|KCET 2021||Syllabus||Application Form|
|16 Year Question Papers||Notes||Login|
|Admit Card||Answer Key||Result|
KCET 2021 – Karnataka Deputy CM has announced the KCET 2021 exam date. The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) will be held on 7, 8 July 2021. Biology and Mathematics papers will be on first day, and Physics, Chemistry papers will be on the second day. KCET is the state level common entrance exam for admission to engineering, architecture, yoga & naturopathy, veterinary, farm science, pharmacy etc. Soon, KCET application form will be released at the official website kea.kar.nic.in. In this informative article, we have furnished the details of the KCET 2021 exam date, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern and more.
KCET is conducted for admission to professional courses in Karnataka only. On the basis of the KCET score, aspiring candidates are provided admission to undergraduate courses in Government/University/Private Aided/Unaided educational institutes in the state. Reportedly, approximately 2 lakh candidates appear for the exam every year.
KCET 2021 Exam Date
The Chief Minister of Karnataka state, Dr. Ashwathnarayan C. N. has announced the exam date of Karnataka CET 2021.
Next, Karnataka Examination Authority will announce the rest of the schedule for KCET 2021 at the official website i.e. kea.kar.nic.in. The known and anticipated dates are as follows.
|Important events of KCET 2021||Dates|
|Start of registrations||1st week of Mar 2021|
|Last date to register||2nd week of Apr 2021|
|Application Form Correction||3rd & 4th week of Apr 2021|
|Admit card release||3rd week of Jun 2021|
|KCET 2021 Exam Date||Biology, Mathematics – 07 Jul 2021 |
Physics, Chemistry – 08 Jul 2021
|Date of Kannada language test||to be announced|
|Verification of documents for Agriculturist |
quota at Practical Test Centres
|to be announced|
|Date of Practical exam for UG course applicants for Agriculture/Horticulture/Veterinary |
Universities under “Agriculture Quota”
|to be announced|
|Results||to be announced|
KCET 2021 Application Form
The KCET 2021 Application Form will be available soon.
In order to appear for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test, one must at first apply online at the official website of KEA. The application process is online only and candidates are not allowed to apply through any other modes. Check out the process below.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website i.e. cetonline.karnataka.gov.in and click on the link to apply for KCET 2021.
- Enter the “Student No.” if appearing for the Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Exam 2021 (Science) and select citizenship.
- Fill up the KCET 2021 application form with correct details.
- Upload the necessary scanned supporting documents.
- Make the payment of the fees through one of the modes available online.
- Submit the application after careful verification.
- Make sure that you generate a print out of the submitted application form/confirmation form for future reference.
KCET 2021 Application Fee
KCET application fee as per the previous iteration of the exam is provided below. The amount of fee mentioned below may remain the same or change for KCET 2021, candidates are advised to check the official website regularly.
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B (within Karnataka)||Rs. 500|
|SC, ST, CAT-1 (Karnataka)||Rs. 250|
|All female candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250|
|General merit outside Karnataka||Rs. 750|
|General merit outside India||Rs. 5000|
Syllabus of KCET 2021
As per the previous year KCET exam, the syllabus is based on PUC I and PUC II syllabus. It consists of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology where the subject combination varies with the type of the program the candidate is seeking admission into. Check out the subject-wise important topics below as per the previous year KCET exam.
Get the complete syllabus by clicking on the direct links provided below.
|Subject||PUC I||PUC II|
|Physics||I PUC Physics||II PUC Physics|
|Mathematics||I PUC Mathematics||II PUC Mathematics|
|Chemistry||I PUC Chemistry||II PUC Chemistry|
|Biology||I PUC Biology||II PUC Biology|
Exam Pattern of KCET 2021
The exact scheme and pattern of the KCET 2021 exam are expected to be indicated by the KEA through the official information brochure when it is released. Here we have presented the key aspects of the KCET 2021 exam pattern based on the previous year information brochure. Check out the details below.
- Mode of the exam: KCET 2021 is to be conducted as an offline test where candidates will answer on OMR sheets.
- Papers in the exam: Candidates can appear for PCM or PCB papers, depending on the selected subject choice.
- Types of questions: All questions are of the MCQ pattern.
- Marking scheme: Correct answers attract 1 marks. However, there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Total marks in the exam: The maximum marks in the exam is 180.
- Total number of questions: The entire paper has 180 questions
Check out the subject-wise distribution of marks and questions in KCET 2021 below (based on last year’s exam)
|Subject||No of Qs||Marks|
Kannada Language Test
Candidates claiming eligibility for admission to Government seats under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses with any of the languages among Kannada, Tulu or Kodava as their mother tongue have to take the Kannada Language test. The test is conducted in Bangalore centres. Candidates have to furnish original documents of parents to support their claim such as marks cards, study certificates etc. In addition, the KCET 2021 admit card will also be required to appear in the Kannada language test.
Check out the exam pattern of the Kannada language test below.
Exam Level: The examination will be of the 4th standard level.
Total marks: The test carries a total of 50 marks.
Minimum passing marks: The minimum passing marks for the test is 12.
Note: Candidates who have studied TEN full academic years in Kannada medium from Class 1 to Class 10 in places outside of the state of Karnataka are exempted from the Kannada language test.
KCET 2021 Mock Tests
When it comes to preparing for any competitive exam, mock tests are indispensable learning materials. Since the mock tests are simulated versions of the actual exam, therefore, candidates can check the pattern, type, nature of questions by solving mock tests. We have created free mock tests for the convenience of the aspirants of KCET 2021. The direct links to KCET 2021 mock tests for the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are provided below.
Click on the direct links provided here to get KCET 2021 mock tests for all subjects.
There is a multitude of ways in which KCET 2021 mock tests can be used to get higher marks in the exam. Read on to know about the benefits.
- Solving KCET 2021 mock tests can help candidates become more efficient and fast in solving the paper within the stipulated time.
- Candidates solving mock tests and referring to the previous year papers of KCET 2021 can understand the type and pattern of questions asked.
- KCET mock tests are efficient methods to improve one’s time management capabilities and ensure a high number of good attempts in the actual exam.
- One can also check the high scoring sections from the previous year papers.
- Sometimes questions are repeated from previous year papers. Candidates can come across such questions by referring to the previous year papers.
Eligibility Criteria for KCET 2021
As per the previous iteration of the KCET exam, KEA sets some minimum conditions for applicants to fulfil before they can apply for the exam. The conditions are specified in terms of the nationality, age and educational qualifications held by the candidate.
Check out the minimum eligibility criteria for KCET 2021 as per the previous year exam below.
- Candidates having Indian citizenship (including PIO/OCI/NRI) and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for KCET 2021.
- Only Indian candidates are eligible for admission to Government seats through KCET 2021 score.
- There is no specified age limit for KCET 2021. Candidates seeking admission to certain courses such as B.Pharma, Pharma-D, Naturopathy & Yoga must have completed the age of 17 years.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12th exam with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
Check out academic eligibility for various professional courses offered by KCET 2021 below.
Architecture Course (B.Arch)
- Passed Class 12 with English as one of the languages.
- Obtained 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics .
- Obtained 50% marks in aggregate at the Class 12th level (45% for reserved categories).
Engineering/Technology Courses (B.E./B.Tech)
- Passed Class 12 with English as one of the languages
- Obtained at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer.
- For reserved category candidates, the minimum marks obtained must be 45%.
Farm Science Courses (B.Sc. (Hons) Ag/Sericulture/Horticulture/Forestry, B.Tech Biotechnology etc.
- Passed Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as an optional subject.
- For Agricultural Quota, minimum 50% marks must be secured in the Practical Examination.
For B.V.Sc. & A.H. Course
- Passed Class 12 with 50% aggregate marks.
- Must have studied the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English and obtained the specified aggregate marks in these subjects.
- For reserved category candidates, the minimum marks obtained is 40%.
For B.Pharm & B.Pharm Lateral Entry Course
- Must have passed Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Must have obtained at least 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% for reserved categories).
- Candidates with Diploma in Pharmacy with 45% marks are also eligible for B.Pharm lateral entry to 2nd year.
For Pharma D Course
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates with Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution are also eligible for this course.
