IGNOU B.Ed 2021 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct IGNOU B.Ed entrance test 2021 for admission into the 2-year B.Ed program. The candidates who have completed their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can apply. IGNOU B.Ed 2021 is a computer-based test. The test is held at an all India Level. It is a 2 hour test of total 100 marks. The admission is solely done according to the marks obtained in the entrance test but for the final admission, the candidate’s rank and eligibility are also considered. Check more information about IGNOU B.Ed 2021 such as exam pattern, application process, syllabus, eligibility etc from this page.
Last year, the official website for IGNOU B.Ed was ntaignou.nic.in. It is not working currently. It has been observed that this year, NTA is changing the official website for all the exam. Hence, it is expected that official website for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 will be ignou.nta.nic.in.
Do note that this is just the expected website. We will only get to know the actual website when NTA activates it.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021
After the enrollment into course, the candidates have to undergo an internship as well. The internship is the compulsory component of the B.Ed programme. Also, note that only appearing in the entrance test does not amount to acceptance of the candidate’s eligibility. The candidates have to show proof of fulfillment of eligibility at the time of admission. Check the important dates regarding IGNOU B.Ed 2021 given below.
|IGNOU B.Ed 2021||Dates|
|Commencement of online registration||Jan 2021|
|Last date to register for IGNOU B.Ed||Feb 2021|
|Correction window for editing in the Application form||Feb 2021|
|Issuance of admit cards||to be announced|
|Exam date||Apr 2021|
|Release of answer key||to be announced|
|Result / Merit List||to be announced|
|Commencement of counselling||to be announced|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Date
It is expected that IGNOU B.Ed 2021 will take place in the month of April 2021. Last year, the exam was not held due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, NTA planned to conduct the exam on 29 April. In 2019, NTA conducted the exam on 27 July.
Now it is expected that the exam will be held in the month of April 2021.
|2020||29 Apr 2020 (Date was out but exam did not take place)|
|2019||27 Jul 2019|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Syllabus
The candidates can check the syllabus of IGNOU B.Ed 2021 given below.
General English Comprehension
- Basic grammar
- Idioms & Phrases
- Reading comprehension
Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Number Series
- Logical reasoning (Syllogism, question-based on the statement)
- Coding – Decoding
- Blood relation
- Political science
- Social science
- Current affairs
- Aptitude & Development of Student
- Inclusive Education
- Teaching Ability
- Fundamentals & Principle of Education
- Development of Teacher Education India
- Responsibility towards Societies
- Child-Centered & Progressive Education
- Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities
- Learning & Pedagogy
- Science – In this science subject question comes from Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Social Studies – In these subjects, History, Geography, Social science, Current affairs, Political science and topics.
- English, Hindi – Reading Ability, Grammar Word Usage.
- Mathematics – Questions will be asked from Number system, Arithmetics, Trigonometry, Algebra, simplification, Geometry etc.
Books Recommended to Prepare for IGNOU B.Ed 2021
Check the books given below to prepare for IGNOU B.Ed 2021.
|IGNOU B .Ed. Parvesh Pariksha 2020 (Hindi)||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B ED Entrance Exam With Solved Paper 2020||Buy Here|
|15 Practice Sets IGNOU B.ED Entrance Exam 2020||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test: Previous Years Papers (Solved) (Hindi)||Buy Here|
|IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam||Buy Here|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for IGNOU B.Ed 2021.
Exam pattern given below is according to last year’s details
- Mode of examination: IGNOU B.Ed is a computer-based test
- Duration of the exam: The candidates are given 2 hours to complete the test
- Language of Question Paper: The question paper is available in English and Hindi languages only
- Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
- Maximum marks: The test is of total 100 marks
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking in case of incorrect answers
|Part||Subject||No. of questions|
|Part A||General English Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Part B||Subject Awareness (As per chosen subject: Science, Mathematics, Social Science, English,Hindi)||20|
Preparation Tips for IGNOU B.Ed 2021
Check the preparation tips for IGNOU B.Ed 2021.
- To prepare for the exam, analyze the syllabus properly. To clear the exam, the candidates must know the important topics from which questions are framed.
- Make a proper study plan where each important topic is given a proper time slot. Decide the time slots according to your understanding of concepts in each subject.
- Solve the previous year question papers as many as you can. By doing so, you will get to know the type of questions, marking scheme, the difficulty level of questions of the last few years.
- Make short notes while preparing for the exam. You can write the important events happening around the world, important formulas, noteworthy points of a chapter etc in these notes.
- Get in the habit of reading newspapers.
- Build your vocabulary by reading new words, synonyms, antonyms etc.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill IGNOU B.Ed application form only through the online mode. It must be kept in mind that a candidate can only fill a single application form. The submission of multiple applications shall lead to the rejection of candidature. Check the application process given below.
Step 1: Register: Visit the official website and click on ‘Apply Online’ button. Then, enter the personal details and contact details like name, email id, contact number, full address, state, pin code etc and password.
Step 2: Fill the application form: Once the registration is done, complete the application form. Enter the remaining personal details and educational details. Also, select the exam centres.
Step 3: Upload the images: After submitting the details, upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. Make sure that these images are in the proper format.
