|JEE Main 2021||Application Form||Correction||Exam Centres||Syllabus|
|Exam Pattern||Eligibility||Login||Admit Card||Response Sheet||Preparation|
|Mock Test||Previous Year Question Papers||Notes - Physics, Chemistry||Sample Paper||Answer Key||Result|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2021
Latest: This year too like last year, the Education Minister has announced that minimum of 75% marks in class 12 will not be criteria for admission in the NITs, IIITs, SPAs, and other CFTIs whose admissions are based on JEE Main 2021 scores. Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank tweeted the announcement on January 19, 2021. Check the same below:
Check here the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2021. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is for 10+2 qualified candidates. Students must check the eligibility criteria before applying for of JEE Main 2021. The conditions are related to age limit, education qualification, number of attempts, etc. The complete JEE Main eligibility criteria 2021 is given below.
There are 2 types of eligibility criteria for Joint Entrance Examination Main. These are as follows:
- JEE Main eligibility criteria to take the exam.
- JEE Main eligibility criteria to take admission.
Did you know: JEE Main is itself also a qualifying exam! To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced exam for IIT admissions, it is mandatory to qualify JEE Main. Only around 2.4 to 3 lakh top JEE Main toppers shall be allowed to register for the Advanced exam.
Note – This page contains the expected eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2021. The actual and updated points will be updated here once NTA releases JEE Main January/February 2021 information brochure.
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria to appear in exam – Age Limit, 12th Passing Year, Number of Attempts
To apply for JEE Main 2021, candidates need to satisfy following condition:
- There are no age criteria required for applying to the JEE Main exam as of now.
Passing Year of Class 12 / Equivalent (CRITERIA FOR DROPPERS):
- Candidates should have passed class 12 or equivalent in 2019 or 2020. Candidates who are currently in class 12 and will pass it in 2021 are also eligible for the exam.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no restriction on number of attempts in JEE Main 2021.
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE) – A qualifying examination is the last official school education exam which the candidate passed. The list of acceptable qualifying examination for JEE Main 2021 is as follows:
- Class 12th board exam from any recognized central or state Board
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
What is JEE Main 2021 State of Eligibility?
The state of eligibility or state code of eligibility is that state from where candidates passed the qualifying exam.
It is important to understand that it is not the native place or current place where a candidates lives, or the state in which they were born.
It is that state, from where candidates appeared and passed class 12 / equivalent.
- E:G: A candidates who was born in Delhi, now lives in Mumbai but appeared for qualifying exam in Assam has to mentioned Assam as the state code of eligibility.
Conditions in JEE Main 2021 State of Eligibility:
#1: Appeared for Improvement: A candidates who appeared for class 12 exam in one state but appeared for improvement in other state is to enter state code of eligibility as that state from where the actual exam was given. The state where improvement is given is not the state of eligibility.
#2: NIOS Students: Candidates who appeared for class 12 exam from NIOS, the state code of eligibility is the state in which the study center is located.
#3: Nepal / Bhutan Students: Indian students who passed Class 12 / equivalent from Nepal or Bhutan, have to enter that state as the code of eligibility which is mentioned in the passport.
#4: OCI / PIO Students: State code of eligibility in India is at par with Indian national. However, OCI / PIO students qualifying exam from an institute abroad are eligible for Other State quota seats or All India quota seats (but NOT for Home State quota seats). This is applicable in all NITs, IIEST and CFTIs.
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria for NITs, IIITs, CFTIs Admission – 12th Percentage Required, Subject Combinations
After qualifying JEE Main, JoSAA counselling is conducted. In it, seats are allocated in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs, State Engineering Colleges, and other participating institutes. However, seat is only allocated if candidates satisfy following criteria.
For Engineering Courses
- Candidates must have qualified JEE Main 2021.
- Candidates should have secured more than 75% marks in the qualifying exam or should be among the top 20 percentiles. (waived off for 2021-22 session)
- The criteria for SC / ST candidates is either more than 65% marks or be in top 20 percentiles. (waived off for 2021-22 session)
75% Criteria was NOT Applicable last year and will not be applicable in JEE Main 2021, that is in the 2021-22 session:
Due to the unique predicament of students in the pandemic, the Education Minister (then HRD Minister) announced concession in the 75% criteria last year and this year too. His exact words are – “Considering the decision taken for IIT JEE(Advanced) and in line with the decision taken for the last academic year, it has been decided to waive off the 75% marks (in class 12 exam) eligibility criteria under Joint Entrance Examination (Main) for the next academic year 2021-2022 in respect of NITs, IIITs, SPAs and other CFTIs, whose admissions are based on JEE (Main).”
What does top 20 percentile means?
It means that in respective board, candidates should have score as many marks that they can be counted among the top 20 percentile candidates. The number of candidates included in the percentile varies, depending on the number of students, topper marks, etc.
For Architecture Courses
- Must have qualified JEE Main 2021.
- For B.Arch: More than 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, along with an aggregate of above 50% marks.
- For B.Planning: More than 50% marks in Mathematics, along with overall aggregate of above 50% marks.
Subject Combinations Needed for B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch and B. Planning Admission in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs
|Course||Subjects Required in QE|
|B.E / B.Tech||Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Technical Vocational subjects|
|B.Arch||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
JEE Main Exam 2021
The rank of the JEE Main is used to take admission in various NITs, IIITs, CFTIs. The examination will be conducted by pan India in the online mode. Candidates will have to appear for the examination on any of the test centres allotted of their choice. The scorecard of the JEE main examination is valid for one year and the examination is conducted twice in a year.
FAQs on JEE Main 2021
Answer: The eligibility for the JEE Main examination is given in the article above, you may refer to it.
Answer: No, there is no age limit for the candidates to apply for the JEE Main exam.
Answer: Yes, NTA has not allotted any fixed number of attempts for the JEE Main examination.
Answer: Yes, you can apply for the JEE Main examination 2021.
Answer: Yes, a PWDb candidate with less than 50% disability apply for the examination of JEE Main.
Answer: Yes, the only thing to be kept in mind that the major subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and mathematics.
Engineering Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|