IISc Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has released the application form for IISc Bangalore admission 2021. Registration is open for UG as well as PG, and research programs. UG course offered is 4-yr BSc, to which admission is on the basis of KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET. PG courses offered are M.Tech, PhD, M.Des, M.Mgt, and more, where admission is through GATE, JAM, JEST, CEED, CAT, and other exams. IISc is a deemed research university. IISc was ranked #1 university in India, as per NIRF Ranking. Get complete details of IISC UG, PG admission 2021 here including dates, application form, how to fill form, admission modes, cut offs, and more.
IISc Admission 2021
Announcement: Student Applied for Regular M.Tech/MDES(through GATE) Programme must register themselves on COAP 2021 portal and update their COAP registration number at admission portal by clicking on update your National Ent test result tab on or before 31 Mar 2021.
Schedule for IISc Admission 2021
Candidates can check out the complete schedule for IISc admission 2021 in the table below.
|IISc Admission 2021||Date|
|Start of online applications (for all courses)||22 Feb 2021|
|Last date to apply for UG courses||30 Apr 2021|
|Last date to apply for PG courses||31 Mar 2021|
|Last date to print out the receipt of Sponsored/ERP applications||05 Apr 2021|
|Online Written Test for M.Tech/M.Des||15 – 18 Apr 2021|
|Online Interview for M.Tech/M.Des||19-23 Apr 2021|
|Online Group Discussion & Interview for M. Mgt||19-23 Apr 2021|
|M.Tech (sponsored by ISRO, NAL, DRIP, ACIWRM etc)||10 May 2021|
|M.Tech (sponsored by Defence & DRDO)||11-12 May 2021|
|Online Test (For Research)||01-08 May 2021|
|Interdisciplinary programs||14-15 May 2021|
|Research Programs/ERP||17-21 May 2021|
|Integrated Ph.D Programs||24 & 25-27 May 2021|
|Commencement of Regular Course Programs||20-21 July 2021|
|Commencement of Research programmes, Integrated PhD, Sponsored M Tech ERP programmes||22-23 Jul 2021|
|Start of classes||02 Aug 2021|
The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore offers admission to various UG, PG programs offered by the Institute. While only a single B.Sc course is available for UG admissions, at the PG level, the Institute offers admission to Ph.D, Masters in Technology, Design, Management as well as Integrated Ph.D programs. Check out the complete details of admission here.
IISc M.Tech / M.Des Entrance Exam 2021 Schedule and Timing
Check out the complete schedule and bell timing for M.Tech / M.Des online written test from below.
IISC UG Admission 2021
Course Offered: Four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 exam in 2020 or are appearing in 2021.
- Secured at least 60% or more marks (relaxed to pass marks for SC, ST candidates).
- Studied PCM as compulsory subjects.
- Those who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc. in addition to PCM are also eligible to apply.
For admission to the 4 years B.Sc (Research) Program, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of any of the following national examinations.
- KVPY-SA – appeared in 2019 & selected for fellowship
- KVPY-SB – appeared in 2020 & selected for fellowship
- KVPY-SX – appeared in 2020 & selected for fellowship
- KVPY-SA (2019) & SX (2020) Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates.
- IIT-JEE-Main – appearing in 2021 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54 % (EWS), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
- IIT-JEE-Advanced – appearing in 2021 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54 % (EWS), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
- NEET UG – appearing in 2021 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (EWS), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
IISC PG Admission 2021
Courses Offered: PhD/M.Tech (Research), M.Tech, M.Des, M.Mgt, Integrated Ph.D, Ph.D under external registration
Eligibility for PhD/M.Tech (Research) Programs
Eligibility for M.Tech Programs
- Candidates must have a second class Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline of Engineering/Technology.
- Those who have a Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics, Computer Applications with a valid GATE score (2019-2021) can also apply.
Eligibility for M.Des Programs
- Candidates must have a second class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Design.
- Applicants must have a valid GATE 2019/2020/2021 score.
- Those who have a valid CEED 2021 score can also apply.
Eligibility for M.Mgt Programs
- A first-class Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering/Technology is required to apply.
- GATE 2019/2020/2021 score is mandatory.
- Those who have a valid CAT 2020 or GMAT score can also apply.
Eligibility for Integrated PhD Programs
Eligibility for PhD ERP
- Candidates must be qualified as per eligibility for regular PhD programs.
- One must have completed 2 years of full-time employment after the completion of their degree course.
- Applicants must be officially sponsored by their employing organization.
