ILICAT 2022 Syllabus – It is very important to know the syllabus of ILICAT 2022 before starting the preparation for this exam. The ILICAT 2022 Exam contains the sections like English & General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, and Legal Aspects. The ILICAT 2022 Syllabus is provided below so candidates can check what topics are their strong areas and what topics are weak to succeed in the test. The ILICAT 2022 Syllabus is not officially released. The ILICAT Exam is conducted for the candidates who want to apply for the LLM or Ph.D. courses in law colleges. The candidates who have passed the law degree with the required percentage can apply for this exam. In this article, the candidates will find, the ILICAT syllabus, ILICAT entrance test pattern, some of the preparation tips for the ILICAT exam, etc.
ILICAT 2022 Syllabus
The sections of ILICAT 2022 Syllabus – Legal Aptitude, English and General Knowledge, and Legal Aspects.
ILICAT 2022 Syllabus for English and General Knowledge
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Parts of Speech
- Sentence Re-arrangement
- Sentence Completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Subject-verb agreement
- Choose the appropriate words
- Current events and affairs
- National News
- International News
- Indian and world’s geography
- Indian and world history
- Authors and Books
- Scientific discoveries
- Economical and social developments.
- General Science
ILICAT 2022 Syllabus for Legal Aptitude –
- Law of Torts
- Law of Limitation
- Environmental Law
- Commercial Law (Contract and Specific Relief Act, Partnership and Sale of Goods Act)
- Constitutional Law
- Public International Law
- Strict Liability
- International Court of Justice
- Legal Terms and Maxims
- Important Acts
ILICAT 2022 Syllabus for Legal Aspects –
- Constitutional Issues
- Crime and Law Enforcement
- Education Rights
- Family Rights
- Children’s Rights
- Legal theories around various law subjects
ILICAT 2022 Books
For the preparation of ILICAT 2022 Exam, Books have been mentioned below –
|Books Name||Buying Link|
|Grammar Error Spot by A.Uphadhaya||Click Here|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||Click Here|
|CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination by Ankit Verma||Click here|
|Universal’s CLAT Guide (Legal Aptitude)||Click here|
|Legal Aptitude by R K Gupta||Click Here|
|Human rights and duties||Click Here|
|The Indian Constitution by Austin Granville||Click Here|
|General Knowledge by Arihant Publications||Click Here|
|Manorama English Yearbook||Click Here|
ILICAT 2022 Exam Pattern
For knowing the ILICAT 2022, the exam pattern is given below –
- Duration of test – The ILICAT Exam will be of 2 Hours and 30 minutes.
- Sections – There will be 3 sections.
- Mode of exam – It will be held in Online Mode.
- Medium of language- The language will be English.
- Type of questions – The exam will have Multiple choice questions and Objective type questions.
- Marks given in correct answer – There will be1 mark for multiple and 10 mark for objective type.
- Negative marking – There will be 0.25 deduction for multiple choice questions.
The distribution of questions and marks are as follows:
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|Part 1 – English & General Knowledge||40||40|
|Part 2 – Legal Aptitude||100||100|
|Part 3 – Subjective Questions on Legal aspects||4||40|
|Total||144 questions||180 marks|
ILICAT 2022 Preparation Tips
Here are some of the few preparations tips given for the ILICAT 2022 –
- There are several books and recommended reference materials that candidates can use to improve their scores.
- Plan out an effective study schedule that includes several sections and different topics along with a timetable.
- Read from the important topics like Indian constitution, torts, criminal law, contracts, etc., to gain a stronger understanding of law.
- Keep up to date on current events in law as well as recent developments in law; these are important aspects of the exam and you should be aware of them.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible, and after you have solved them, take time to analyze them properly so you know where you need to improve.
- Nowadays, there are several legal magazines and journals available. You can easily purchase it almost anywhere from the market or online.
- Try to solve atleast last ten year question papers to understand the pattern of the exam and to fetch more marks.
FAQs About ILICAT 2022 Syllabus
The sections in the ILICAT 2022 Exam are – Legal Aptitude, English and General Knowledge, and Legal Aspects.
Some of the important topics of the Legal Aspects in the ILICAT 2022 Exam are Crime and Law Enforcement, Legal theories around various law subjects, Educational, Family, Children’s rights, etc.
Some of the important topics in the English and General Knowledge in the ILICAT 2022 Exam are Language Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Current Events, International News, etc.
The duration of the ILICAT 2022 Exam is 2 Hours and 30 minutes.
Some books for the ILICAT 2022 Exam are CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination by Ankit Verma, Legal Aptitude by R K Gupta, etc.