Kerala Law Entrance Exam (KLEE) 2021 is conducted by CEE Kerala. All law aspirants in the state compete in the exam to get their dream seat in government law colleges in Kerala. To get the seat of choice out of ~ 1000 UG Law seats, and ~ 100 PG law seats, your preparation needs to be on point. This needs the knowledge of KLEE 2021 syllabus, as well as its exam pattern, and important study material. Here, we will tell you about these.
Important: KLEE 2021 Application Form
KLEE 2021 Syllabus
Before introducing you to the syllabus of KLEE 2021, the exam pattern is explained first. CEE conducts KLEE for LLB (3 year), Integrated 5 Year LLB Program and LLM admission. Each paper is held separately and the pattern is as follows:
- Mode of the exam: It is a computer-based test
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Type of questions: The test is objective in nature which means, there are multiple-choice questions in the exam
- No. of questions: There are 200 questions in the exam
- For the correct answers, +3 marks are awarded
- For each incorrect answers, 01 marks is deducted
KLEE 2021 Pattern for 3 year LLB and 5 Year Integrated LLB
|Sections||No. of questions|
|Arithmetic and Mental Ability||25|
|Aptitude for Legal Studies||70|
KLEE 2021 Pattern for LLM
|Parts||Subjects||No. of questions|
|Law of Crimes||25|
|Law of Torts||25|
|Part B||Public International Law||20|
|Law of Property||20|
|Interpretation of Statutes||10|
|Law of Torts||10|
Now, the KLEE 2021 Syllabus. Every candidate wants to know the exact CEE Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) syllabus for 3 yr LLB, 5yr. LLB, and LLM exam before starting preparations. As it will be the syllabus of KLEE 2021 that will have all the important topics from which questions are asked in the exam. Along with it one would also like to know the check subject wise weightage for KLEE 2021. Therefore candidates who are targeting to ace CEE Kerala Law Entrance Exam must check the syllabus and prepare as per it.
However CEE Kerala does not list any specific syllabus for the KLEE exam. Only the pattern with topics (see above) from which questions will be asked are provided.
Nevertheless, law entrance exam teachers have been analyzing KLEE for some time. And on the basis of analysis of previous year questions paper, changing trends of exams, and more, a tentative syllabus is compiled to give students a starting point to prepare.
You can check the recommended syllabus for KLEE 2021, as per past year papers, from below.
KLEE 2021 Syllabus for 3yr LLB and Integrated LLB Exam
KLEE Syllabus 2021 for General English
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One word substitution
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Choose the correct spellings
- Identify correct part in the sentence
- Phrasal Verbs
- Reading Comprehension
KLEE Syllabus 2021 for General Knowledge
- Indian History
- General Science (Physics / Chemistry / Biology)
- Arts & Sports
- Books and Authors
- UN Bodies
- Famous Place / Organizations in India
- International Organizations
- National / International Days
- Current Affairs (Mostly Legal)
KLEE Syllabus 2021 for Arithmetic and Mental Ability
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple / Compound Interest
- Problems based on age
KLEE Syllabus 2021 for Mental Ability
- Odd one out
- Coding & Decoding
- Series Test
- Number Ranking Test
- Blood Relation
- Sense of Direction
- Dates and Calendar
- Mathematical Operations
KLEE Syllabus 2021 for Legal Aptitude
- Constitution of India
- Legal Terms and Maxims
- Law of Torts
- Indian Penal Code
- Contact Law
- Legal Propositions and Facts
KLEE 2021 Syllabus for LLM Exam
The questions asked in LLM exam are framed according to the standard of LLB examination. Hence, all that you learned in LLB courses is the syllabus for KLEE LLM exam 2021.
Basically, the questions are framed from the topics like:
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Constitutional Law
- International Law
Weightage of Questions in KLEE 2021
You can also check subject wise weightage of question in KLEE exam from below.
Note: The provided weightage is also on the basis of last year analysis.
KLEE 2021 Weightage of Questions in General English
|Topics||No. of questions|
|One word substitution||5|
|Fill in the blanks||5|
|Idioms and Phrases||5|
|Choose Correct Spelling||5|
|Choose incorrectly spelled word||5|
|Identify incorrect part in a sentence||5|
KLEE 2021 Weightage of Questions in Legal Aptitude
|Topics||No. of questions|
|Constitution of India||30-35|
|Legal terms & Maxims||5-6|
|Law of Torts||5-6|
|Indian Penal Code||5-6|
|Legal Propositions & Facts||5-6|
Important Books and Study Material for KLEE 2021
The candidates can check the books given below to prepare for KLEE 2021.
|Self Study Guide For LLB Entrance Examination 2020||Buy Here|
|LLB Entrance Examination Guide||Buy Here|
|Guide for Kerala law entrance||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Buy Here|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Buy Here|
|How to Crack Test Of Reasoning- REVISED EDITION||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning 2020||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude & Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Universal’s Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for KLEE 2021
The candidates eyeing for top law colleges of Kerala must know some tips and tricks to prepare for KLEE 2021. Check the preparation tips given below to get a better rank in KLEE 2021.
- Before starting with the preparation, take a note pad and write down the important topics of KLEE. List down the subject-wise topic in these notes. Now, analyze the syllabus for the law entrance examination carefully.
- After knowing the syllabus, mark the topics that have to be studied from the scratch and circle those topics that need just basic revision.
- Now, make a time table. Try to mention the topics that have to be studied in 24 hours. You can also mention the monthly target here.
- Choose the best books available in the market. Try not to refer a lot of books for the preparation. Stick to 2-3 books and you are good to go.
- Read the newspapers daily to know what is happening around you. Try to maintain consistency when it comes to reading the newspaper.
- Brush up your vocabulary to know about new words and their meanings.
- Solve 2-3 mock tests while the preparation is going on. This will enable you to know at what speed you have to solve questions to complete the examination.
About KLEE 2021
Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) is a computer-based examination that is held for the admission into 3 year LLB, 5 Year Integrated LLB and LLM courses. In the examination of all the 3 subjects, 200 multiple-choice questions are asked. There is a negative marking of 01 marks in case of wrong answers. The candidates who qualify the entrance test are granted admission in Government / Self Financing Law Colleges of Kerala.