IHM Aurangabad Exam Pattern 2022 – Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) conducts the entrance examination which includes an online profiling test, an SOP, followed by GD and PI. Candidates can check the information for the same on the institute’s official website, ihmaurangabad.ac.in The profiling test is held in online mode only, right after the fee payment of the application form. Students are also required to write a 1500 word SOP before the personal interview round. IHM Aurangabad Entrance Examination is conducted every year, to provide admission to students in 6 months e-certificate courses in hotel management. Scroll below to see the exam pattern, preparation tips, important books and more.
IHM Aurangabad Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates can check the table given below for an overview of the IHM Aurangabad entrance exam 2022:
|Name of the Exam||IHM Aurangabad Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Hotel Management|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Number of Stages||4|
|Stages||1. Online Profiling Test |
2. Statement of Purpose
3. Group Discussion
4. Personal Interview
IHM Aurangabad Syllabus 2022
There is no specified syllabus provided by the Institute for the entrance exam. However, candidates can refer to the table given below for the 4 stages of the examination along with their weightage. Candidates will be selected based on a collective assessment of the following-
|Online Profiling Test (OPT)||20%|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP)||10%|
|Group Discussion (GD)||20%|
|Personal Interview (PI)||50%|
IHM Aurangabad Entrance Exam
The assessment of the candidates is done in a combined form of the following:
Online Profiling Test
In order to access the profiling test, candidates must make an online, non-refundable payment of Rs. 1,500/- after filling the application form.
The candidate’s electronic profiling assessment will be sent only to their registered email address. They will be required to click the test link, finish it and review their assessment report.
- Candidates are required to carry a hard copy of their assessment report for verification to the Group Discussion.
- The GD is held in-person to facilitate a discussion that will help you make an informed decision about a career in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts based on your skills and abilities. This is a step-by-step procedure for ensuring that your skills and goals are a good match.
Statement of Purpose
- Candidates must prepare a 1500-word Statement of Purpose articulating how this education at IHM-A will help them shape their future by developing a bright personality that will flourish in the hospitality industry.
- After writing the SOP, candidates will then be called for a personal interview.
- The online profiling test will be followed by a personal interview. The panel will evaluate a candidate on the basis of their Communication Skills, Analytical Skills, General Awareness, Service Orientation, and Personality Factors.
- During the interview, candidates are advised to adhere to the dress code prescribed by the authorities. Formal wear like a sari or business suit, formal outfits or a full-sleeved shirt and formal shoes for women and blazer, formal pants, a full-sleeved shirt, a necktie, and formal shoes for men
Important Books for IHM Aurangabad 2022
Books help you expand your knowledge and gain a better comprehension of concepts and ideas. They also provide a large number of problems on a specific topic, allowing you to prepare for your test. Following are some books recommended by experts for hotel management exam prep.
|Hotel Management entrance guide |
|Hotel Management entrance exam guide |
by Arihant Experts
|Descriptive English |
by S.P. Bakshi and Richa Sharma
|Current Affairs |
by Arihant Experts
How to Prepare for IHM Aurangabad 2022?
IHM Aurangabad Entrance Exam 2022 is a stepping stone for candidates wishing to enrol in one of India’s top Hotel Management institutes. This is why careful planning and strategy is crucial. Here are some pointers to consider while you prepare for the IHM-A entrance examination 2022:
- In order to ace the the GD and PI rounds, candidates must aquaint themselves with all the current events and general knowledge related to social issues, national politics, economic trends, demographic trends, country growth/decline, international issues, etc.
- The PI round for hotel management is very crucial as it holds 50% weightage in the entrance test. Ergo, maintain a pleasant and upbeat attitude, and be assertive in your speech. This has a significant influence on making a positive impression on the interviewer.
- In a group discussion, your answers must be sensible. Regardless of the matter, they should have a neutral and rational tone. Voice and tone, concise delivery of ideas, immaculate dressing, the method of addressing the group, the choice of words, body language, and other factors all play a role in how well you present throughout the GD/PI round.
About IHM Entrance Exam
IHM Aurangabad employs a unique technique to choose individuals for admission to their courses. The 5-stage comprehensive examination is to bring out the best in young applicants. A psychometric evaluation questionnaire follows an internet application. This report reveals 25 personality traits as well as suggestions for development. Applicants prepare for a group discussion followed by a personal interview with faculty members by writing a statement of intent.
FAQs about IHM Aurangabad Exam Pattern
Ans. The IHM Aurangabad Entrance exam comprises an Online Profiling Test, SOP, group discussion and interview round.
Ans. The interview round comprises half the weightage of the entrance test.
Ans. One must have excellent proficiency in the English language and be up to date with all the current events of the world.
Ans. The Institute offers 6 months of work from home, e-certificate courses in the hotel management field.