ISDI Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022 – Indian School of Design and Innovation (ISDI) releases the ISDI Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022, on the official website i.e. isdi.in. It is made available in PDF format. The ISDI Challenge assesses candidates on the basis of the Design Aptitude Test (DAT), an online interview and a Portfolio. The DAT is divided into 4 parts namely General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Thinking and Storytelling. The duration of this test is 1 hour. The weightage of this test is 30%. Scroll below to check out the Exam Pattern, Syllabus, how to prepare for the ISDI Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus and much more.
ISDI Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
Download Here: Candidates can download ISDI Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022 as per schedule from isdi.in
ISDI Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus Overview
The overview of the ISDI Entrance Exam is as follows:
|Name of the Exam||ISDI Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indian School of Design and Innovation, ISDI|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
ISDI Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022
In order to have a clear comprehension of the curriculum, candidates must be well-versed in it before commencing their preparation. The following is the syllabus for the ISDI Design Aptitude Test (DAT):
General Awareness –
- Indian History
- World History
- Indian Polity and Constitution
- Indian Economy
Logical Reasoning –
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood relations
- Directions and Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangement
- Logical Series
- Groups and Conditionalities
- Venn Diagram based Syllogisms
- Visual Reasoning
- Cubes and Dices
- Logical Puzzles
- You will be required to evaluate an image and wite an engaging story based on it.
- The length of your narrative should not exceed 15 sentences.
AREAS OF FOCUS–
- Drawing and Imaging
- Design Writing & Reading
- Art and Design Methodologies
- Design Research
- History of Objects
- Space and Materiality
- Societal Energy Sources & Sustainable Systems
ISDI Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022 Exam Pattern
The ISDI Entrance Exam is completed with ISDI Challenge. This challenge comprises three stages or levels. The pattern for the same is provided below:
- Undergraduate – For UG level, the design Entrance test is conducted in 3 stages:
For Portfolio Review or Design Project:
The portfolio may include – Drawings, paintings, sculptures, performances, graphic designs, animations, pictures, and sketchbooks.
Image Format – PDF file, JPEG/JPG or a compressed zip file, not exceeding 500 MB
Maximum Marks – 100
Weightage – The Portfolio constitutes 40% of the overall exam.
Note- If you don’t have a portfolio, you can complete the Design Project to move further.
Design Project – Make a visual piece based on one of the following themes:
- One World
- Tracing Nature
- Translating Tomorrow
Drawings, film, photography, sculpture, 3D work, collage, and computer pictures are all accepted kinds of media. Write a 500-word essay to support your proposal by detailing how your ideas evolved.
For Design Aptitude Test (DAT):
No. of Questions – There are 41 questions in the DAT.
Maximum Marks – 100
Duration – The duration of DAT is 60 min.
Mode – The Exam will be conducted in Online mode.
Question type – The paper will comprise MCQs except for the storytelling section.
Weightage – The DAT constitutes 30% of the overall exam.
Marking Scheme – The marking scheme is provided in the table below:
|Section||No. of Ques.||Marks|
|General Awareness||15||30 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||15||30 marks|
|Analytical Thinking||10||20 marks|
Note- There is no Negative-marking in the Design Aptitude Test.
For Online Interview:
Maximum Marks – 100
Duration – The duration of the online interview is 25 min.
Mode – The interview will be conducted in Online mode.
Weightage – The Online interview constitutes 30% of the overall exam
- Postgraduate – For PG level, there is only Portfolio review & Interview session conducted.
How to Prepare for ISDI Entrance Exam 2022?
Candidates can refer to the following preparation tips:
- General Awareness: Read books on Indian history, world history, geography, etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Develope a strategy or approach to successfully address the LR problems. Concentrate on the order in which the items appear in the question and make a relationship between them. Treat them as separate patterns at first, then join them afterwards, paying attention to the changes in each component as the sequence progresses.
- Analytical Reasoning: Thinking more rationally will aid in answering analytical reasoning problems. Practising and working on topics such as crossword puzzles, puzzles, Syllogisms, and so on, might help you build Analytical thinking.
- Storytelling: A good narrative should begin with an inciting event, progress through escalating action, reach a climax, and end with a satisfying ending.
- Choose a key statement that is clear and concise.
- Have a well-defined structure
- Make use of your own unique experiences
- Make your readers interested in what you’re saying.
Important Books for ISDI Entrance Exam 2022
Following books are recommended by experts to help you get your best results on the exam:
|Section||Recommended Books||Link To Buy|
|General Awareness||Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2022|
Lucent’s General Knowledge
|Logical Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Analytical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey||Click Here|
|Storytelling||Creative Storytelling by Jack Zipes||Click Here|
FAQ’s about ISDI Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022
Ans. General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Thinking and Storytelling
Ans. The duration of the Online interview round is 25 minutes.
Ans. There are 40 MCQs and 1 storytelling based question in the design aptitude test.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the ISDI Entrance Exam.