|Details - JEE Advanced 2021, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Mock Test, Past Year Papers,Notes|
JEE Advanced 2021 – IIT Kharagpur has started the registration for JEE Advanced 2021. The registration process for foreign nationals had already been started at jeeadv.ac.in. JEE Advanced 2021 will be held on October 03, 2021.
This year, those students who had missed JEE Advanced 2020 will also be eligible to appear for the exam. Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) is a national level computer-based engineering entrance exam conducted for admission into Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, Dual degree programmes in 23 participating IITs. The candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2021 can appear for JEE Advanced 2021. There are 2 papers and the candidates have to appear in both papers. As per the rank secured in JEE Advanced, Joint Seat Allocation process is conducted by JoSAA. Check more details about JEE Advanced 2021 from this page such as syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, seat reservation etc.
JEE Advanced 2021
Latest News Stories on JEE Advanced 2021 Exam
26 July 2021 – JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date Announced by Dharmendra Prasad on Twitter; To Be Held on October 3. Read More
21 Jan – Official syllabus released . Download PDF files here
21 Jan – JEE Adv 2021 mock tests launched by IITKGP. Take tests here.
7 Jan – Press release published on 07 Jan. Download here
Jan – 75% criteria is removed. Read eligibility criteria here.
What is New In JEE Advanced 2021?
Change 1: 75 Percent Criteria Removed
Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal, has announced the new eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2021. He has informed that 75% marks / 20 percentile criteria for IIT JEE Advanced are removed, for admission in the IITs. The minister informed this via a tweet, where he wrote,
“Considering the decision for IIT JEE (Advanced) and in line with the decision taken for the last academic year, it has been decided to waive off the 75% marks (in class 12 exam) eligibility criteria under Joint Entrance Examination (Main) for the next academic year 20210-2022.”
Change 2: Special chance for candidates who missed JEE Advanced 2020 due to COVID!
The candidates who were eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020 but could not appear in it because of being COVID-19 positive shall be allowed to appear in JEE Advanced 2021. This is a one-time measure.
More News on JEE Advanced 2021
26 July 2021 – JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date Announced by Dharmendra Prasad on Twitter; To Be Held on October 3. Read More.
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date
JEE Advanced will be conducted on October 03. This is because only the top 2,50,000 candidates of JEE Main 2021 are allowed to register for JEE Advanced 2021. Therefore, unless all session of the JEE Main 2021 exam is held and the final result containing the All India Rank is out, JEE Advanced registration cannot start.
|JEE Main 2021 exam date||Refer to JEE Main 2021 page for details|
|Declaration of results (AIR and qualifying status for JEE ADV) of JEE Main 2021||Refer to JEE Main 2021 result page for details|
|Start of online application for JEE Advanced 2021 |
|06 Sep 2021|
|Start of online application for JEE Advanced 2021||16 Sep 2021 (9:30 am)|
|End of online application||20 Sep 2021 (till 11:59 pm)|
|Last date for fee payment of registered candidates||21 Sep 2021 (till 8:00 pm)|
|Choosing of scribe date||02 Oct 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Card||25 Sep to 03 Oct 2021|
|Date of exam||03 Oct 2021|
|Response sheet of JEE Advanced 2021 released||05 Oct 2021|
|Availability of provisional answer keys||10 Oct 2021|
|Representations against answer keys||10 – 11 Oct 2021|
|Declaration of final answer keys and results of JEE 2021||15 Oct 2021|
|Online registration for AAT||15 – 16 Oct 2021|
|AAT 2021 exam date||18 Oct 2021|
|Declaration of AAT results||22 Oct 2021|
Overview of JEE Advanced 2021
Check the overview of JEE Advanced 2021 given below.
|Conducting body||IIT Kharagpur|
|Participating institutes||23 IITs|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, Dual degree programs|
|No. of papers||2|
|Who can appear for JEE Advanced 2021?||Indian Nationals who have appeared in B.E / B.Tech paper of JEE Main 2021|
|Application mode||Online only|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based|
|No. of sections||3 sections in each subject; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
JEE Advanced 2021 Registration / Application Form
The candidates can register for JEE Advanced 2021 at jeeadv.ac.in. The registration can be done online only. Check the registration process given below.
1st step: Login: First of all, login and enter the basic data and select the exam cities. At this step, the candidates can add additional mobile number and email in addition to the number provided during JEE Main 2021 registration.
2nd step: Upload the scanned documents: Then, upload all the necessary documents such as class 10th certificate, class 12th certificate, category certificate (if applicable) etc.
