IMU CET 2021 Application Form – Indian Maritime University releases the IMU CET Application Form 2021 in the month of April on its official website, imu.edu.in. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are eligible to fill the IMU CET application Form before the deadline date. IMU CET is a university level entrance test that is conducted to offer admissions in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of marine engineering. In this article, candidates can check the complete procedure for IMU CET 2021 registration including how to fill the form along with fee details, and related information.
IMU CET 2021 Application Form
The application form for IMU CET 2021 is expected to be available in April.
IMU CET 2021 Application Form Schedule
The official dates of the entrance application form have not been released yet. However, candidates can check out the tentative dates below. We advise the applicants to frequently check the official website, i.e imu.edu.in for the latest updates and notifications.
|Starting date of the application form||Apr 2021|
|Closing date of the registration form||May 2021|
IMU CET 2021 Entrance Application Fees
If the fee remains same as last year, then the application fee cost for UG (B.Tech) and PG courses is Rs 1000/- for General, OBC-NCL candidates. SC/ST candidates have to pay Rs 700/- for registration. The registration fees for BBA admission is Rs 200/- for General/OBC candidates and Rs 140 for SC/ST applicants. The application fees are non-refundable and have to be paid online through Internet banking, credit or debit card.
How to Apply / Fill IMU CET 2021 Application Form?
The Indian Maritime University releases the application form for IMU CET online. Candidates have to fill and submit the application online. The step by step process to fill the application form is as follows-
Step-I Registration Process
This is the first stage of the application form procedure. Eligible candidates have to visit the official website of imu.edu.in and click on the “New Registration”. In the registration process, the applicants have to provide their name, mobile number, e-mail id, date of birth etc. Once the registration is completed, the candidates will receive a registration id and password.
Filling up the application form
In this section, the applicants have to provide their personal, educational, exam centre and communication details. Candidates are advised to enter the correct details in the IMU CET 2021 Application Form.
Uploading of the documents
After the submission of the details, the applicants have to upload the scanned documents of the photograph, signature, 10th and 12th mark sheet, and caste certificate as per the required specifications.
Payment of the application fees
Soon after uploading all the documents and information, candidates have to proceed further to make the payment of the application fees. The mode of the payment is online through Internet banking/credit/debit card.
Submission of the IMU CET Entrance Application Form
This is the last stage of the application form process. After filling and making the payment, finally submit the IMU CET B.Tech Registration Form 2021-22. Candidates are advised to take two to three printouts of the application form for future purpose.
Check Eligibility Criteria Before Filling IMU CET Application Form 2021
Candidates who are willing to get admission in Indian Maritime University must check the IMU CET eligibility criteria. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria are not eligible for the application form procedure. The criteria are as follows-
B.Tech Eligibility Criteria (Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- The age limit of the candidate must be between 18 years to 25 years as on 5th October 2021.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. 5% relaxation is applicable for the reserved category candidates.
- Candidates must score 50% marks in English subject in 10th and 12th class.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the English language is applicable for the candidates who are natives of Lakshadweep and Andaman and the Nicobar Islands.
M.Tech Eligibility Criteria (Naval Architecture, and Ocean Engineering, Dredging and Harbour Engineering, and Marine Engineering and Management)
- Candidates must be an engineering graduate in Mechanical/Civil/Marine/Naval Architecture from a recognized university.
- The minimum qualifying marks in graduation must be 60%.
- There is no age limit for admission in M.Tech courses.
- For reserved category candidates, there is 5% relaxation in the eligibility marks.
Along with the age and educational qualifications, candidates have to also satisfy the medical fit requirements. Applicants can check the medical eligibility criteria below.
Medical Requirements in IMU CET 2021
- For Marine Engineering, the candidates have to get a medical certificate issued from the doctors who are approved by the Director of General Shipping.
- For B. Tech (Naval Engineering and Ocean Engineering) and B.Sc (Ship Building and Repair), the candidates have to issue physical fitness from a medical practitioner.
For B. Tech in Marine Engineering, the candidates have to satisfy the following requirements-
- The applicants should not have a squint on the eyes.
- Have morbid condition on eyes.
- There should be no pressure of trachoma and iris complication sequel.
- Must have a good binocular vision
- The eyeballs should move in all the directions.
- The pupils should react normally to light and accommodation.
- The distance vision shall have unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 6.7 (6/9) in better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in other eyes. The normal colour vision shall be tested by the Ishihara Test Chart.
IMU CET 2021 Exam
Due to the COVID situation, the IMU Common Entrance Test is conducted in batches in 84 cities in India. Applicants can submit up to three exam centre preferences at the time of registration. The exam is for admission to UG, PG courses in Indian Maritime University.
IMU CET Application Form 2021 – FAQs
Ans: The university releases the application form in July.
Ans: The Indian Maritime University is responsible for conducting the IMU CET 2021.
Ans: The mode of the application form is online.
Ans: The application fee cost for UG (B.Tech) and PG courses is Rs 1000/- for General, OBC-NCL candidates. For SC and ST category, the application fee cost is Rs 700/-
Ans: No, the candidates have to submit the application form online only.
Official Website: imu.edu.in.
Engineering Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|