IIFT 2021 Exam Day Guidelines – National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to conduct IIFT entrance exam 2021 on Sunday, January 24, 2021. For a smooth conduct of the exam, NTA has released exam day guidelines. The guidelines include instructions that are to be followed by candidates on the day of the exam. These include what to carry to the exam centre, what not to carry, how to appear for the exam, etc. Since the examination is being conducted amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, a special set of COVID-19 instructions has also been released. Check IIFT 2021 exam day guidelines in detail are given below.
IIFT 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Most Important: Remember to download your IIFT admit card 2021 and take it to the exam. Click here to download it.
IIFT 2021 Exam Timings
First thing to know is the schedule for the exam. It is very important that the candidates when to reach the exam hall, when the exam starts, etc. The detailed exam schedule of IIFT 2021 is as given below.
- Exam timing – 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM (Without break)
|Entry into the exam centre starts at||1.00 PM to 2.30 PM|
|Last entry allowed inside the exam centre||2.30 PM|
|Taking the allotted seats||2.45 PM|
|Instructions by the invigilators||2.45 PM to 2.50 PM|
|Instructions can be read from||2.50 PM onwards|
|Test starts at||3.00 PM|
|Test ends at||5.00 PM|
What Can You Carry Inside The Exam Hall?
Following items are allowed inside IIFT 2021 exam centre.
- Printed copy of admit card
- Declaration / Undertaking
- One passport size photograph that has to be pasted on the attendance sheet (must be same as uploaded during online application process)
- Any one authorized Govt. id proof (Original, valid and non-expired)
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Transparent water bottle
- A small bottle of hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Face masks
- Sugar Tables / Fruits like banana, apple, orange (only for diabetic candidates)
Acceptable id proofs: Passport / PAN Card / Driving License / Voter id / Aadhar card (with photograph) / Ration card / Aadhar card (Enrolment number).
Also – Packed foods like chocolates / candy / sandwich etc. are not allowed.
What Not to Carry Inside Exam Centre?
The candidates must not bring the following items inside IIFT 2021 exam centre.
- Any stationery items like textual materials (printed or written), calculator, bits of papers, geometry / pencil box, plastic pouch, writing pad, pen drives, eraser, log table, electronic pen / scanner, docu pen, slide rules etc.
- Any communication device like mobile phone, microphone, earphone, electronic watches with the facilities of calculator, bluetooth devices, pager, health band or any other electronic gadget or device etc.
- Other items like handbags, goggles, wallets, belt, cap etc.
- Any watch / wristwatch, bracelet, camera etc.
- Any ornaments or a metallic item.
- Any other item that can be used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices like microchip, camera, bluetooth devices etc.
Other important information
- Smoking, chewing gutka, spitting etc is strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks, snacks or eatable things are not allowed inside the examination hall.
Exam Day Guidelines for IIFT 2021
The candidates are required to follow the instructions given below on the day of the examination.
Leaving the seat: Without the special permission of the invigilator concerned or the Centre Superintendent, no candidates can leave the seat until the full duration of the exam is over.
Possession of barred items: If the candidates have any of the barred items during the examination or inside the exam centre, this will be considered as unfair means and action shall be taken against such candidates. The candidature of such candidates will be cancelled and they will be debarred from future examinations.
Candidates who have Kara or Kirpan: The candidates who carry the barred items like Kara and Kirpan etc must report at their respective examination centres 1.5 hour before the gate closing time so that the timely frisking is done. Once the frisking is done, candidates shall be allowed to take the item inside.
Note: If at the time of the screening of the exam centre, it is found that the candidate is actually carrying a suspect device within Kara or Kirpan, they may be asked to not to take the same in the examination hall.
Reporting Time and Other Important Instructions
Reporting time: The candidates are required to report at the exact time as mentioned in IIFT 2021 admit card. The exam centre gate shall be closed 30 minutes before the starting of the examination, so manage the time accordingly.
Reporting time: The candidates are not allowed to enter in the examination centre after 2.30 PM.
Taking the seat: As soon as the examination hall is opened, the candidates are required to take their seats immediately. The roll numbers will be mentioned on each seat and candidates must take their seats according to their respective roll numbers only.
If any candidate is found to be in another room or seat, then his / her candidature will be cancelled and no plea shall be accepted for it.
Show co-operation at the exam centre: On-demand, the candidates must show their admit card in the examination room. The test centre staff remains on duty and is authorized to verify the identity of the candidates, so it is advised to co-operate with them.