For Naturopathy & Yoga Course
- Candidates must have passed Class 12th with Physics & Chemistry and Biology as optional subject.
- Must have studied English as one of the languages of study.
- Must have obtained at least 50% marks in PCB in Class 12 (40% for reserved categories).
How To Prepare For KCET 2021?
The KCET exam is for admission to UG programs. Therefore, the syllabus and level of difficulty of the exam is largely as per the academic curriculum of the 10+2 standard. Candidates aspiring to appear and qualify in the KCET 2021 exam with flying colours can refer to the below provided preparation tips for KCET 2021.
#1: Knowing the syllabus and the exam pattern of KCET 2021 is very important. Candidates are advised to refer to the official information brochure and the sections on Exam Pattern and Syllabus of KCET 2021 provided here on this page for such information.
#2: Once candidates are acquainted with the pattern of the exam and the syllabus, the next step is to devise a study plan; preferably in the form of a study time table. It is important that candidates identify all the important topics/units to be covered in each chapter for general study. As one keeps on covering chapters, it is recommended to indulge in more KCET specific study strategy.
#3: One of the most effective ways of KCET specific study is to refer to previous year papers and solve mock tests/sample papers. Questions are often repeated from the previous years and candidates can increase the chances to get quite a few important common questions which candidates can solve easily.
#4: It is advised to solve mock tests to get an idea of the actual exam. Focusing on time management while solving mock tests and attempting to answer all the questions within the specified duration for KCET 2021 exam can help.
#5: Candidates are advised to indulge in daily revisions. Without revising what someone studies, it might be easily forgotten. It is also recommended that candidates leave time slots for revisions and ensure to revise every important topic during the last few days before the exam.
#6: It is recommended that candidates make short notes of important things to remember. This includes formula, especially from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
KCET 2021 Previous Year Question Papers
KCET previous year papers are very important learning resources for preparations. Candidates are advised to refer to the KCET previous year papers as a guide to know the question paper in detail. There is a common trend of repeating questions asked in the previous year KCET exams. Therefore, referring to the question papers, candidates can expect to get quite a few commonly repeated questions.
Click here to get the KCET previous year question papers.
Best Books for KCET 2021
Numerous titles are available commercially for preparation of KCET 2021. While some are dedicated to preparation of KCET exam only, others maybe helpful across a wide range of competitive exams. We handpicked a selected few number of titles available online for the convenience of our readers.
Click on the direct links to get the title of choice for KCET 2021 preparations.
|Name of the Book||Link to Buy|
|16 Year’s Solved Papers Karnataka CET Engineering Entrance Paperback – 8 July 2019||Click Here|
|Conceptual Problems in Organic Chemistry | Third Edition | By Pearson: |
For Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations Paperback – 1 January 2013
|Karnataka CET Explorer – Engineering Paperback – 14 August 2019||Click Here|
|Objective Biology – Chapter-wise MCQ for AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition||Click Here|
|Objective Physics – Chapter-wise MCQ for|
JEE Main/ BITSAT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition Paperback – 2015
|Objective Chemistry – Chapter-wise MCQ for|
JEE Main/ BITSAT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition Paperback – 1 Jan 2015
KCET 2021 Application Form Correction
Last year, the KEA allowed registered candidates to make changes to the online application form after the conclusion of the process. The trend is expected to be continued in KCET 2021 as well.
Based on the official notice released at kea.kar.nic.in regarding application form corrections, candidates are allowed to make alterations to the information provided in particular fields during a specific time period. However, only registered candidates are allowed to do so by logging in to the KEA website.
Check out the steps to do application form corrections below.
Step 1: At first, visit the website kea.kar.nic.in and select the “Editing online application CET-2021” link.
Step 2: Login to the portal using the User ID and Password generated during the online registration process.
Step 3: Navigate to the “Payment Status” tab and click the button saying “click here to Edit Application“.
Step 4: Now candidates will be able to modify/correct the informaion in the application form online.
Step 5: After making all necessary changes, candidates have to select “Declare” button and then click on “Submit” to save the changes.
Step 6: Once done, candidates must generate a print out of the submitted application form.