3rd step: Pay the registration fee: Then, pay the registration fee. The registration fee is non-refundable.
|Category||Amount for examination cities in India|
|Female Candidates of all categories||Rs. 1400|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||Rs. 1400|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 2800|
|Foreign National Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Foreign National Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
Mode of payment
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
JEE Advanced 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates applying for JEE Advanced must have been born on or after October 01, 1996 (Applicable for Foreign Nationals candidates).
- 5 years of relaxation is given to SC / ST / PwD candidates (These candidates must been born on or after October 01, 1991).
Qualifying JEE Main 2021: To apply for JEE Advanced, the candidates must be in the top 2,50,000 (including all categories) in B.E / B.Tech paper of JEE Main 2021. The percentages of various categories of candidates to be shortlisted are:
- 10% for GEN-EWS
- 27% for OBC-NCL
- 15% for SC
- 7.5% for ST
- 40.5% is OPEN for all
The number of candidates that are selected from each of the categories is as follows:
|Category||Number of candidates|
|Open – PwD||5063|
|Gen – EwS||23750|
|Gen – EwS – PwD||1250|
|OBC-NCL – PwD||3375|
|SC – PwD||1875|
|ST – PwD||938|
No. of attempts: A candidates can attempt JEE Advanced for a maximum of 2 times in two consecutive years.
Appearance in Class 12 (or equivalent) examination: To apply, the candidates must have appeared in class 12th examination for the first time in either 2020 or 2021 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Compulsory subject a candidates must have in 10+2: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Admission in the IITs: In order to take admission, the candidates must have not been admitted to any of the IITs.
Click here for eligibility criteria for the Foreign national.
For the B.Arch Aspirants – Important Note.
- To take admission in the architecture courses in the IITs, the students need to qualify the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT).
- Only those candidates are qualified for AAT who qualify JEE Advanced.
- B. Arch. program is available at IIT Kharagpur, IIT BHU, Varanasi and IIT Roorkee only.
Courses Offered via JEE Advanced 2021
After qualifying JEE Advanced 2021, the candidates can take admission in the following courses:
- B.S (Bachelor of Science)
- Dual Degree B.Tech and M.Tech
- Dual Degree BS-MS
- Integrated M.Tech
- Integrated M.S
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern given below is as per last year’s details. New pattern will be updated once the brochure is out.
- Mode: JEE Advanced is held in the computer-based mode
- No. of papers: There are 2 papers in the test. Both the papers have to be attempted
- Duration: Both papers are of 3 hours
- Sections: Each paper has questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Language of question paper: The question paper is available in English and Hindi languages
Question Paper Pattern (As per last year’s information)
|Particulars||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Number of sections||3||3|
|Number of questions in each section||6||6|
|Total number of questions||18||18|
|Type of questions||Section 1: MCQ questions with only 1 option correct|
Section 2: MCQ questions with 1 more than 1 option correct
Section 3: Numerical value answers
|Section 1: MCQ questions with only 1 option correct|
Section 2: MCQ questions with 1 more than 1 option correct
Section 3: Match the lists
|Marks||Section 1: 18|
Section 2: 24
Section 3: 24
|Section 1: 18|
Section 2: 24
Section 3: 24
Marking scheme of the exam in both papers:
|1||+3 for each correct answer.|
0 if none of the options is chosen.
-1 for all other cases.
|2||+4 if all the correct option / options are / is chosen.|
+3 if all the four options are correct but only 3 options are chosen.
+2 if three or more options are correct but only 2 options are chosen; both of which are correct.
+1 if two or more options are correct but only 1 option is chosen and it is correct.
0 for questions left unanswered.
-2 in all other cases.
|3||+4 for each correct answer.|
0 in all other cases.
The question papers will consist of questions designed to test the comprehension, reasoning, and analytical ability of candidates.
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus
JEE Advanced 2021 syllabus has been released at jeeadv.ac.in. Check the subject-wise pdf given below.
|Architecture Aptitude Test||Click here|
Click here for the complete syllabus of JEE Advanced 2021
JEE Advanced 2021 Mock Tests
IIT Kharagpur has released the official JEE Advanced 2021 mock tests online at jeeadv.ac.in. To get familiar with the computer-based test, the candidates can solve these mock tests. Check the paper-wise links given below.
How to Prepare for JEE Advanced 2021?
Check the preparation tips for JEE Advanced 2021 given below.
Practicing with mock tests and previous year papers – Candidates should make it a habit to practice mock tests daily. Practicing mock tests gives an idea of the exam pattern. It gives you a habit of attempting exams in online mode. If you make errors in mock tests, don’t get frustrated. These mistakes will ensure you don’t repeat the same again. Sometimes, mistakes are required to learn!
Critical analysis of the paper pattern and syllabus – It is important to analyze the paper pattern and syllabus before beginning with the revision. One must begin their revision with the topics which carry a good weightage in the exam.
