IMU CET 2021 – Indian Maritime University has cancelled IMU CET 2021 exam, due to some administrative reasons. Admission is done on the basis of ranks of normalised marks of class 12. The detailed instruction regarding IMU admission has released on the website, which is imu.edu.in. Whereas, IMU conducts BBA admission without CET. Indian Maritime University is a central university, with campuses in Chennai, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai Port, Navi Mumbai, Visakhapatnam. It was established in 2008.
IMU CET 2021
There are 5 types of CET to be conducted viz:
- IMU CET for UG programmes
- IMU CET for Lateral Entry admissions
- IMU CET for the two MBA programmes and M.Sc. programme
- IMU CET for the 3 M.Tech programmes
- IMU CET for new P.G/Doctoral programmes
These are indicative lists and can vary in a particular year depending on the specific requirements and approvals.
As per the trend of earlier IMU’s CETs it is seen that the candidates estimate ranges from 15000-30000 for admissions in 6 campuses of IMU and 18 Affiliated Institutes of IMU. However the number of candidates can increase this year, in case Director General of Shipping instructs IMU to conduct CET for all Maritime Training Institutes (MTIs) across India.
A) UG Programmes:
- B. Tech (Marine Engineering)
- B. Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B. Sc (Nautical Science)
- BBA (Logistics, Retailing and e-Commerce)
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science)
B) PG Programmes:
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
- MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
- M. Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics)
- M.Tech (Marine Engineering and Management)
- Ph.D / M.S. (by Research)
IMU CET 2021 Exam Date
IMU has released the important date for CET 2021 and the entrance exam will be held on August 29 2021. Candidates check the schedule for IMU CET 2021 is given below table.
Timeline for IMU CET 2021 will be as follows.
|Start of IMU CET 2021 registration||29 Jul 2021|
|Last date of application form submission||20 Aug 2021|
|Date by which candidates should be able to download Hall Tickets / Admit Cards||25 Aug 2021|
|IMU CET 2021 Exam Date|
Timeline for IMU BBA Admission 2021 (without CET) will be as follows.
|Date of commencement of Online Registration for BBA Admissions||29 Jul 2021|
|Last date for Online Registration for BBA programme||23 Aug 2021|
|Publication of First List of Candidates for the BBA Programme||30 Aug 2021|
|Deadline for Online Payment of Programme Fee for candidates selected in First list for BBA Programme||06 Sep 2021|
|Publication of Second List of Selected Candidates for the BBA Programme||09 Sep 2021|
|Deadline for Online Payment of Programme Fee for candidates selected in Second List for BBA Programme||14 Sep 2021|
|Publication of Third List of selected candidates (if necessary)||17 Sep 2021|
|Deadline for Online Payment of Programme Fee for candidates selected in Third List for BBA Programme||21 Sep 2021|
|Certificate Verification at the campus allotted.||27 – 29 Sep 2021|
|Date of Commencement of Programmes||01 Oct 2021|
IMU CET 2021 Result
After conduct of CET, the raw data of ranks to be given as one common ranks and category wise. Upon submission of ranks and details, IMU will decide the cut-offs and according to cutoffs the qualified candidates rank list is prepared. All candidates appearing in the list will be termed as qualified candidates.
The qualified candidates rank list is released in IMU website. The facility to generate rank certificate for those candidates only whose names appear in qualified rank list should be available in counselling portal under a separate link and should be available till the time entire admission is over. The counselling portal is to be opened which should start with the question to be asked from candidate as to if he is interested in applying to IMU and its Affiliated Institutes. Upon confirmation the candidate should be directed to record the choices of candidates for the Course-Campus combinations which are called as preferences. After recording preferences, the Counselling Fee is to be made payable through Payment Gateway. Before making payment, the candidates will have to make a declaration in a specified format
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The Proctored Online CBT based Admissions will be operated only in a situation where physical conduct of tests is not possible because of the COVID-19 pandemic or any other such unforeseen circumstances or requirements. The decision of IMU in this regard will be final.
IMU CET 2021 Application Form
Applications / registration with necessary validations for various programmes will be accepted through an online portal. Fee payment will be via Payment Gateway. SMS and Email messages will be sent to applicants, as required. Also, there will be Helpdesk services using Email and Phone.
Online Registration of applicants will have facility to upload photographs, certificates, e-receipt, scanned signatures, capturing scanned image of thumb impression(image capturing only), Declaration capturing in candidate’s handwriting such as “I ACKNOWLDGE THAT THE DETAILS ENETERED ARE CORRECT AND THIS DECLARATION IS WRITTEN BY ME. IN CASE OF ANY MISMATCH MY CANDIDATURE MAY BE CANCELLED.”
Downloading and printing of filled-in application in standard formats and with provision of administrative login to IMU to check and authenticate the applications online.
IMU CETs are usually held in the following 36 cities (Test Centres):
Depending upon the number of applicants, the number of cities (Test centres) may vary. [If IMU conducts CET for all Maritime Training Institutes (MTIs) across India, then the number of centres will go approximately twice to thrice the existing strength. The decision will be taken as per decision of Directorate General of Shipping (DGS)].