Step 4: Pay the application fee: Then, pay the examination fee. Keep the proof of fee paid safely.
Step 5: Download the confirmation page: Then, at last download the confirmation page and take at least 4 printouts for future references.
Application Fee: The candidates have to pay Rs 600 as the entrance fee (Amount given here is according to last year’s details)
Mode of Payment: The candidates have can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for the IGNOU B.Ed 2021 entrance exam, the candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria mentioned by NTA.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanity / Commerce with minimum 50% marks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
Following students are eligible for B.Ed (ODL)
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education
- The candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode
Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates: 5% of the relaxation to these candidates in the minimum eligibility according to the rules of Central Govt.
Reservation is given to Kashmiri candidates and War Widow candidates according to the rules of the University.
A Master’s degree awarded without a first degree is not acceptable for the purpose of Academic studies in IGNOU.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can download their IGNOU B.Ed 2021 admit card from ntaignou.nic.in. It is an important document that has to be carried to the exam centre.
- Enter the registration number and password in the login window to download the admit card.
- IGNOU B.Ed admit card is not sent via post.
- The admit card consists of the details like exam date, timings, address of the exam centre, subject group, gender, date of birth, category etc.
- The admit card is issued only to those candidates whose applications are submitted successfully. No admit cards are issued to those candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Keep in mind that the duplicate admit card is not issued to the candidates in any case.
- The candidates must not change in entry in the admit card or mutilate it.
- The candidates are required to preserve their admit card in a proper condition until the end of the admission process.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Centres
The candidates are required to choose their exam centres for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 while filling the application form. 4 choices of the exam centres have to be submitted. The exact address of the exam centre is mentioned in the admit card. Also, note that exam centre once opted cannot be changed at a later stage.
|Exam Centre for IGNOU B.Ed 2021||Exam Centre for IGNOU B.Ed 2021|
|Jeypore/ Jaipur||Mumbai/Navi Mumbai|
|Sambalpur||Naharlagun / Itanagar|
|Vadodara||Noida / Gr Noida|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Answer Key
Once the examination is over, NTA uploads the answer key, question paper and response sheet for IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam. The answer key is uploaded online at ntaignou.nic.in.It is released at the candidate’s login. The candidates can use the answer key and question paper together in order to calculate the scores.
In case of candidates are not satisfied with the answer key, they can challenge the answer key on the official website. Candidates are required to pay the processing fee for each question that has to be challenged. The sum of the amount is refundable on the condition that the challenge should be correct.
Processing Fee: The candidates have to pay Rs 1000 (for each question that has to be challenged)
The amount given below is of last to last year’ details
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Result
NTA announces the result for IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination at ntaignou.nic.in. The candidates can check the result by entering the login credentials.
- The result is declared in the form of a scorecard.
- After the declaration of the result, the list of the selected candidates is also released.
- After this, the selected candidates have to take part in the counselling.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admission Process and Counselling
The admission in the B.Ed programme is done according to the marks obtained IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination. IGNOU prepares a merit nodal regional center-wise. Then, the candidates need to submit the filled-in admission form and self-attested copies of documents as mentioned in the admission form.
- The original documents are then verified at the time of counselling that is held at Nodal RC.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Seat Reservation Criteria
Check the seat reservation criteria given below.
A. Under Vertical Reservation
|SC||15% per PSC|
|ST||7.5% per PSC|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27% per PSC|
B. Under Horizontal Reservation
|Kashmiri Migrant||1 Seat in the national merit|
B.Ed Programee Fee
The amount given below is the admission fee of 2 year B.Ed programme. Also, note the amount fee given below is according to last year’s details.
|B.Ed programme||Rs 50,000|
B.Ed Programme Structure
Check the structure of B.Ed programme given below.
- So, the course is a mix of theory and practical courses to facilitate the student-teachers to acquire necessary skills for teaching-learning at secondary / senior secondary level.
- The programme has the following components:
|Content-based Methodology Courses (Two)||08|
|Workshop – I||04|
|EPC I and II||04|
|Workshop – II||04|
|EPC III and IV||04|
In order to have the proper engagement between the learners and the school, the internship has to be taken up by the teacher-students in both the years. The internship is the compulsory part of B.Ed programme.
|Year I||Internship I||4||4|
|Year II||Internship II||12||16|
National Testing Agency (NTA) was established as an autonomous and self-premier testing organisation by MHRD, Govt. of India. It was established to conduct transparent, efficient and international standard tests to assess the competencies of the candidates for admission into higher education institutes. Its other aims are:
- To undertake research on professional, educational and testing system to identify the gaps coming in the knowledge system and to see what can be done to eliminate them.
- To produce information and research on education and professional developmental standards
Frequently Asked Questions on IGNOU B.Ed 2021
Ans. The official website for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 is ntaignou.nic.in.
Ans. IGNOU B.Ed is held at All India level.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in IGNOU B.Ed.
Ans. IGNOU B.Ed is a computer-based test.
Ans. B.Ed programme is of 2 year duration.
Ans. No, you cannot fill the application form via offline mode. It can be filled and submitted via online mode only.
Ans. No, the admit card for IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam is not sent via post.
Ans. The rank is determined according to the marks obtained by the candidates in IGNOU B.Ed entrance test.