Note: Candidates are advised to verify the entries completely particularly with the fields such as category reservation, Kannada, Rural Special Category etc.
KCET 2021 Admit Card
As per the procedure followed during the previous year KCET exam, the admit cards for the offline test is expected to be issued through the official website. KCET admit card will be available at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in as per schedule before the exam. Only successfully registered candidates are to be issued the KCET 2021 admit card which can be downloaded by logging in to the website as specified above.
The KCET 2021 Admit Card contains important exam instructions and other details including the following.
- Date, time and venue of the KCET 2021 exam.
- Allotted exam centre details
- Candidate’s personal information i.e. name, father’s name etc.
- Roll Number/Admission Ticket No.
Important Points to Remember About KCET 2021 Admit Card
- The KCET 2021 admit card is released online at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in and must be downloaded by concerned candidates by logging in to the website.
- There are no provisions of the KEA to send admit cards by post.
- After downloading the KCET 2021 admit card, candidates must generate 2/3 print outs of it.
- It is advised to verify the information present on the KCET 2021 admit card and report any discrepancies to the KEA immediately.
- At the KCET 2021 exam centre, it is mandatory to produce the KCET 2021 Admit Card whenever asked to do so.
- Candidates are requested to carry a valid photo identity proof and copies of identical photographs as present on the KCET 2021 admit card to the exam centre.
- Candidates are also requested to preserve the KCET 2021 admit card till the completion of the admission process.
KCET 2021 Exam Centres
As per the previous year trends of the KCET exam, candidates are required to specify their preferred centre of appearing in the offline test during the online application process. Last year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, inter and intra-state movement was restricted when the KCET exam was conducted as such, the following exam centres were choosen by the KEA for conducting the exam.
|Bangalore Rural||Hoskote, Nelmangala|
|Bagalkot||Mudhol, Badami, Hungund|
|Belagavi (Belgaum)||Bailahongal, Hukkeri, Khanapur, Ramdurg, Raybag, Saundatti|
|Ballari (Bellary)||Kudligi, Sanduru, Siruguppa|
|Vijayapura (Bijaypur)||Indi, Muddebihal, Sindagi|
|Chickaballapur||Bagepalli, Chintamani, Gauribidanur, Sidlaghatta|
|Chitradurga||Challakere, Hiriyur, Holalkere, Hosadurga|
|Mangaluru (Mangalore)||Bantwal, Belthangadi, Sullia|
|Davangere||Harihar, Channagiri, Harpanahalli, Honnali|
|Kalaburgi (Gulbarga)||Aland, Chitapur|
|Hassan||Arasikere, Channarayapattana, Arkalgud|
|Kolar||Bangarpet, Malur, Mulbagal, Srinivasapur|
|Mandya||Maddur, Nagamangala, Pandavapura|
|Mysuru (Mysore)||Hunsur, Krishnarajanagar, Nanjanagud, Heggadadevanakote, Periyapatna, T Narasipur|
|Shivamogga (Shimoga)||Shikaripura, Thirthahalli|
|Tumakuru (Tumkur)||Kunigal, Koratagere, Pavagada, Turuvekere|
|Karwar||Bhatkal, Ankola, Haliyal, Honavar|
Important: Candidates have to choose a centre in the district from which they have studied their Class 12th.
KCET 2021 Answer Key
Last year, KEA, the exam conducting body of KCET, released the answer keys through the website kea.kar.nic.in. At first the provisional answer keys are released. Candidates who appear in the test are allowed to raise objections against the KCET 2021 Answer keys within a specified time period. Following the evaluation of the objections and approval of a revised answer key by the expert committee, the final KCET 2021 answer keys are released.
How to Raise Objections Against KCET 2021 Answer Keys?
KCET 2021 Answer Keys are released in 2 stages. At first, the provisional answer keys are released. If a candidate who appears in the KCET 2021 exam find any discrepancy in the answers, they can raise objections against the same.
Candidates/parents/lecturers are allowed to file objections against KCET 2021 Answer Key by addressing them to the “Executive Director of KEA, Bangalore“. The objections can be submitted either in person, speed post or through the email address email@example.com.
