Know here IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021 from this page. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination for admission into 2 year B.Ed programme. The entrance test is conducted once a year in the online mode. It is crucial for all the candidates to be aware of the IGNOU B.Ed syllabus in order to start the preparation for the exam. By knowing the syllabus, candidates get to know the topics and subjects from which questions are framed in the exam. . Check the topic wise IGNOU B.Ed 2021 syllabus given below.
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021
Note: NTA does not prescribe the detailed syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed. So, the syllabus given below is according to the analysis of the previous year question papers, as done by the subject experts.
In other words, the topics provided here are specified according to the repeated questions that have come in IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination in the previous years.
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021 for General English Comprehension
In this section, the questions are framed from the following topics:
- Basic grammar
- Reading comprehension
- Idioms & Phrases
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021 for Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Coding – Decoding
- Number Series
- Blood relation
- Logical reasoning (Syllogism, question-based on the statement)
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021 for General Awareness
The questions in this section are framed according to the following subjects:
- Social science, Current affairs
- Political science
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021 for Teaching Aptitude
- Aptitude & Development of Student
- Responsibility towards Societies
- Development of Teacher Education India
- Teaching Ability
- Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities
- Fundamentals & Principle of Education
- Child-Centered & Progressive Education
- Inclusive Education
- Learning & Pedagogy
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus 2021 for Subject Awareness
- Science – Here, the questions are framed from Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects.
- Mathematics – Questions will be asked from the topics like Arithmetics, Number system, Algebra, Trigonometry, simplification, Geometry etc.
- Social Studies – In this subject, the questions are usually framed from subjects and topics like History, Social science, Geography, Political science, Current affairs etc.
- English, Hindi – Here, the questions are framed from topics like Grammar, Reading Ability, Word Usage.
IGNOU B.Ed Exam Pattern 2021
Apart from knowing the syllabus, the kick start to every candidate’s preparation is by getting familiar with the exam pattern. Check IGNOU B.Ed exam pattern given below.
- The exam is held in the online mode. It is a computer-based test
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- The test comprises of the multiple-choice questions
- Maximum marks of the exam are 100
- The question paper of IGNOU B.Ed is available in English and Hindi languages
- Each question is of 01 mark
- There is no negative marking in case of incorrect answers
Exam pattern given below as per last year’s information
Distribution of questions
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Subject Competence (As per chosen subject)||20||20|
Important Books for IGNOU B.Ed 2021
The candidates appearing for IGNOU B.Ed must have the best study material in order to score good marks. Given below are some of the books that can be referred for the preparation of IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination.
|IGNOU B ED Entrance Exam With Solved Paper 2020||Buy Here|
|15 Practice Sets IGNOU B.ED Entrance Exam 2020||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B .Ed. Parvesh Pariksha 2020 (Hindi)||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test: Previous Years Papers (Solved) (Hindi)||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for IGNOU B.Ed 2021
Check the preparation tips for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 given below.
- First of all, check all the topics given in the syllabus and then start your preparation.
- Next, make a time table. Some topics take more time to prepare and some take less, so prioritize the topics accordingly and give a deadline to complete them. After doing this, divide the rest of the topics properly.
- Keep reading the newspapers on a daily basis. BY reading the newspapers, you will get to know what is the latest happening in the world.
- Try to solve 2-3 comprehension passages daily. Also, learn the grammar rules and solve the questions on them. Try to find the meaning of the new words that you come across while preparing.
- Try not to cram the important points. Rather, understand the concepts. A proper understanding of the concepts will help at the time of examination.
- Refer good books for the preparation. Try not to refer too many books.
- Practice previous year question papers once the whole syllabus is over. By solving the previous year question papers, you will get to know the questions that have been coming over the years. Also, you will get to know about the pattern of questions and marking scheme.