IMU CET Admit Card 2021
IMU CET Admit Card releases 15 days before the date of the exam. Candidates who are appearing the entrance test have to download the admit card from the official website. The admit card can be downloaded online only. To download the hall ticket, the applicants have to enter the application number and password. The admit card carries complete details of the exam and the candidate.
The step by step process to check to download the hall ticket is as follows-
- Candidates have to first visit the official website of the imu.edu.in
- Then click on the hall ticket link available on the homepage.
- Enter the application number and password and submit.
- The hall ticket is then displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details carefully and download the exam admit card.
- Take the printout of the hall ticket.
There will be Computer-based Online Counselling for the candidates qualified in IMU’s Common Entrance Test for Admissions to the UG and PG Courses throughout the Academic Year (Academic Year of IMU starts from 1st August and ends at 31st July) at its Campuses and provision for data entry of the students admitted to various UG/PG Programmes in Affiliated Institutes (Admissions done twice per year – February Batch and August Batch).
The details of the seats available for Online Counselling for each course and each IMU Campus or affiliated colleges will be made available by IMU in the form of a ‘Seat Matrix’.
- The qualified candidates will be given the opportunity to apply for first cycle of counselling for a period of approx. 5 days.
- The candidates will be asked to pay the fees Counselling Fee (Rs.10000) within a period of 5 days from opening of the portal.
- After the 5 day period, the data is to be shared to IMU after reconciliation of payments the very next day. The payment reconciliation should be done with Finance IMU-HQ section.
- All the candidates registered are to be given a confirmation about receiving the Counselling Fees through automated SMS and e-mails.
- After confirmation of the candidate’s payment, the successfully registered candidates should be allotted seats as per the PREFERENCES & seat matrix given, accounting for appropriate reservations and the data to be shared with IMU for approval.
- IMU will release the Provisional Allotment List. The candidates will be awarded a Seat for a Campus-Course. The candidates are to be sent information through automated SMS and Email to download the Provisional Allotment Letter.
- Candidates should be able to download to the Provisional Allotment Letter which should be made available in a link under counselling portal.
About Indian Maritime University
The Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai is a Central University under the Union Ministry of Shipping with All India jurisdiction, with Headquarters at Chennai, its own Campuses at Chennai, Cochin, Mumbai, Kolkata and Visakhapatnam, and with 18 Affiliated Institutes all over the country.
Details below this line pertain to IMU CET DNS 2021.
IMU CET DNS February 2021
IMU CET Result 2021
The exam conducting body has released the IMU CET Result online at imu.edu.in. Applicants can check their results by downloading the rank list PDF. The result shows the qualification status of the candidates. The result is sent to the candidates through SMS and email.
Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test Admission Dates
Important dates to note for IMU CET DNS February 2021 are as follows.
|Starting date of online registration||10 Feb 2021|
|Closing date of online registration||28 Feb 2021|
|Downloading hall tickets||04 Mar 2021|
|IMU CET Exam date||13 Mar 2021|
|Date of publication of the result on the website||22 Mar 2021|
|Issue of Rank Card||26 Mar 2021|
|Commencement of Academic Session||01 Apr 2021|
In 2021, the IM CET for admission to DNS in IMU affiliated maritime institutes is being conducted as an online proctored test. Candidates can check out the key features in the table below.
|Exam Date||13 Mar 2021 (Saturday)|
|Exam Timings||11.00 AM to 02.00 PM|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||All objective|
|Negative marking||Not applicable|
|System Requirements||Desktop/Laptop with internet connection, speaker & webcam|
Download IMU CET Model Papers
- Ph.D/MS(by Research) – Marine Engineering
- Ph.D/MS(by Research) – Nautical Studies
- Ph.D/MS(by Research) – Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Ph.D/MS(by Research) – Maritime Management
- UG (except BBA)
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible for DNS and B.Sc (Nautical Science).
- Candidates must have a passport. The name must be the same as given in the 10th class certificate.
- The minimum age of the candidate (general category) and lateral entry is 18 years and the maximum age of the candidate is 25 years as on 5th October 2021.
- Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST category.
- Candidates have to score a minimum of 60% marks in PCM in 10th and 12th examination. The minimum passing marks in English subject must be 50% marks.
- 5% relaxation is applicable in the eligibility marks for SC/ST category. It is not applied for English marks.
- However, 5% relaxation is applicable in English for the native candidates of Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar islands (who belong to SC/ST category).
Candidates must note that the above age and educational qualification criteria are applicable for the following programmes: School of Nautical Sciences, School of Marine Engineering and Technology, School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, School of Maritime Management.
Admission Notification for DNS Programme February 2021 – Download PDF Here
IMU CET 2021 FAQs
Ans: The university releases the application form on February 10, 2021
Ans: Candidates have to fill the application form online only.
Ans: Applicants are selected based on the common entrance test marks.
Ans: The minimum age of the candidate (general category) and lateral entry is 18 years and the maximum age of the candidate is 25 years as on 5th October 2021.
Ans: The mode of counselling is online. Candidates have to register and submit the choices as per their preferences.