KCET 2021 Result
As per the previous iteration of the KCET exam, the evaluation of the candidate’s responses (answer sheets) is to be done on the basis of the final answer keys. Therefore, candidates can expect the KCET 2021 result to release along with the publication of the final answer key. Candidates must note that the evaluation of their responses is to be done on the basis of the final answer keys for determination of merit of order.
KCET 2021 results are expected to release at the website kea.kar.nic.in as per schedule. As per the previous year information brochure, candidates are assigned ranks in the categories of Engineering, Architecture, Farm Science, B. Pharm and Pharm D as per merit determined by the exam conducting body KEA. As such, a separate result sheet for each of the aforementioned categories is expected to be released.
Important Points to Note About KCET Result
- KCET merit lists are determined on the basis of the final answer keys.
- Along with the KCET results, the final answer keys and the list of candidates whose result has been withheld are also released.
- Candidates whose result are withheld due to want of marks of Class 12 and Date of Birth will be assigned ranks when they submit the necessary documents.
- The KCET result sheets are not displayed in the KEA premises.
- Candidates who find any discrepancy in the KCET result (except the marks secured in the exam) can raise objections within 3 days of the publication of the result. Result of such candidates is to be published thereafter.
- Candidates are requested to verify the marks of the qualifying exam (Class 12th) printed on the KCET result sheet. In case of any discrepancy, it should be notified to the KEA immediately.
- Candidates whose results are withheld due to lack of Class 12th marks have to submit a photocopy of Class 12th marks either in person or through Speed Post.
Note: Candidates must note that any request for re-totaling of marks are not entertained by the KEA after the publication of the result.
KCET 2021 Reservation Criteria
Reservation of seats in favor of certain categories as per Rule 9 of CET-2006 Admission Rules.
Under this category, the following category of reservations are available.
- Reservation for Reserved Category candidates (SC/ST, OBC under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B).
- Reservation for Rural candidates.
- Reservation for Kannada Medium candidates.
- Reservation for Ward of Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants.
- Reservation of seats for Article 371 (j) Hyderabad Karnataka.
Reservation of seats in favor of Special Category candidates (Subject to change/amendment)
Under this category, the following category of reservations are available.
- Reservation for NCC
- Reservation for Sports
- Reservation for Scouts & Guides
- Reservation for Defence
- Reservation for Ex-Defence
- Reservation for Physically Disabled
- Reservation for Anglo-Indian
- Reservation for Central Armed Police Force
- Reservation for Ex-Central Armed Police Force
KCET 2021 Counselling
The KCET 2021 counselling process includes registering online, verification of documents, conduct of the counselling online, seat allotment and issue of admission order. Candidates are requested to frequently visit the official website i.e. kea.kar.nic.in for latest updates of the counselling pertaining to each of the aforementioned stages.
Candidates who are shortlisted in the final result are called for counselling for which, they have to fill up and online form at the aforementioned website. After registering at the website of KEA for KCET 2021 counselling, candidates will be required to submit original documents following which, KEA conducts the counselling and allot seats in participating institutes as per the preference of branch/discipline the candidate and availability of seats.
Courses Offered Through KCET 2021
Based on the previous year KCET information brochure, the examination is expected to be conducted for admission to the following UG programs in the state of Karnataka.
- B.Tech Biotechnology
- B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
- B.Tech Food Technology
- B.Tech Dairy Technology
- BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences)
- B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture
- B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture
- B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Community Service
- B.Sc. (Hons) Ag. Maco.
- B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)
Karnataka Examinations Authority is the conducting body of the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. The KEA is governed by the governing council and headed by the Higher Education Minister of the Government of Karnataka. The Minister serves as the Chairperson of the Authority while the Minister of Medical Education serves as the Vice-Chairperson of the Authority. Other constituents of the governing council consisting of the Deputy Chairperson and Members of the council. In addition, the executive committee is also headed by the Executive Director as the Chairman and consisting of three other members.
KCET 2021 Contact Details
Karnataka Examinations Authority
18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram
Bangalore – 560 012
Helpline: 080 – 23 460 460 (5 Lines)
From 10.00 AM to 06.00 PM