|Details - IGNOU B.Ed 2021,Application Form, Correction, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 – Answer Key for for B.Ed entrance exam is available. Indira Gandhi National Open University has conducted the IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2021 on Sunday, 11 April 2021. Result will be announced soon. IGNOU B.Ed 2021 is the national level education entrance exam for admission to B.Ed program in IGNOU. The duration of the B.Ed programme is 2 years. Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and after the submission of original documents and programme fee. Complete details of IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam and admission 2021 including dates, application form, admission form, syllabus, exam pattern are here.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021
IGNOU B.Ed Exam Date 2021 and Other Dates
The number of seats of each PSC is limited to 50 only. IGNOU has announced the schedule for B.Ed admission and entrance exam 2021. Important dates to note are as follows.
|IGNOU B.Ed 2021||Dates|
|Release of prospectus and brochure||28 Feb 2021|
|Availability of online application form||02 Mar 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||25 Mar 2021|
|Form Correction||24 – 25 Mar 2021|
|Issuance of admit cards||06 Apr 2021|
|Exam date||11 Apr 2021|
|Release of answer key||to be announced|
|Result / Merit List||to be announced|
|Commencement of counselling||to be announced|
Books Recommended to Prepare for IGNOU B.Ed 2021
IGNOU B .Ed. Parvesh Pariksha
15 Practice Sets IGNOU B.Ed Pravesh Pariksha
IGNOU B.ED Entrance Exam With Solved Paper
15 Practice Sets IGNOU B.ED Entrance Exam
Preparation Tips for IGNOU B.Ed 2021
Check the preparation tips for IGNOU B.Ed 2021.
- To prepare for the exam, analyze the syllabus properly. To clear the exam, the candidates must know the important topics from which questions are framed.
- Make a proper study plan where each important topic is given a proper time slot. Decide the time slots according to your understanding of concepts in each subject.
- Solve the previous year question papers as many as you can. By doing so, you will get to know the type of questions, marking scheme, the difficulty level of questions of the last few years.
- Make short notes while preparing for the exam. You can write the important events happening around the world, important formulas, noteworthy points of a chapter etc in these notes.
- Get in the habit of reading newspapers.
- Build your vocabulary by reading new words, synonyms, antonyms etc.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Syllabus
Check the syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 given below.
General English Comprehension
- Basic grammar
- Idioms & Phrases
- Reading comprehension
Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Number Series
- Logical reasoning (Syllogism, question-based on the statement)
- Coding – Decoding
- Blood relation
- Political science
- Social science
- Current affairs
- Aptitude & Development of Student
- Inclusive Education
- Teaching Ability
- Fundamentals & Principle of Education
- Development of Teacher Education India
- Responsibility towards Societies
- Child-Centered & Progressive Education
- Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities
- Learning & Pedagogy
Note that in the subject competence, the questions are based on the topics studied in class 9th and 10th as prescribed by CBSE / NCERT.
- Science – In this science subject question comes from Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Social Studies – In these subjects, History, Geography, Social science, Current affairs, Political science and topics.
- English, Hindi – Reading Ability, Grammar Word Usage.
- Mathematics – Questions will be asked from Number system, Arithmetics, Trigonometry, Algebra, simplification, Geometry etc.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Pattern
IGNOU B.Ed entrance test is a computer-based test. Check the other details about the exam given below.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- Language of Question Paper: The question paper is available in English and Hindi languages
- Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
- Maximum marks: The test is of total 100 marks
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1 mark.
|Part||Subject||No. of questions|
|Part A||General English Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20|
|Educational & General Awareness||25|
|Teaching – Learning & the School||25|
|Part B||Subject Awareness (As per chosen subject: Science, Mathematics, Social Science, English,Hindi)||20|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can download their IGNOU B.Ed 2021 admit card from ignou.nic.in. It is an important document that has to be carried to the exam centre.
- Enter the registration number and password in the login window to download the admit card.
- IGNOU B.Ed admit card is not sent via post.
- The admit card consists of the details like exam date, timings, address of the exam centre, subject group, gender, date of birth, category etc.
- The admit card is issued only to those candidates whose applications are submitted successfully. No admit cards are issued to those candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Keep in mind that the duplicate admit card is not issued to the candidates in any case.
- The candidates are required to preserve their admit card in a proper condition until the end of the admission process.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Answer Key
Once the examination is over, IGNOU uploads the answer key, question paper and response sheet for IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam. The answer key is uploaded online at ignou.nic.in.It is released at the candidate’s login. The candidates can use the answer key and question paper together in order to calculate the scores.
In case of candidates are not satisfied with the answer key, they can challenge the answer key on the official website. Candidates are required to pay the processing fee for each question that has to be challenged. The sum of the amount is refundable on the condition that the challenge should be correct.
Processing Fee: The candidates have to pay Rs 1000 (for each question that has to be challenged)
The amount given below is of last to last year’ details
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Result
Indira Gandhi National Open University announces the result for IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination at ntaignou.nic.in. The candidates can check the result by entering the login credentials.
- The result is declared in the form of a scorecard.
- After the declaration of the result, the list of the selected candidates is also released.
