IIFT Exam Pattern 2022 – NTA is the exam conducting body of IIFT 2022. It prescribes the exam pattern of IIFT entrance exam. The exam will be held on December 05, 2021, in the computer-based mode. The exam pattern of IIFT entrance exam changes every year. The information brochure of the exam specifies that the exam will be having questions from the subjects; Quantitative Analysis, Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. After qualifying the test, the candidates can take admission into MBA (IB) programme offered at New Delhi, Kakinada, and Kolkata campuses. Check more details about IIFT exam pattern 2022 from this page.
IIFT Exam Pattern 2022
Check the exam pattern of IIFT 2022 given below.
Mode of Examination: CBT (Computer Based Test), online mode
Duration: 120 minutes
Types of Question: Objective Type/MCQs
Total Number of Question: 110 (As per last year’s details)
- 1/3rd marks of total alloted marks to the question will be deducted for each wrong attempt
Note: The below-given number of questions are according to the last year’s details. Right now, the number of questions have not been announced and this year, the number of questions may vary. As of now, only the sections have been announced.
|Part||Section||Number of Question|
|2.||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||35|
|3.||Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning||30|
IIFT Syllabus 2022
Check the syllabus of IIFT 2022 given below. NTA does not prescribe the syllabus for the entrance exam. So, the topics given below are analyzed according to the previous year question papers and listed here.
|Section Number||Section Name||Important Topics|
|1.||Quantative Analysis||Trigonometry, Mensuration, Probability, Mode, Set Theory, Median, Coordinate geometry, Ratio, Permutations and combinations, Number System, Arithmetic Progression, HCF & LCM, Compound Interest etc.|
|2.||Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability||Idioms and phrases, Sentence, Para formation, reconstruction, English proficiency, Odd words out, Reading Comprehension, Phrases, Prepositions etc.|
|3.||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Syllogism, Linear & Matrix Blood Relation, Series, Data Structures, Alphabetic Series, Coding Decoding, Statement & Conclusions, Partnership|
|4.||General Awareness||National-International current affairs, Economy. Advertising, Books and authors etc.|
How to Prepare for IIFT 2022?
Given below are some of the preparation tips for IIFT 2022.
- Do not rush into answering the question due to time limit. Understand the question first correctly the move forward to answer.
- Read more and more books of any genre you like to get a better grip on the vocabulary. Reading will also help you taking your mind off studies an give some chill time to refresh your mind.
- Do not lose confidence, while solving questions from Data Interpretation section, as it is considered bit difficult than others.
- While reading the comprehensions, make notes of the important points, so that you don’t waste time in re-reading the same comprehension. The other best tip for reading comprehension section could be, read the questions first then read the comprehension so that you can find answers in your first read only.
- Keep that in mind before you start preparing for the exam that GK early as it cannot be prepared in the last days. So, start reading about the current events and news on a daily basis.
IIFT 2022 Preparation Books
Here are some best-recommended books that can candidates can refer to ace IIFT 2022.
|Books Name||Links to purchase|
|Magical Book On Quicker Maths by Tyra||Check Price Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude CAT by Survesh||Check Price Here|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency for CAT/XAT/IIFT||Check Price Here|
|A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal||Check Price Here|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Check Price Here|
Official Website: iift.nta.nic.in
FAQs On IIFT Exam Pattern 2022
Ans The mode of IIFT 2022 examination is CBT(Computer Based Test).
Ans Yes, NTA mentioned that 1/3rd marks of total alloted marks to the question will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
Ans In this situation marks will be gien to all those candidates who ahve attempted question.
Ans No there is no sectional time limit.
Ans The expected questions can be 110, as per last years.