|Details - IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021,Application Form, Correction, Admit Card, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 – Admit card is out now at ignounursing.samarth.edu.in. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is conducting OPENNET IX on 11 April 2021. Candidates could apply for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing till March 25, 2021. Application correction window has also been closed now. This is the nursing entrance exam held for admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course. The test is held for the in-service diploma holder nurses. The exam is a pen-paper based test. The duration of the course is 3 years. The candidates who qualify the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 entrance test are then required to take part in the counselling held region-wise. Check more details about IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 from this page such as application process, eligibility criteria, entrance test etc.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021
LATEST: IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 admit card is out. Check here.
LATEST: IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 application form correction is available on March 24, and 25, 2021. Do corrections here
Overview of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Entrance Exam
Check the overview of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 entrance exam given below.
|Popularly Known As||OPENNET|
|Exam is held for admission into||Post Basic B.Sc Nursing|
|Duration of the programmme||3 years|
|Mode of the exam||Offline (Pen-Paper based test)|
|Medium of instruction of the exam||English|
|Total no. of questions||120|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Important Dates
Admission in Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is done region-wise strictly on the basis of the merit in the entrance test from the list of the eligible candidates in each category after document verification. Check the important dates for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 from the table given below.
|IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021||Dates|
|Availability of the application form||Released|
|Last date to submit the form||25 Mar 2021|
|Application correction window opens on||24 – 25 Mar 2021|
|Availability of the hall ticket||06 Apr 2021|
|Exam date||11 Apr 2021|
|Declaration of the result||Apr 2021|
|Commencement of counselling||Apr / May 2021|
Some Important Points for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021
Check the important points for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021.
- Experience shall be calculated only from the date of registration of RNRM. IF RM certificate is obtained after RN certificate, the experience will be counted only from the date of registration as RM.
- In case of male candidates, the experience will be counted after RN. The candidates must have completed INC-approved course in place of midwifery before submitting the online application form.
- The ranking in the entrance test is based on merit, experience, GNM marks, date of birth and caste category.
- The experience before RNRM registration shall not be considered for admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
- If any candidate fails to produce the original documents at the time of counselling, the admission will be cancelled without any further clarification.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 application form at ignou.ac.in. The application process is completely online. Check the application process given below.
- Register: Click on the link of the form given above and then, click on the ‘New registration’ button. Next, enter the details like username, name, email id, password, mobile number and click on the register button.
- Login: After the registration, login with the registered username and password and fill the application form. Enter the personal details, programme details, educational qualification, address details etc.
- Upload the images: Next, upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Preview the application form: Then, check all the details already entered in the form.
- Pay the application fee: Lastly, pay the application fee.
|Per theory course||Rs 150|
|Per practical course||Rs 150|
Mode of payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
Eligibility Criteria for OPENNET IX 2021
According to the official notification, candidates willing to pursue Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course from IGNOU must have fulfilled all the eligibility conditions given below.
Age Limit: There is no age limit
- All the in-service nurses, Registered nurse and Registered mid-wife (RNRM) must have qualified 10+2. They must have completed 3 year of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM). Also, a minimum of 2 years of experience in the profession after RNRM is required.
- In-service nurses who have completed their 10+2 or its equivalent with 3 years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum 5 years of experience in profession after RNRM are also eligible.
Note: In case of male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme must have a certificate in any one of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in place of midwifery.
Who can not apply? The candidates with less than 2 years of experience after RNRM cannot apply.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Entrance Test Syllabus and Pattern
The exam is held in the offline mode. Check other details of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 exam pattern given below.
- IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing syllabus: It is based on the various subjects taught in GNM.
- Duration: The duration of the test is 2.5 hours
- Type of questions: The test has multiple-choice questions
- No. of questions: There are 120 questions in the test
- Questions asked from: The questions in the test are asked from various subjects taught in GNM
- Marking Scheme: Each question is of 01 mark
Suggested Books for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Preparation
Check the books given below to prepare for OPENNET 2021.
|Nursing P.B.B.SC solved question paper||Check Price|
|Competitive Handbook of Nursing||Check Price|
|Competitive Handbook of Nursing-VOL 1 (English||Check Price|
|Nursing Foundation For Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing||Check Price|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Hall Ticket
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing hall ticket is issued to all those candidates who have met all the eligibility conditions, submitted the application form and are currently working.
- The hall ticket is usually released 10 days before the exam date.
- To download IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 hall ticket, enter the registered username and password.
- The candidates are required to appear at the exam centre along with the printed copy of the IGNOU PBB.Sc Nursing admit card and their i-card.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Result
The result of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing entrance test 2021 can be checked from ignou.ac.in. To check the IGNOU PBB.Sc Nursing result, the candidates are required to enter their enrolment number.
