
The candidates have to follow some instructions on the day of the examination. Check the points given below for the same:
These instructions are as per last year
- The candidates must report to the exam centre on time.
- Do not carry any electronic items like mobile phones, calculators, electronic digital watches, pagers etc inside the exam hall.
- Do not carry any type of papers, books, notes in the examination hall.
- The students must maintain a social distance while entering the examination hall.
- Sit on the allotted seat only at the exam centre.
- The candidates must enter the exam hall wearing face masks.
- The thermal scanning shall also be done at the exam centre.
- Disposable masks and gloves must not be thrown away and should be disposed of in the designated areas only.
KLEE 2021 Answer Key
KLEE 2021 answer key can be downloaded from cee.kerala.gov.in. The answer keys are released in the PDF format. CEE first releases provisional answer key and later on the final answer key.
- The candidates can challenge the provisional answer key if they find any errors in it.
- The objections have to be submitted to CEE in writing along with the fee.
- If the errors are found to be correct, then this challenging fee is refunded.
- Make sure to submit the objections within the stipulated time period only.
- The complaints submitted via fax / email shall be not be considered.
The subject experts review all the objections. The required changes are done in the published answer key according on the recommendation of Committee.
Challenging Fee: The candidates are required to submit Rs 100 per question through DD (Amount given as per last year). It has to be submitted 5 days from the release date of the answer key.
Qualifying Marks for KLEE 2021
In order to qualify KLEE, every year the official authority specifies the minimum marks that are needed to clear the entrance examination. Check the minimum qualifying marks given below.
Only For LLB (3 year) and Integrated 5 Year LLB Programme
|Category||Min Marks (Total Marks = 600)|
|General||10% of the total marks||60|
|SC / ST||5% of the total marks||30|
KLEE 2021 Result
Result for KLEE is announced at cee.kerala.gov.in in the PDF format. Basically, the result is published in the form of a rank list. So, the result pdf consists of the following details:
- Examination authority
- Name of the examination
- Roll number
Separate category lists are also published on the official website for SEBC / SC/ ST / PwD reservation. The candidates who are awarded a rank are then, required to take part in Centralized Admission Process.
CEE Reservation of Seats
Check the reservation of seats given below.
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Social and Educationally Backward Classes|
c) Other Backward Hindu
d) Latin Catholics and Anglo Indian
e) Dheevara and Related Communities
f) Viswakarma and Related Communities
g) Kusavan and Related Communities
h) Other Backward Christian
|Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes||10% (SC – 8% and ST – 2%)|
- 5% of the total seats shall be reserved for PwD in Govt. Law College of Kerala
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|SC and ST||10% (8% for SC and 2% for ST)|
Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) 2021 Centralized Admission Process
The allotment to all the courses is done according to Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The candidates can exercise their option of college / courses as per the rank secured in the KLEE 2021 exam. So, the allotment is strictly done according to the rank obtained by the candidate, options exercised and special reservation (if any).
CAP process is as follows:
Registration and Exercising of Options: To register and exercise the options, the candidates have to first login by entering their application number and password. Select the options of courses / colleges from the available choices and save them.
Seat Allotment: After the closing of the registration process, the seat allotment results are published on the official website. The allotment memo is also published on the official website and candidates have to take its printout.
Payment of admission fee: The candidates have to pay the admission fee if they have been allotted a seat. The fee has to be submitted within the prescribed deadline. If a candidate does not take admission, then his / her allotment + chosen options shall become nullified.
- The last rank details shall be published on the official website after each round of allotment. Note that the last-mentioned shall be the rank of the candidate and not his / her position in the category list.
- The spot allotment shall take place if there are any vacant seats.
- At the time of admission, the documents of the candidates shall get verified by the principal or head of the institution.
KLEE 2021 Participating Institutes and Seat Intake
Check the seat inatke and participating institutes given below.
Details given below are as per last year
For LLB 3 Year
|Colleges||No. of Seats|
|Govt. Law Colleges|
|Govt. Law College, Thiruvananthapuram||100|
|Govt. Law College, Ernakulam||100|
|Govt. Law College, Thrissur||100|
|Govt. Law College, Kozhikode||100|
|Private Self-Financing Law Institutes|
|Al-Ameen Law College||30|
|Al-Azhar Law College||30|
|CSI Institute of Legal Studies||30|
|KMCT Law College||25|
|MCT College of Legal Studies||25|
|Shree Narayana Law College||30|
|Nehru Academy of Law||30|
|Markaz Law College||25|
For LLB Integrated 5 year
Data of CAP as per the year 2019-20
|Govt. Law College, Thiruvananthapuram||80|
|Govt. Law College, Ernakulam||80|
|Govt. Law College, Thrissur||80|
|Govt. Law College, Kozhikode||80|
Colleges For LLM (Allotment made as per CAP 2019-20)
The Commissionerate of Entrance Examination was set up in the year 1983. It was set up with the main objective of conducting entrance examinations. Additionally, its other objective was to offer UG, PG courses to the candidates on the basis of the merit and communal reservations. Some of the courses offered by it are B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, M.Sc Nursing, MBBS, BDS etc.
Its other objective are:
- To maintain high standard of conducting examinations
- To help the students to appear for the exam more confidently
- To complete the admission process on time so as to give maximum number of days for the academic course
- To make allotments according to the rank lists
Official Website: cee.kerala.gov.in
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
Housing Board Buildings, Santhinagar
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
Phone: 0471-2332120, 2338487
For more information about KLEE 2021, Download Previous Year Brochure (For Reference)
Frequently Asked Questions on Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) 2021
Ans. The official website for KLEE 2021 is cee.kerala.gov.in.
Ans. No, you cannot fill application form via offline mode.
Ans. Yes, you can apply for LLM.
Ans. No, CEE will not send your admit card via post.
Ans. KLEE is held as computer-based test.
Anns. Yes, 01 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
Ans. The result for KLEE is published in the pdf format.
Ans. The allotment is strictly based on the merit of the candidates in KLEE, choices submitted by them for course / college and reservation criteria (if applicable).