Get here the IILET 2021 syllabus, as well as the IILET 2021 exam pattern. The syllabus and exam pattern have been announced by the Indore Institute of Law, who is conducting the Indore Institute of Law Entrance Test (IILET 2021). The exam is for admission to BA LLB, BBA LLB programs. Syllabus and scheme of exam are also in accordance to the same, styled for law aspirants with 10+2 qualification.
IILET 2021 Syllabus
Important things you should know are as follows
- Indore Institute of Law Entrance Test (IILET) 2021 is an all India level entrance test. The exam is organized for admission into the Law (integrated) programmes.
- Therefore, the IILET 2021 syllabus is designed to evaluate the set of skills of the candidates that are required for Law education.
- IILET 2021 syllabus comprises five subjects – English Language, Current Affairs with General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Techniques.
- The exam paper is divided into five sections as per the subjects. Most of the sections contain the passages on which the questions will be asked.
- The syllabus is designed to know and evaluate comprehension skills, reasoning skills, language skills, awareness skills and quantitative skills.
- The exam will be asked in the English language only. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. There will be 150 objective type questions in the written test. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark and a 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
IILET 2021 Complete Syllabus
The IILET 2021 syllabus is divided into five sections:
Section-1: English Language
Section-2: Current Affairs with General Knowledge
Section-3: Legal Reasoning
Section-4: Logical Reasoning
Section-5: Quantitative Techniques
Syllabus for the English Language
In this section, a set of passages of around 450 words will be given followed by a series of objection type questions based on the given passages.
The passage will be based on contemporary or historical significance with fiction and non-fiction writing. Candidates will easily read the section in 5-7 minutes.
Here candidates will have to demonstrate their skills in the following aspects:
- Read and comprehend the main point discussed in the passage.
- Read and comprehend any arguments and viewpoints discussed in the passage.
- Draw inferences and conclusions based on the passage.
- Summarise the passage.
- Compare and contrast the different arguments or viewpoints set out in the passage.
- Understand the meaning of various words and phrases used in the passage.
Syllabus for Current Affairs including General Knowledge
In this section, a set of passages of around 450 words will be given followed by a series of objection type questions based on the given passages and containing legal information.
The candidates will be examined in terms of knowledge discussed in the passage. The passages will be based on news or journalistic sources with non-fiction writing.
Here candidates will have to demonstrate the awareness of current affairs and general knowledge including:
- Contemporary events of significance from India and the world.
- Arts and culture.
- International affairs.
- Historical events of continuing significance.
Syllabus for Legal Reasoning
In this section, again the candidates will have to attempt the passages of 450-word strength based on the fact situation and scenarios involving the legal matters, philosophical enquiries and public policy questions.
Candidates will have to attempt the series of objection type questions based on the given passages.
Here candidates will have to demonstrate the ability to apply the general principles and propositions to the given fact scenarios including:
- Identify and infer the rules and principles set out in the passage.
- Apply such rules and principles to various fact situations.
- Understand how changes to the rules or principles may alter their application to various fact situations.
Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
In this section, the candidates will be provided small passages of 300-word strengths based on logical arguments. Candidates will have to attempt the series of objection type questions based on the given passages.
Here candidates will have to demonstrate the following skills:
- Recognize an argument, its premises and conclusions.
- Read and identify the arguments set out in the passage.
- Critically analyse patterns of reasoning.
- Assess how conclusions may depend on particular premises or evidence.
- Infer what follows from the passage and apply these inferences to new situations.
- Draw relationships and analogies.
- Identify contradictions and equivalence.
- Assess the effectiveness of arguments.
Syllabus for Quantitative Techniques
This section will include the quantitative techniques type representation based on the short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions.
Here candidates will be required to catch information from passages, graphs, or other representations, and apply mathematical operations on such information.
IILET 2021 Exam Pattern
The IILET 2021 exam pattern is given below:
- Exam Module: The exam will be compiled in Written Test, Interview and Psychometric Test.
- Mode of the Exam: The exam will be held offline as a paper-based test.
- Duration: The duration of the written test is 2 hours.
- Questions Type in Written Test: There will be 150 multiple choice type questions in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be rewarded.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- Subjects Syllabus: There are five subjects in the exam syllabus like English Language, Current Affairs including General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Techniques.
|Exam Module||Written Test, Interview, Psychometric Test|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline Paper Based Test|
|Questions Type||Objective Type|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 1 mark will be rewarded|
|Negative Marking||For each incorrect answer, a 0.25 mark will be deducted|
Current Affairs including General Knowledge
IILET 2021 Subject Area with Weightage
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Weightage %|
|English Language||28-32 questions||20%|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||35-39 questions||25%|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions||25%|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions||20%|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions||10%|
FAQs on IILET Syllabus, Exam Pattern 2021
Ans. The syllabus of the Indore Institute of Law Entrance Test (IILET) 2021 will contain the English Language, Current Affairs with General Knowledge, Legal & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative techniques.
Ans. The exam will be offline in 2 hours duration in 150 objective types questions asked in the English language. Sections in the exam are english, current affairs including general knowledge, legal reasoning, logical reasoning, quantitative techniques.
Ans. There are five subjects:
Current Affairs including General Knowledge
Ans. The objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
Ans. The above given is officially syllabus. However, you can get that from indoreinstituteoflaw.org.
Ans. The exam will be asked in the English language only.
Ans. To evaluate the candidate’s skills and awareness for getting a legal education.
Ans. There will be 150 questions in the paper.
Ans. The correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and a 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
Source of IILET 2021 syullabus: https://www.indoreinstituteoflaw.org/iilet-exam.php.