Plan meticulously – Once you are done with the analysis, try to chalk out your revision plan. Planning is crucial in order to revise the entire syllabus. Revising in a haphazard manner can create problems.
Revise, Revise & Revise Again – Revision is the best way to sharpen your preparation. If you have sticky notes of important theorems and formulae, take a glance on it to refresh your memory.
Importance of NCERTs – Candidates are advised to cover the entire syllabus from NCERT books first and then they may consult other reference books. NCERTs help in clearing concepts which is a must for cracking these national level entrances.
Important topics for JEE Advanced 2021:
- Physics – Electrostatics, Heat & Thermodynamics, Rotational Motion, Laws of Motion, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Ray Optics, Simple Harmonic Motion, Wave Motion, and Wave Optics.
- Chemistry – General Organic chemistry, Alcohol, Ether, Redox Reactions, Coordination Compounds, s-block and p-block elements, Aldehyde Ketone, Chemical Bonding, Solutions, Phenol, Solid State and Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Mathematics – Probability, Circles, Definite Integration, Theory of Equations, Vectors, Complex Numbers, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Sequences & Series, Matrices & Determinants and Applications of Derivatives.
JEE Advanced Previous Year Question Papers
The previous year question papers are the best source of preparation. Using the previous year question papers candidates can understand the pattern and difficulty level even better. Download the question papers from the link below:
Suggested Books for Preparation of JEE Advanced 2021
Last year, a total number of 1,50,838 candidates appeared in both the papers of JEE Advanced. Out of which, 43,204 candidates qualified for the exam. This makes the exam highly competitive in nature and for this, the candidates need to have a strategy to crack the exam. The books referred for the exam often make the deal or break it. So, here we have given some of the books that can be referred for the preparation of JEE Advanced 2021.
|A Problem Book in Physics for IIT JEE||But now|
|Problems In GENERAL PHYSICS||Buy now|
|Understanding Physics for JEE Advanced Mechanics Part 1||Buy now|
|Understanding Physics for JEE Advanced Mechanics Part 2||Buy now|
|University Physics for JEE Advanced||Buy now|
|A Textbook Of Physical Chemistry||Buy now|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry: Fifth Edition by J.D. Lee||Buy now|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations||Buy now|
|Mathematics for Class 12||Buy now|
|Objective Mathematics for JEE (Main & Advanced)||Buy now|
|The Elements of COORDINATE GEOMETRY||Buy now|
|Problems In CALCULUS OF ONE VARIABLE||Buy now|
JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can download JEE Advanced 2021 admit card from jeeadv.ac.in. It can be downloaded by entering the login credentials. Only the successfully registered candidates can download the admit card.
- Details like name, roll number, date of birth, category, address of the exam center, etc are printed on the admit card.
- Carry the printout of the admit card to the exam center as, without it, the candidates shall not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Along with the admit card, carry a valid id proof as well. Id proof can be any one of these: Aadhaar Card, School/College/Institute ID, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card, Notarized Certificate with photograph.
In case of errors in the admit card: The candidates must carefully check the details in the admit card. If there is any discrepancy, then contact the Chairman of JEE Advanced 2021 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
Important Instructions for JEE Advanced 2021
On the day of exam, the candidates need to follow the instructions given below.
- The candidates must report to the exam centre in advance in order to complete the frisking formalities.
- No candidate shall be allowed to appear for the exam after it has been started. So, manage the time accordingly.
- The candidates must wear mask and carry hand sanitizer (50ml). Also, follow the social distancing protocols.
- Do not wear any items containing metals such as rings, bracelets, earrings, pendants, clothes with big buttons.
- Do not carry any electronic items like mobile phones, calculators, IPAD etc. Other items that are not allowed are abacus, geometry box, wallets etc.
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Schedule
The schedule of JEE Advanced 2021 is also available now. You can check it below.
|JEE Advanced 2021||Time|
|Paper 1||9:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|Paper 2||2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
JEE Advanced 2021 Answer Key
JEE Advanced answer key releases at the candidate’s portal. The candidates can download it from jeeadv.ac.in. The answer key contains the correct answers for both Paper 1 and 2. Firstly, provisional answer keys are released and candidates can submit their feedback or objections on it.
After checking the errors, JEE Advanced final answer key is released. The marks will be then awarded as per the answers indicated in the final answer key.
Challenging Fee: To challenge JEE Advanced 2021 answer key, the candidates have to pay Rs 500 for each question that has to be challenged (as per last year).
