IIAD Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022 – Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD), conducts IIAD entrance exam to enroll students in various undergraduate and postgraduate design programs offered by the institute. The IIAD exam pattern is made available on the official website i.e. iiad.edu.in. If one is preparing for any entrance exam, the key to crack it, is the IIAD syllabus. A syllabus gives you an idea about exam pattern, the structure of the exam, and the topics covered. So, one should be well aware with the same, as it can give you the required kickstart to begin your exam preparation. However, IIAD does not specify any particular entrance exam syllabus.
IIAD Entrance Exam Syllabus 2022
IIAD Entrance Exam 2022 is designed such as, that the creative skills, drawing skills, visual skills, imagination, presentation, design, logical decision-making skills, and writing skills of the candidates can be tested.
- The exam paper of IIAD is divided into 02 sections.
- Section A is for Logical Reasoning.
- Section B is for Creative Thinking and Problem Solving.
- Each section has different number of questions.
- The weightage of every question is also different.
|Section A||Logical Reasoning||100||50%|
|Section B||Creative Thinking and Problem Solving||100||50%|
Important Topics Mentioned in IIAD Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
As IIAD does not specify any particular syllabus for the IIAD entrance exam 2022. Candidates can refer to the following given topics to prepare for the exam, as per the sample papers present on the official website.
|Logical Reasoning||1. Logical sequences of numbers, shapes, figures and letters|
2. Inter-object relation test
3. Find odd one out
4. Blood relation test
5. Identifying geometrical shapes and patterns
6. Complete the sequence
7. Identifying the Cubes and its patterns
8. General awareness
|Creative Thinking and Problem Solving||1. Pictures and shapes construction|
2. Creative designing
3. Imaginative story creation
4. Essay writing
5. Incomplete figure tasks
6. Description of a scene
7. Narrating a story, based on a picture
8. Drawing based on memory
9. General Awareness
IIAD Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern is an important aspect of any entrance exam. As, it gives you a clear idea about the type of questions, nature of questions, topics covered and most importantly the weightage and the basic idea of the whole exam. Candidates can refer to the following exam pattern of IIAD 2022.
|Name of Exam||IIAD Entrance Exam|
|Exam Level||National-Level Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Art and Design|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline Mode|
|Type of Questions||1. Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)|
2. Drawing and Sketching
3. Descriptive answer Questions
|Sections||1. Logical Reasoning|
2. Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
|Marks per Section||100|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Medium of Exam||English|
The students opting for the offline exam mode, have to appear in the Delhi campus to give the exam.
For Undergraduate Programes: The exam will be conducted in two parts:
- Part 1- IIAD Entrance Exam.
- Part 2- Studio Simulation Round.
In Studio Simulation Round, the session will be conducted in small groups, in a design studio experience. The candidates are expected to give a demonstration of their creative thinking, teamwork and problem solving abilities. The session also test one’s design aptitude, innovative ideas and information processing abilities. The session will be conducted for a duration of 2 hours.
For Postgraduate Programmes: The exam will be in two parts as well.
The exam will be in two parts as well.
- Part 1- IIAD Entrance Exam.
- Part 2- Personal Interview.
After the IIAD Entrance Exam, the candidates will have to appear for the Personal Interview Round. In this round, the candidates are expected to show a portfolio of their work including: painting, sketching, drawing, design, digital design, graphic design and photography skills. There is no hard and fast rule about any of the assignments. But, the portfolio must show one’s visual skills, and presentation skills. It should also reflect one’s ideas, thoughts, interests and professional attitude.
How to Prepare for IIAD Entrance Exam 2022?
To get into such a prestigious institution, the preparation should also be top-notch, and for that right steps are extremely important to follow. The entrance exam is followed by a simulation round for undergraduate candidates. And a personal interview round is there for post-graduate candidates. So, one must be thoroughly prepared for the exam. Some steps are mentioned below, which can be followed during preparation.
- Practice mock tests and previous year question papers(PYQs) abundantly, to understand the exam pattern and the exact need of the entrance exam.
- Solve study material in depth, to build concepts, clearing doubts, to develop interest and to understand time management.
- Practice visual skills: like Venn diagrams, charts and tables.
- Be consistent with drawing, colouring and sketching to improve the respective skills.
- Start practicing essay writing and story narration.
- Indulge in activities related to creativity and designing.
- Start thinking of new ways of drawing, designing and presentation. Get out of your comfort zone, and start exploring different mediums, types and styles.
Planning to appear for IIAD 2022 entrance exam? Click here to apply.
Important Books for IIAD 2022
Books are extremely crucial for any exam preparation. And a good book can amp up one’s preparation by several notches. That’s why finding a good book is always important. Following are some books that can be useful during IIAD entrance exam 2022.
|Logical Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|How to Crack Test of Reasoning by Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Creative Confidence by Tom Keller||Buy Here|
|Reasoning Tests by Richard McMunn||Buy Here|
|Quantitative aptitude by R. S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
FAQ’s for IIAD 2022 Syllabus
A. The maximum marks, one can score is 200.
A. The mode of the exam is both offline and online.
A. The medium of the exam is English.
A. No, there is no negative marking in the exam.