Contact the invigilator in case of emergency: The candidates may approach the invigilator or centre superintendent in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other query during the examination (if required).
Rough Sheet: All calculation or rough work has to be done only in the rough sheets provided at the exam centre. The candidates are required to mention their roll number and name on all the rough sheets used by them.
Special COVID-19 Instructions for IIFT 2021
In the current scenario of COVID-19, NTA is going to implement social distancing measures as per Govt. of India guidelines to ensure the health and safety of the candidates and simultaneously conducting the exam.
Check the instructions given below.
Preparation at the Centre
- Safety precautions will be taken at the exam centre in order to maintain the required standard of hygiene. So, before the exam starts the seating area will be properly sanitized. The sanitization of exam rooms, desk, chair etc will be thoroughly done, in advance. All door handles, lift buttons, hand railing etc will also be disinfected.
- As per GOI guidelines, a gap between 2 seats shall be maintained at the exam lab.
- Hand sanitizer shall be available at the entry and inside the exam venue.
- The temperature of the candidates will be checked using Thermo Guns.
- Bar code on the admit card will be checked by bar code readers. After scanning the bar code number, the room number / hall number will be indicated to the candidates.
- 5 rough sheets shall be kept at all desks by all the invigilators.
- All the exam functionaries will wear masks and gloves at all times.
- To avoid any crowding at the exam centre at the time of entry and to maintain the social distancing, the candidates are advised to report to the exam centre on time as mentioned on their admit card.
- The candidates must fill admit card and undertaking properly.
- Although before the starting of the test, the seating area will be properly sanitized which includes the mouse, monitor keyboard, webcam, desk and chair but the candidates can still sanitize again as per their convenience.
Instructions to be Followed at the time of the entry
- The candidates need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other all the times. Queue manager / ropes and floor marks shall be arranged outside the centre.
- Room number shall be displayed outside the centre in order to avoid any crowding at one place.
- The candidates are required to sanitize hand by washing with soap and with hand sanitizer before entry in the centre. Hand sanitizer shall be available at various locations of the exam centre.
- No prohibited items must be brought to the exam centre as no arrangement for safekeeping will be arranged.
- Thermal scanning will be done at the entry and if the temperature is higher above than the COVID-19 norms, then the candidates shall be required to give the exam from a separate room.
- At the time of the entry, contact-free frisking shall be carried out using hand-held metal detectors.
- At the registration desk, verification of documents including admit card will be done. Standing across the table, the candidates have to display documents like admit card with the undertaking, passport size photograph and thumb impression affixed thereon, valid id proof, one additional photograph.
- The candidates will be offered a mask before entry. To avoid any kind of UFM at the test centre, the candidates are required to wear these fresh masks.
- The invigilator on the registration desk shall check the admit card, id proof etc of the candidates and will direct them to exam room in batches of 5 each in order to maintain distance.
Note: The candidates may be denied permission to appear in the examination if they violate any COVID-19 advisories applicable on the day of the examination.
- During the examination, the candidates are required to paste a passport size photograph and sign on the attendance sheet after sanitizing their hands.
- The candidates are required to move out in an orderly manner by maintaining the social distancing when the examination is over.
- Until the invigilator gives clear instruction to exit from the exam room, the candidates must sit at the allotted place only.
- Drop the admit card and the rough sheet in the drop boxes after displaying them to the staff available. If the candidates miss to drop these things, actions will be taken against them. This also includes disqualification from the exam.
What Activities will be Treated as Unfair Means?
Following activities shall be considered as Unfair Means at the time of examination if candidates are:
|Creating obstacles in smooth and fair conduct of exam||Forcing entry / exit in / from the exam hall|
|Affixing morphed photographs in the admit card||Fabricating the documents like admit card|
|Threatening any officials connected with the exam or threatening any fellow candidates||Having any prohibited items|
|Assisting other candidates in malpractices, giving or receiving assistance directly or indirectly||Contacting or communicating or trying to do with any persons other than the exam staff|
|Creating any disturbance in the exam hall||Using or attempting to use any other undesirable method or means in connection with the exam|
About IIFT 2021 Entrance Exam
IIFT-MBA (IB) is an entrance examination conducted by NTA. It is a computer-based test.
- IIFT will be conducted in the English medium
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- The test is objective type and comprises of multiple-choice questions
- In the test, the questions are asked from Quantitative Analysis, General Awareness, Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Ability
- The candidates who get shortlisted after qualifying CBT have to then for Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview.