IIHM eCHAT 2022 Exam Pattern – International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) releases IIHM Common Hospitality Test eCHAT 2022 exam pattern on its official website echat.elink.in or iihm.ac.in. To clear the examination with flying colors, aspirants should have a clear idea about the IIHM eCHAT exam pattern before starting their preparation. The examination is held in online mode only, in different test centers across the nation. IIHM eCHAT Entrance Examination is conducted every year, to provide admission to students in various diploma and Bachelor programmes. The exam constitutes a CBT based test, after which candidates have to appear for GD/PI respectively. Check below to see the exam pattern, important topics, and tips and tricks to clear the examination.
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can get an overview of the IIHM eCHAT entrance exam 2022, by following the given table:
|Organising Body||International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Type of Questions||Objective type (MCQ)|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Sections||1. Language Comprehension|
2. Mathematical Skills
3. Data Analysis and Interpretation
4. Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
5. Awareness of Indian and Global Economy
|Number of Questions||50|
|Duration of Exam||60 minutes|
IIHM eCHAT 2022 Syllabus
IIHM eCHAT Entrance Exam 2022 syllabus is based on the general study areas like:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Awareness of Indian and Global Economy.
Important Topics for IIHM eCHAT 2022 Entrance Exam
There is no specified syllabus provided by the Institute for the entrance exam. However, candidates can refer to the given topics based on the sample question paper available in the Application Form and IIHM eCHAT.
Section 1- Language Comprehension
- Idioms and Phrases
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Rules of conjunctions
- Spotting errors
- Active and Passive voice
- Sentence completion
- Sequence of words
Section 2- Mathematical Skills
- Time and Work
- Speed and Distance
- HCF and LCM
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Number System
Section 3- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Pie Charts
- Bar Graphs
Section 4- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation Test
- Inter-object relation Test
- Date and Calendar Test
- Sitting arrangement test
- Decision making
- Alphabets Test
- Series Test
- Permutation and Combination Test
Section 5- Awareness of Indian and Global Economy
- General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Indian Economy and Culture
- Indian Politics
- General Science
- International Economy
- New discoveries, Nobel Prize, Books and Authors
- Bills and Amendments
Important Books for IIHM eCHAT 2022
A book can be a man’s best friend, but not every book can be useful for everyone. While preparation, one should always keep in mind that what exactly is the need, the guidance required, and if a particular book will be able to solve it. Only then, the book is called useful, otherwise it can further confuse you, create doubts, and can demotivate you. To avoid the confusion, here are some recommended books that can be useful while preparing for IIHM eCHAT 2022:
|Name of Books||Link to Buy|
|Hotel Management entrance guide by Learn||Buy Here|
|Hotel Management entrance exam guide by Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|Language comprehension Book||Buy Here|
|Language book by S.P. Bakshi and Richa Sharma||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude book by R S Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Data analysis and interpretation by Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|Current affairs by Arihant||Buy Here|
How to Prepare for IIHM eCHAT 2022?
IIHM eCHAT Entrance Exam 2022 is a gateway, for students aspiring to get admission into one of the top Hotel Management colleges of India. That’s why a good preparation and strategy can help you go a long way. Here are some tips, which can be useful while preparation of IIHM eCHAT exam 2022:
- Candidates should be well-aware with the syllabus. As, it is a general exam it includes questions from different fields like: Aptitude, Awareness, Reasoning and Language which demands different approach for each section.
- Take time to understand and recognise your strong and weak points and work on them accordingly.
- Practice Previous Year and Sample Question Papers to get an idea about the exam pattern, nature of questions asked, and the most reoccurring topics coming in exam.
- Try to clear your doubts regularly.
- Time management should be a crucial thing while preparation. It helps to increase your speed and reduces the chances of un-attempted questions.
- Make a habit of reading newspaper, this way you will be prepared for the GD/PI round as well.
About IIHM eCHAT 2022
International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) is one of the globally recognised Hotel Management colleges in India. It is also the largest Hotel Chain in India. And was awarded with the ‘Best Education Brand 2017, 2018 and 2019’. It conducts eCHAT ( Electronic Common Hospitality Aptitude Test), exam to enrol students in various diploma and UG programmes.
FAQ’s for IIHM eCHAT 2022 Exam Pattern
A. The mode of the IIHM eCHAT 2022 exam is online only.
A. No, there is no negative marking in the exam.
A. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes only.
A. The weightage of each section is equal.