|KCET 2021||Syllabus||Application Form|
|16 Year Question Papers||Notes||Login|
|Admit Card||Answer Key||Result|
KCET 2021 Result – KEA announces the result for KCET online at kea.kar.nic.in. The result is declared in the form of a scorecard. To check KCET 2021 result, the candidates need to enter their registration number and date of birth. The candidates can get to know their subject-wise marks, total marks, state-wise ranks after checking the result. The merit list / rank list is also announced for different courses. As per the ranks secured by the candidates in KCET, the candidates are required to take part in the counselling. Read more information about KCET 2021 result from this page.
KCET 2021 Result
The scorecard for KCET is not sent to the qualified candidates via post or email. The candidates have to download it from the official website only. Check the important dates regarding KCET 2021 result from the table given below.
|KCET 2021 Result||Dates|
|KCET 2021 exam date||to be announced|
|Marks entry for CBSE/ICSE students||to be announced|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced|
|Start date of counselling||to be announced|
Check Result Here: The candidates can check KCET 2021 result as per the schedule given above at kea.kar.nic.in.
Last year, KCET took place on July 30, 31 and August 01, whereas, the result was declared on August 21. The exam was conducted some months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the year before, the result was announced on 25 May.
How is KCET 2021 Result Calculated?
The result for KCET is compiled in the following way:
Determination of scores: The scores of KCET are determined according to the marking scheme specified by the official authority.
- For a correct answer, you will get 01 marks.
- There is no negative marking in case of the incorrect answers.
Formula to calculate KCET score
KCET 2021 score = 1 x Total number of correct answers
KCET 2021 Merit List
According to the marks of the candidates in KCET / NATA and the qualifying exam, as the case may be, KEA prepares a merit / rank list. It is released online at the official website only. The candidates who are included in the merit list are required to appear for counselling.
Preparation of KCET Merit List
The rank of the candidates is allotted according to the marks of the following examinations:
- Engineering / Technology (B.E. / B.Tech) – On the basis of the marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects both KCET and Qualifying Examination.
- B.V.Sc & A.H. – The rank is allotted according to the performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in KCET.
- B.Sc (all program) and B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) – The rank for these courses is allotted according to the performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology in both KCET and the Qualifying Examination.
- B-Pharm / Pharm-D / B-Pharm (L.E) – The rank is awarded to the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) in KCET 2021 (whichever is highest in KCET).
KCET 2021 Tie-Breaking Criteria
If in case, two or more candidates obtain the same marks in KCET 2021, then the following criteria is followed to resolve the tie:
Engineering / Technology courses
- Firstly, the marks of Mathematics in the KCET are considered.
- If the tie is still there, then the marks of Physics in KCET are taken into account.
- If there is still a tie, the marks in the respective subjects in the qualifying examination are considered.
- Lastly, if the tie is still there, then the age of the candidates is considered and the preference is given to the older candidate.
- First of all, the marks in NATA are considered.
- If the tie is still there, then the marks in Mathematics subject of the qualifying examination are considered.
- If the tie still exists, then the age of the candidate is considered and the older candidate is given preference.
How to Check KCET 2021 Result?
KCET result is announced online. The candidates can follow the steps given below to check the result.
Step 1: First of all, click on the direct link of the result given above.
Step 2: A new page will open after following the step given above.
Step 3: Next, enter the KCET 2021 registration number generated after the completion of the registration process.
Step 4: Then, click on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 5: Finally, the result will appear on the screen. Then, download it and take a printout of it.
What to do If not satisfied with KCET Result 2021?
In case of any discrepancies or issues in the result, the candidates have to submit the objections within the 3 days after the declaration of the result. The candidates can submit the objections if there is any issue in the qualifying examination marks, missing rank in KCET or if there is an incorrect version of code of KCET question paper mentioned.
Details Mentioned in KCET 2021 Result
KCET result displays the following details:
- Examination name
- Exam conducting body
- Name of the candidate
- CET number
- QE marks of all subjects
- CET marks of all subjects
Sample of KCET Result –
What is G 55 in KCET Scorecard?
After the announcement of results, the candidates may not get ranks due to these reasons:
- In order to know Q.E marks
- Candidates must have marked the version code incorrectly
- Change in QE marks due to revaluation or otherwise
It is to be noted that in KCET, the computer programme allots the ranks to the appeared candidates. In the above-mentioned categories, KEA computers assign the fresh or new rank number to these candidates. This is done in such a way that the rank number assigned to the candidates whose result was declared earlier is not disturbed. This is why the ranks like G 55, G 66 are allotted.
KCET Result Statistics
The candidates can check the statistics of KCET result given below.
- Total no. of candidates appeared for Physics: 1,75,428
- No. of candidates appeared in Chemistry: 1,75,337
- No. of qualified candidates in Engineering: 1,53,470
- No. of qualified candidates in Agriculture: 1,27,627
- No. of qualified candidates in Veterinary Sciences: 1,29,666
- No. of qualified candidates in B.Pharma: 1,55,552
- No. of qualified candidates in AYUSH: 1,29,611
KCET 2021 Counselling
After the declaration of result, the qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling. The counselling process consists of the following steps:
Registration: Firstly, the candidates have to register for KCET counselling. The registration can be done online only.
Verification of Documents: After the registration, the candidates have to get their documents verified. The candidates need to carry the original and photocopies of the documents.
Counselling Secret Key: Once the verification of documents is done, the candidates are issued a secret key. The candidates need to register and create a password.
Choice Filling: Next, the candidates have to do the choice filling. The candidates need to choose colleges, course etc during the choice filling. The candidates can submit as many choices as they want.
Seat Allotment and Payment of Fee: After the choice filling is done, the seats are allotted to the candidates. After accepting the seat, the candidates have to pay the admission fee.
About KCET 2021
Karnataka Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance examination. The test is held in the offline mode. It is conducted for the admission into UG courses of Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Yoga & Naturopathy, etc. There is no negative marking in the test. After qualifying the test, the candidates are given admission in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-aided Professional Educational institutes in the state of Karnataka.
The Government of Karnataka has established the common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell) in 1994 to conduct the entrance exam for admission into colleges of Karnataka. Later in 2006, it is converted into an autonomous body, which now known as Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). it is governed by the Governing Council Minister of Higher Education, GOK to regulate the entrance examination and admission into colleges in state of Karnataka.