Region-wise merit list for admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in OPENNET-IX and is displayed on the official website after the declaration of the results.
If two or more candidates obtain the same marks in the entrance test, the following tie-breaking criteria shall be followed.
- Length of relevant experience
- Overall percentage of marks secured in GNM examination
- Date of birth
- Draw of lot
Seats Intake for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course
|Particulars||No. of seats|
The candidates who qualify OPENNET 2021 are then required to part in the counselling. The counselling is held region-wise. The admission is confirmed only after the verification of the original certificates during the counselling and receipt of fee.
- The candidates from any region / state can opt PSCs for the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing programme as per their choice.
- The candidates are required to submit the self-attested copy of documents at the time of counselling.
- The original documents are also verified during counselling at a later stage at the concerned regional centre.
- If in case the seats remain vacant after 1st round of counselling, another counselling round may be held.
Documents to be submitted at the time of counselling:
- Original admit card of the entrance test
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Valid RNRM registration certificate
- Experience certificates
- GNM marksheet (including mark sheets of all years)
- Certificate from the organization where you are currently working
- Category certificate for SC / ST / OBC – NCL / PH / War Widow / Kashmiri migrant etc
- Income certificate in case of OBC-NCL
- 2 passport size photograph
- Demand draft
About Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course at IGNOU
On the request of Indian Nursing Council, IGNOU started offereing Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course. The course was aimed to provide higher education to working nurses. The higher education toworking nurses was slow due to the shortage of Colleges of Nursing.
Objectives of the programme:
- To provide opportunity to in-service nurses to upgrade their knowledge and skills so as to respond to the changing health needs of the society
- To develop teaching, research and administration skills
- To motivate nurses to maintain clinical competence to provide quality care
- To promote persoal and professional growth for better opportunities
Duration: The duration of the programme is 3 year (maximum 5 years).
The course has 2 major components; practical and theory. It is divided into 22 courses, 11 theory and 11 practical.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course Fee
Check the fee structure of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course.
|Programme Fee||Rs 20,000 (per annum)|
- The programme fee has to be paid separately and not with the application form. A separate notification will be released for the submission of fee at the time of counselling.
- The fee has to be paid via demand draft drawn in favour of IGNOU.
- On the back of DD, mention your name, address and contact number.
List of Programme Study Centers
Check the list of the programme study centers given below.
|Govt. College of Nursing, King George Hospital Campus||30|
|St. Anne College of Nursing||30|
|KIMS College of Nursing||20|
|Regional College of Nursing||30|
|RAK College of Nursing||30|
|Abhilya Bai College of Nursing||25|
|LD Arts College||30|
|Bibi Halima College of Nursing & Medical Technology||20|
|KLES Institute of Nursing Sciences||30|
|Govt. College of Nursing, VI Phase, Rathynagar Rajajinagar, Bangalore||30|
|Narayana Hrudayala College of Nursing||30|
|Institute of Nursing Education||30|
|Temi Grant Institute of Nursing Education||30|
|RIPAN, College of Nursing||15|
|Christian Medical College & Hospital||30|
|Govt. College of Nursing, JLN Marga, Jaipur||30|
|College of Nursing, Kanpur||30|
|College of Nursing, SSKM, Kolkata||30|
|Shova Rani Nursing College||30|
|College of Nursing, Sri Ramakrishna Inst. of Paramedical Science||30|
|MA Chidambaram, Chennai||30|
|Sri Adiparashakti CON, Kanchipuram||30|
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a central university situated in New Delhi. This university was established with the aim of providing distance and open education. The university was established in the year 1985.
IGNOU has 21 schools and a network of 67 regional centres. The degree / diploma / certificates of IGNOU are recognised by all the member of institutions of AIU.
|Notification of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021||Click here to download|
|IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 Brochure||Click here to download|
Official Website: ignou.ac.in
FAQs on IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to appear in OPENNET so as to take admission in Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course.
Ans. IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 entrance exam is a pen-paper based test conducted for admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing degree programme for in-service diploma holder nurses.
Ans. The exam is held as a pen-paper based test.
Ans. In-service Nurses (RNRM) who have completed 10+2 with 3 years Diploma in GNM and have minimum 2 years of experience in the profession after RNRM (registered nurse and registered midwife) can apply. Those in-service nurses (RNRM) who have passed class 10th or its equivalent with 3 years Diploma in GNM and have minimum 5 years of experience in the profession after RNRM can also apply.
Ans. The questions are asked from the subjects taught in OPENNET.
Ans. IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2021 entrance exam will be held on 11 April 2021.
Ans. The duration of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is 3 years.
Ans. The selection is strictly done on the basis of the merit in entrance test.