JAM BT Previous Year Question Paper – JAM previous year question papers for BT is available here. Joint Admission Test (JAM) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology every year to admit students to various M.Sc programs. This year JAM BT will be conducted on 13th February 2022 along with other papers of JAM 2022. It is a national-level examination that requires dedication and efficient preparation. The JAM BT Previous Year Question Paper helps the students to get an idea of the paper pattern and provides an insight into its difficulty. The candidates can know more about JAM BT previous year question paper from here.
JAM BT Previous Year Question Paper
JAM BT Previous Year Question Papers
JAM BT Previous Year Question Papers are released on the official website of IIT JAM. The previous year’s questions are a great source of practice for candidates who are appearing for JAM 2022. It gives a clear idea of the JAM paper pattern and helps you practice within the difficulty and time level. Candidates can download JAM Previous Year Question Papers along with the answer key from the table mentioned below.
|JAM BT||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|JAM BT 2021||Download here||Answer Key|
|JAM BT 2020||Download here||Answer Key|
|JAM BT 2019||Download here||Answer Key|
|JAM BT 2018||Download here||Answer Key|
|JAM BT 2017||Download here||Answer Key|
|JAM BT 2016||Download here||Answer Key|
|JAM BT 2015||Download here||Answer Key|
JAM BT 2014 Question Paper with Answer Key
The JAM 2014 BT paper had four sets. The question papers and answer keys for each set is given in the table below.
|Subject||Question Paper & Answer Keys||Question Paper & Answer Keys||Question Paper & Answer Keys||Question Paper & Answer Keys|
|BT – Biotechnology||Code A||Code B||Code C||Code D|
How to Download JAM BT Previous Year Question Paper
The previous year’s question papers are made available to the candidates on the official website jam.iitr.ac.in. Candidates can also download JAM BT previous year’s question paper along with the answer key from the table mentioned above. To download JAM BT Previous Year Question Papers from the official website follow the steps given below.
- STEP I: Visit the official website for JAM 2022 jam.iitr.ac.in.
- STEP II: Under the examination section on the main page, click on Previous Year Question Papers.
- STEP III: A window with all the previous year question papers will appear.
- STEP IV: Search the year of examination you need the question paper for, select your subject of examination.
- STEP V: A document with the desired question paper will pop up. Download and save the pdf file for future references.
Importance of JAM BT Previous Year Question Paper
Previous year question papers contain specific segments from the syllabus. This gives a clear idea to the candidates of the important topics that have been asked over the years. The question papers are set to be completed within the required time range. So the candidates can easily practice the papers while keeping their pace and time limit in check. The previous year papers also provide an insight into the examination pattern, types of questions asked and sections that have changed over the years. Candidates can easily download JAM BT Previous Year Question Papers for practice and JAM BT Answer Key for assessment of their preparation.
JAM 2022 BT Exam Pattern
JAM 2022 BT will be conducted in online mode along with the other six subjects. Candidates will be shown questions in a sequence on their computer screen. The marking scheme for JAM 2022 is similar to GATE 2022 examination that was held recently. A scribble pad will be provided for rough work, however, calculators and mobile phones are strictly prohibited. The examination will automatically end after three hours. The complete exam pattern for the JAM 2022 BT exam is mentioned below.
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- The Question paper will be of 100 marks.
- The question paper will carry 60 questions, each of one or two mark.
- Zero marks will be rewarded for non-attempted questions.
- The question paper contains three sections:
- MCQs- Multiple Choice Questions, each MCQ has four choices.
- MSQs- Multiple Select Questions, each MSQ has more than one correct answer. The candidates need to select all the correct answers out of the four available options.
- NATs- Numerical Answer Type Questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for NAT questions.
- 1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect MCQ that carries 1 mark and 2/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect MCQ that carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking for MSQ and NAT type questions.
- The distribution of marks for different sections is mentioned below.
|Section A (MCQ)||One mark questions: 10|
Two mark questions: 20
Total questions: 30
|Section B (MSQ)||One mark questions: none|
Two mark questions: 10
Total questions: 10
|Section C (NAT)||One mark questions: 10|
Two mark questions: 10
Total questions: 20
JAM 2022 BT FAQs
Yes, there is a negative marking for JAM 2022 MCQ questions. However, there is no negative marking for MSQ and NAT-type questions.
As per the latest details, IIT Roorkee will conduct JAM 2022.
The candidates should prepare for JAM 2022 by using the right study material. You can check and practice mock tests and previous year question papers to get a clear understanding of your exam preparation.
There are 7 subjects in JAM. They are Biotechnology (BT), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), and Physics (PH).
JAM 2022 will be of 100 marks in total with 60 questions of one and two mark each.