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) to qualify in anyone among CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, UGC-NET for JRF, DBT JRF, ICMR JRF, GATE, NBHM.
|PhD/M.Tech (Research)||Eligible applicants shortlisted for an online interview on the basis of national examinations.|
In some cases, the online interview may be preceded by an aptitude test/preliminary interview.
|M.Tech||Online written test & online interview|
|M.Des||Eligible candidates are shortlisted for the online design aptitude test & online interview on the basis of GATE/CEED score. |
Selection is based on 70% marks in GATE/CEED & 30% marks in online design aptitude & interview.
|M.Mgt||Eligible applicants shortlisted for online interview on the basis of GATE/CAT/GMAT score.|
|Integrated Ph.D||Selection for an online interview is done on the basis of the JAM 2021 score. |
For Physical Sciences, the selection is done on the basis of the JEST 2021 score.
Selection for Biological, Physical & Mathematical Sciences is on the basis of performance in qualifying examination & interview.
Selection for Chemical Sciences is on the basis of an online interview.
|PhD under ERP||Selection is done onb the basis of online interview.|
IISc 2021 Application Form
Indian Institute of Science has released the IISC application form 2021.
The application form for admission to the UG & PG courses offered by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore releases online at the official website only. Eligible candidates seeking admission to the courses in the academic session 2021 have to fill up the form online by paying the requisite application fee.
Check out the step by step procedure to fill up the application form online here below.
- Open the website iisc.ac.in.
- Under the Admissions tab, click on Online Applications.
- Now, candidates have to click on Admissions 2021.
- At this step, candidates have to choose between applying for UG or PG programs.
- Candidates have to click on New User – To Register Click Here.
- Fill up the registration form & set a password to complete the registration process.
- Log in with the registered email ID/Application Number and Password to access the online application form.
- Fill up the application form with the correct information as indicated in separate fields.
- Upload requisite documents & pay the application fee.
- Generate a print out of the application form for future reference.
The application fee amount is specified differently for admission to UG & PG courses. Furthermore, certain categories are eligible for relaxations on the maximum application fee amount. It may be noted that the fee amount can only be paid online using either debit/credit card or internet banking. Candidates can check out the fee details below.
Application Fee for UG Admissions
Application Fee for PG Admissions
|ERP Candidates||Rs 2000|
|Sponsored Candidates||Rs 800|
IISc 2021 Admit Card
For admission to the programs offered by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, the Institute does not conduct any internal entrance test. Instead, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their qualification and performance in the interview. For admission to M.Tech & M.Des courses, the institute conducts a preliminary written/online design aptitude test.
Admit cards for appearing in the selection stages of IISc admission releases online at the official website of the Institute i.e. iisc.ac.in. Candidates have to download the admit card as per schedule and appear in the concerned selection test as per details indicated on the admit card. It may be noted that the admit card releases through candidate login. As such, candidates need to log in with their Application Number & Password to download the admit card.
IISc 2021 Results
Know how to check IISC Result, Cut off, Counselling 2021 here.
Merit lists for admission to various UG & PG courses offered by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore releases at the official Institute website i.e. iisc.ac.in. Once the selection stages are over, the institute releases the results in the form of a merit list of candidates who are shortlisted for admission to various courses offered by the Institute.
The IISc conducts written/online design aptitude test and online interview for the selection of eligible applicants. Candidates are offered admission to their preferred courses as per merit in the selection stages and availability of seats.
A History of IISc: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore officially came into existence on May 27, 1909. The Institute was directed at first by the English chemist Morris Traverse who acted as the first Director of the IISc. The first batch of students that enrolled were only 24 in number and the first batch was started in the year 1911. During the initial stages, the IISc started with only two academic departments. Currently, the IISC offers both UG & PG as well as PhD courses through its campus at Bangalore.
The Indian Institute of Science was established by the great Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata. It started its first batch in the year 1911 with only 24 students. The institute currently offers an opportunity for higher studies & research to eligible candidates through admission to various courses at the UG & PG levels.
The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore was established through the efforts of the great Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata. With the support of the Mysore State, 371 acres and 16 guntas of land was sanctioned for the establishment of a Science Institute in the city of Bangalore. The institute however came into existence posthumously after the death of Jamsetji Tata in 1904.
Overview of IISc
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Campus Location||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Courses||UG – B.Sc (Research)|
PG – PhD/M.Tech (Research), M.Tech, M.Des, M.Mgt, Integrated Ph.D, Ph.D under external registration
|Entrance Test||No Entrance Test. Admission is conducted on the basis of merit in different national & state level entrance tests.|
|Tentative Start of Classes in 2021||02 August 2021|
|Advertisement for PG Programs||Click Here|
|Advertisement for UG Programs||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQs on IISc Admission 2021
Ans. The IISc, Bangalore offers B.Sc, M.Tech, M.Des, M.Mgt & Ph.D programs.
Ans. The official website is iisc.ac.in.
Ans. No, the IISc does not conduct any internal entrance test. Admission is done on the basis of score in various national entrance tests as well as written/online interview.
Ans. No, only online applications are accepted by the Institute.
Ans. As per the official website, classes for the academic session 2021 are scheduled to start in August 2021.