JEE Main 2021 Dress Code – National Testing Agency (NTA) will conducting JEE Main 2021 Session 3 on July 20, 22, 25, and 27, 2021. Candidates who shall be appearing for the exam must know the dress code of JEE Main 2021. All the guidelines for the exam are given in the admit card, including the appropriate COVID-19 behaviour and dress code. NTA has specified the JEE Main dress code so that there is no confusion on the exam day and the possibility of cheating is reduced. All that the boys and girls need to know about JEE Main 2021 dress code is as given below.
JEE Main 2021 Dress Code
The only instructions given by the NTA about the JEE Main dress code 2021 are:
- Candidate must not wear shoes / footwear with thick sole.
- Do not wear garments with large buttons.
- Candidates who will be wearing regional / customary attire or item must reach JEE Main exam center early for thorough frisking.
These are the only instructions given by NTA. However, selecting the correct dress for JEE Main is important so that frisking can be done quickly and you are not suspected unnecessarily. So, while selecting the dress to wear at the exam hall, keep these pointers in mind as well:
- Wear plain and simple clothes.
- You have to sit for 3 hours during the exam, so wear clothes according to the weather.
- Wearing clothes with too many pockets can also arise suspicion, so don’t.
- Guys should not wear anything that is too large or with too many layers.
- Girls must not wear heels, as that might also be uncomfortable during the exam.
- Avoid wearing shirts / t-shirts with full sleeves.
- Do not wear any clothes with fancy detailing and embroidery.
- Avoid wearing any accessories like belts, scarves, caps etc.
- Also, avoid wearing any clothes that have any metallic items. Any metallic item is not permitted at the exam centre.
Note: Religious clothes are allowed but if you are planning to wear them but reach the center early
What Type of Footwear to Wear for JEE Main 2021?
As the officials have instructed that shoes with thick soles are not allowed, so you can go for the following type of footwear:
|Sports shoes with not too thick sole||Sports shoes with not too thick sole.|
|Flat sandles||Flat sandles|
|Running shoes with not too thick sole||Running shoes with not too thick sole|
|Any other type of flat shoes or shoes with not too thick sole||Any other type of flat shoes or shoes with not too thick sole|
What Type of Clothes to Wear for JEE Main 2021 Exam
Girls and boys can wear the following types of clothes:
|Shirt with pants / jeans||Cotton Suit with duppata|
|Kurta with leggings / jeans / pants|
|T-shirt and pant / jeans||T-shirt and pant / jeans / leggings|
|T-shirt and lower||T-shirt and lower|
|—||Plain top paired up with pant / jeans / leggings.|
|Avoid belts and metal things||Avoid belts and metal things|
- Please make sure that the pant or jean that you opt for wear does not have too many pockets.
JEE Main 2021 Dress Code Specification for Religious Attire
Candidates who only prefer to wear religious attire need to not worry. You can wear religious attire like burkha, Kada, etc. However, the only thing needed is that you reach the exam centers early.
What to Carry to JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre?
The candidates carry only following items inside JEE Main 2021 exam centre.
- Print out of JEE Main 2021 admit card
- A transparent water bottle.
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml).
- 1 simple transparent black or blue ballpoint pen.
- Duly-filled in self-declaration.
- A valid id proof, in original.
- Mask and gloves.
- Sugar tablets / fruits like apple / banana / orange – in case of diabetic students.
- One passport size photograph – same as uploaded during online application process.
- PwD certificate, if applicable.
Barred Items at JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre
The candidates are not allowed to carry the following items at the exam centre.
- Geometry or pencil box
- Any kind of paper / stationery / textual material (printed or written material)
- Mobile phone / earphone / microphone / pager
- Docu pen
- Slide rules
- Log table
- Tape recorder
- Electronic watches with the facilities of calculator
- Any metallic item or electronic gadgets
JEE Main 2021 Exam Timings
JEE Main 2021 will be held in two shifts; morning and afternoon. Check the bell timings given below.
|Particulars||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Shift timings||9.00 AM – 12.00 PM||3.00 pm – 6.00 pm|
|Entry in the exam centre||7.30 AM – 8.30 AM||2.00 PM – 2.30 PM|
|Instructions by the invigilator||8.30 AM – 8.50 AM||2.30 PM – 2.50 PM|
|Candidates login to read instructions||8.50 AM||2.50 PM|
|Test commences at||9.00 AM||3.00 PM|
FAQs on JEE Main 2021 Dress Code
Ans. Yes, NTA has a specified dress code for JEE Main 2021. This includes not wearing shoes / footwear with thick soles and any garments with large buttons.
Ans. For the exam, dress in a very simple manner. This means, wear a plain or basic t-shirt and jeans. Avoid wearing clothes with large pockets or metallic items. Wear footwear that is flat and comfortable.
Ans. Shoes with thick soles must not be worn on the day of the examination.
Ans. As such no information about the handkerchief is published by NTA.
Ans. No, you are not allowed to wear duppatta at the exam centre. It is advised to wear simple shirt / kurti / t-shirt to the exam centre.
Ans. Yes, you are required to carry gloves at the exam centre.
Ans. Yes, you can wear spectacles at the exam centre. However, avoid carrying sunglasses to the exam centre.
Ans. Yes, you can wear jeans to the exam centre. However, make sure there is no large pockets or buttons.
Ans. For safety reasons, NTA specifies not to bring any items apart from the allowed ones. However, in case of an unavoidable situation, there will be arrangements to store the bags at centre at the candidate’s own risk.