JEE Main 2021 Guidelines – JEE Main 2021 session 3 starts tomorrow, on July 20, 2021. The exam will also be held on 22, 25, and 27 July 2021. Aspirants who will be appearing for the exam have to abide by JEE Main 2021 exam guidelines. This includes COVID guidelines, things to carry, code of conduct, what to carry, and more. Things that candidates can carry are a printed copy of admit card, a valid proof, 50 ml hand sanitizer, a simple pen etc.
There is a possibility that even for JEE Main 2021 session 4, the same guidelines shall be followed. The session 4 exam is due to be held on 26, 27, 31 August and on 01, 2nd September 2021. Know more details on JEE Main 2021 guidelines from below.
JEE Main 2021 Guidelines
Given below are some important guidelines that all the candidates appearing for the exam must follow.
Reporting on time: The candidates must report at the exam center as per the timings mentioned in the JEE Main 2021 admit card. No candidate shall be permitted to enter after the gate closing time. Before the end of the exam, no candidate will be allowed to leave the exam center.
Carry the important documents to the exam center: No candidate without the admit card, a valid id proof, undertaking, other necessary documents etc should be allowed to the exam center.
Religious attire: If any religious / customary attire is worn, then please reach the exam center early so that frisking is completed on time.
Not leaving the exam center until the end of the exam: No candidate is allowed to leave the exam center until the end of the examination.
Cross-check the admit card and fill the self-declaration: Before reaching the exam center, fill the self-undertaking in clear handwriting. Paste the photograph and put a left-hand thumb impression in the designated place provided in JEE Main admit card. Make sure that the left-hand thumb impression is clear in all respects and is not smudged.
Personal belongings: The candidates are not allowed to carry any personal belongings like electronic devices or mobile phones to the exam center. The officials at the exam center will not be responsible for safekeeping those items.
What to do at the end of the exam: After the exam is over, the candidates are required to drop the duly filled-in admit card in the designated drop box while leaving the exam room. Failure to do so may lead to a non-evaluation of the answers.
Rough sheets: Blank papers for rough work will be provided at the exam center. Candidates must write their name and roll number on the top of each sheet. These sheets must be dropped at the designated drop-box. Failure to do so may lead to non-evaluation of the answers.
Unfair means: No candidate should indulge in any unfair means practices as all the exam centre will be under CCTV surveillance and will be equipped with jammers.
JEE mAIN 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines
Since JEE Main 2021 is being held in the mid of a pandemic these are the important COVID guidelines which students need to follow:
- Gap between 2 seats will be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the exam center. The candidates must sanitize their hands before entering the exam center.
- Temperature of the candidates will be checked at the exam venue. If the body temperature is higher than the advised temperature, then the candidates need to sit in a separate room.
- Only after the verification of the admit card and other related documents, the lab number or exam hall will be conveyed to the candidates.
- The candidates must maintain 6 feet distance from each other at all times.
- Before the test starts, the seating area will be sanitized properly.
- To avoid any UFM on the day of the exam, the candidates will be provided fresh 3 ply masks. All candidates are required to wear them.
- The candidates are required to paste the photograph in the attendance sheet after sanitizing their hands.
- On the completion of the test, the candidates must exit in an orderly manner. Wait for the instructions of invigilator and do not get up from the seat unless advised.
Things to Carry to JEE Main 2021 Exam Center
On the day of the examination, only the following things are allowed to be carried to the exam venue.
- A personal transparent water bottle
- A 50 ml personal hand sanitizer
- A simple transparent ballpoint pen
- Printed clear copy of JEE Main 2021 admit card on A4 size sheet
- A passport size photograph – to be pasted on the attendance sheet (must same as the one uploaded during JEE Main 2021 registration)
- A valid and original id proof – School identity card / PAN card / Driving License / Passport / Voter id / Aadhar card (with photograph) / E-aadhar card (with photograph) / ration card with photograph / 12th class admit card with photograph / bank passbook with photograph. Note that any other ids / photocopies of ids and even the attested scanned photos of id in the mobile phone shall not be considered as valid id proof
- Duly-filled in self declaration (issued at the time of downloading JEE Main 2021 admit card)
- Mask and Gloves – 3 ply mask will also be offered at the exam center
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority / PwD certificate regarding physical limitation to write in the examination hall / letter of undertaking for using own scribe (if applicable)
- Sugar tablets or fruits such as apple / banana / orange (applicable for only for diabetic students)
What is JEE Main 2021 Self-Declaration and How to Fill It?
Candidates can download JEE Main self declaration with the admit card of the exam. JEE Main 2021 self-declaration form looks like this.
What is JEE Main 2021 self-declaration? This is basically a written confirmation from the candidates appearing in JEE Main stating that they have read all the COVID-19 instructions and will be following all the protocols on the examination day. Furthermore, it confirms that the candidate is not showing any COVID-19 symptoms like fever, cough, cold etc on the day of the exam or 14 days prior to the exam.
How to fill self-declaration (Considering the last 14 days)
- Select if there are any symptoms like fever, cough, breathlessness, sore throat / runny nose, body ache in the last 14 days. If not, please leave this blank.
- Been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Now here, close contact means being at less than one meter for more than 15 minutes.
- Not been in close contact with a person suffering from COVID-19 and not under mandatory quarantine.
- Travelled any cities / country in the last 14 days before arriving at the test centre.
What after entering all the details in the self-declaration? After entering all the details, please paste a photograph (same as uploaded during the JEE Main 2021 application process), candidate’s left thumb impression and candidate’s signature. Now, out of these, the photograph and left-thumb impression must be put before reaching the exam center. Whereas, the signature has to be done on the exam day in the presence of the invigilator only.
What Not to Carry at JEE Main 2021 Exam Center?
The candidates appearing for JEE Main 2021 must take care of things that are not allowed at the exam center. These items are banned at the exam center and must not be carried.
- Any kind of paper / textual material (printed or written material)
- Eatbles and water (loose or packed)
- Mobile phone / earphone / microphone / pager
- Docu pen
- Slide rules
- Log tables
- Tape recorder
- Electronic watches with the facilities of calculator
- Any metallic item
- Water colours
FAQs on JEE Main 2021 Guidelines
Ans. Carry a printed copy of the admit card with duly filled-in application form, a simple transparent ballpoint pen, a passport size photograph, personal hand sanitizer (50 ml), personal transparent water bottle, a valid proof.
Ans. You are not allowed to carry any items like mobile phone / earphone / pager, calculator, docu pen, slide rules, camera, log tables, electronic watches with the facilities of calculator etc.
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to wear face mask during JEE Mains. A 3 ply mask will also be provided at the exam center.
Ans. Yes, you can wear jeans to JEE Mains. However, make sure there are no big pockets and large buttons in it.
Ans. You cannot wear electronic watches with the facilities of the calculator. You can wear analog watches to the exam center.