- After this, the selected candidates have to take part in the counselling.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admission Process and Counselling
The admission in the B.Ed programme is done according to the marks obtained IGNOU B.Ed entrance examination. IGNOU prepares a merit nodal regional center-wise. Then, the candidates need to submit the filled-in admission form and self-attested copies of documents as mentioned in the admission form.
- The original documents are then verified at the time of counselling that is held at the concerned regional centre.
Documents to be submitted at the time of counselling
- Filled-in IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form
- Higher secondary / senior secondary school certificate indicating date of birth, alongwith mark sheet
- Original hall ticket of the entrance test
- Degree and marksheet of graduation / post-graduation
- Mark sheet and certificate of NCTE recognized teaching programme completed through face-to-face mode
- Original certificate from the recognized upper primary / secondary / senior secondary schools to provide the facilities for practical work including internship, as per the format
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Original-experience-cum-employment certificate (if applicable) in a letterhead of a recognised school format
- Affadavit by students / guardian / parents
- Certificate issued by the institution from where candidate has pursued his / her teacher education programme stating that the institution is recognized to provide the teacher education through face to face mode by NCTE, along with the copy of recognition letter issued by NCTE to that institution. If the recognition letter is not available, then the certificate issued by the institution should contain the details of of letter number and the date of recognition to the institution granted by NCTE.
B.Ed Programee Fee
The programme fee is Rs 55,000. The candidates have to pay the admission fee through the demand draft. Write your name and the name of the course in the back of the demand draft.
B.Ed Programme Structure
Check the structure of B.Ed programme given below.
- So, the course is a mix of theory and practical courses to facilitate the student-teachers to acquire necessary skills for teaching-learning at secondary / senior secondary level.
- The programme has the following components:
|Content-based Methodology Courses (Two)||08|
|Workshop – I||04|
|EPC I and II||04|
|Workshop – II||04|
|EPC III and IV||04|
In order to have the proper engagement between the learners and the school, the internship has to be taken up by the teacher-students in both the years. The internship is the compulsory part of B.Ed programme.
|Year I||Internship I||4||4|
|Year II||Internship II||12||16|
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admission Form
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has released IGNOU B.Ed 2021 admission form in the prospectus. Those who qualify the entrance test have to submit this form.
How to fill up IGNOU B.Ed admission form 2021?
- Download the IGNOU B.Ed prospectus 2021.
- Page 80, 81 are the application form pages. Print them.
- Fill all the fields in the form.
- Affix documents.
- Submit the filled in form, with documents, to concerned regional center at the time of admission counselling.
Documents to affix with admission form:
- Demand Draft for Programme fee.
- Certificates in support of educational qualification(s) and professional qualifications.
- Higher Secondary/Sr. Secondary School Certificate indicating the date of birth, alongwith marksheet.
- Degree and marksheet of graduation/post-graduation.Mark Sheet and Certificate of NCTE Recognized Teaching Programme completed through Face-to-Face mode.
- Certificate issued by the Institution where the candidate has pursued his/her teacher education programme stating that the institute is recognized for offering the teacher education programme through face to face mode by NCTE, along with a copy of recognition letter issued by NCTE to that institution. If the recognition letter is not available, then the Certificate issued by the institution should contain the details of letter no. and date of recognition to the institution granted by NCTE.
- Original Certificate from the recognized Upper Primary / Secondary / Senior Secondary schools to provide facilities for Practical Work including Internship, as per the format enclosed.
- Experience Certificate(wherever required).
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/Non-cremy Layer of OBC/PH/Kashmiri Migrant/War Widow candidates (wherever required).
- Age Certificate (wherever required).
- Student Card duly filed in along with photograph.
- Acknowledgement Card duly stamped.
- Affidavit by Student/Parents/Guardian (Page No 69-70).
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admission Form Correction
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has provided the chance to make any correction or changes in the application form on or before deadline. Form correction facility available from March 24 to 25, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU B.Ed 2021
To appear for the IGNOU B.Ed 2021 entrance exam, the candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria mentioned by NTA.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanity / Commerce with minimum 50% marks.
- Those with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are also eligible.
Following students are eligible for B.Ed (ODL)
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education
- The candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates: 5% of the relaxation to these candidates in the minimum eligibility according to the rules of Central Govt.
- Reservation is given to Kashmiri candidates and War Widow candidates according to the rules of the University.
- A Master’s degree awarded without a first degree is not acceptable for the purpose of Academic studies in IGNOU.
Frequently Asked Questions on IGNOU B.Ed 2021
Ans. The official website for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 is ignou.nic.in.
Ans. IGNOU B.Ed is held at All India level.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in IGNOU B.Ed.
Ans. IGNOU B.Ed is a computer-based test.
Ans. B.Ed programme is of 2 year duration.
Ans. No, you cannot fill the application form via offline mode. It can be filled and submitted via online mode only.
Ans. No, the admit card for IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam is not sent via post.
Ans. The rank is determined according to the marks obtained by the candidates in IGNOU B.Ed entrance test.
Ans. IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form is available till March 25, 2021.