JEE Advanced 2021 Response Sheet
The response sheet for JEE Advances also releases online. It is uploaded at the candidate’s login. The candidates can download the response sheet and use it with the answer key to calculate the scores. JEE Advanced response sheet is released for both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
JEE Advanced 2021 Result
JEE Advanced 2021 result can be checked from jeeadv.ac.in. The candidates can check their results by entering the roll number, date of birth, and mobile number. The ranks are allotted to those candidates who have appeared for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of JEE Advanced. The scorecard is issued to the candidates who have qualified in both papers.
Preparation of the rank list:
The rank list for JEE Advanced is prepared according to the marks secured by the candidates in JEE Advanced. The rank list consists of the name and roll number of the candidates which are arranged in the ascending order of their aggregate marks in the exam.
If in case two or more candidates have the same marks, then the following policy is followed to resolve the ties.
- The candidates with higher positive marks are given better rank.
- Then, if the tie still exists then the candidate with the higher marks in Mathematics is placed higher.
- If there is still a tie, a higher rank is assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Physics.
- If the tie still exists, then the candidates are awarded the same rank.
Cutoff for JEE Advanced 2021 Rank List
To be included in JEE Advanced 2021 rank list, the candidates must get the minimum following marks (subject-wise and aggregate). The aggregate marks shall be calculated as the sum of the marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
|Category||Minimum % of marks in each subject||Minimum % of marks in each subject|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL – PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|GEN-EWS-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
What is Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)?
The candidates who want to join B.Arch course shall have to pass AAT. This test is only for those candidates who have qualified JEE Advanced 2021
- The candidates have to register online for AAT at JEE Advanced 2021 portal.
- AAT shall be conducted in 23 IITs.
- The test consists of one paper of 3 hours duration.
- The question paper of AAT is available in English language only.
- No separate admit cards are issued for AAT. The candidates have to carry JEE Advanced 2021 admit card only.
- There is no separate ranking in AAT. There is no separate cut-off for students of any category.
- Allotment of seat is solely based on the category-wise All India Rank in JEE Advanced 2021 and B.Arch program shall be offered to only those candidates who are declared PASS in AAT.
JEE Advanced 2021 Joint Seat Allocation
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts a common process for the allocation of seats across IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes.
- All the candidates who have qualified for JEE Advanced 2021 can participate in the joint allocation process by filling their choices of courses and institutes.
- The schedule for joint seat allocation is announced separately by JoSAA.
- After filling the choices, the seat allotment result is published. After this, the candidates have to download their allotment letters and pay the seat acceptance fee. Later, the candidates need to report to the verification centers.
For admission in the IITs, candidates need no minimum marks in 10+2. They just need to pass JEE Advanced and class 12 with following sibjects:
- A language
- Any subject other than the above four
Seat Reservation for JEE Advanced 2021
Check the seat reservation criteria given below.
|GEN – EWS||10% seats in every course|
|OBC-NCL||27% seats in every course|
|SC||15% seats in every course|
|ST||7.5% seats in every course|
|PwD||5% in each of Open, GEN-EWS, SC, ST, OBC-NCL|
JEE Advanced 2021 Participating Institutes
At present, there are 23 Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) that offer admission to the candidates qualify JEE Advanced 2021.
- IIT BHU Varanasi
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneshwar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Dhanbad
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
Other Institutes: Other institutes that accept scores of JEE Advanced are:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
- Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam
FAQs on JEE Advanced 2021
Ans. JEE Advanced 2021 new exam date is October 03. The exam was earlier scheduled to be held on 03 July but got postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ans. A total number of 2,50,000 candidates are declared eligible for JEE Advanced 2021.
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory to appear in the both the papers of JEE Advanced.
Ans. JEE Advanced is considered to be one of the toughest exam and the difficulty level varies year to year. It is a high level competitive exam. However, it can be cracked with proper preparation.
Ans. IIT Kharagpur is the conducting body of JEE Advanced 2021.
Ans. JEE Advanced comprises questions from the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
Ans. Yes, 75% criteria in 12th class is removed.
Ans. There are 23 IITs that will accepts scores of JEE Advanced 2021. Some of the IITs who will accept the scores of JEE Advanced are IIT Bombay, IIT Bhilai, IIT Patna, IIT Roorkee, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur, IIT Mandi etc.
Ans. You can do the registration at jeeadv.ac.in.
Ans. In order to apply for JEE Advanced, you need to first login online and provide the basic data. Then, upload the documents and pay the registration fee.
Ans. Yes, there is negative marking in the test. The details on this will be provided at the time of exam.
Ans. JEE Advanced is conducted in the computer-based mode.
Ans. To complete each paper, the candidates are given 3 hours.
Ans. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts the seat allocation process.
Ans. Through JEE Advanced 2021, the candidates can take admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, Dual degree programmes.