IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form – National Testing Agency (NTA) only releases IGNOU B.Ed application form online, at ntaignou.nic.in. Only those candidates can fill the form who have done Bachelor’s or Master’s with minimum 50% and satisfy other eligibility criteria. In order to fill IGNOU B.Ed application form 2021, the candidates are required to register and fill the correct details in the application form. Next, upload the images and pay the application fee to finally submit the form. Check more details about IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form, such as image specifications, application fee, process to apply etc. from this page.
Latest: It was expected that NTA will release IGNOU B.Ed application form in December 2020. However, it has not been released yet. So far, there is no date for release of the application form. It is expected that NTA will release it soon.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
A candidate can submit only one IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form. In other words, multiple application forms submitted by a candidate shall be rejected. Also, note that only one email id and mobile number are valid for taking admission.
|IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form||Dates|
|Commencement of online application||Jan 2021|
|Last date to register for IGNOU B.Ed||Feb 2021|
|Correction window for editing in the Application form||to be announced|
Application Form: IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form will be available as per the schedule given above at ntaignou.nic.in.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfill the following criteria to appear for the IGNOU B.Ed entrance test.
- Graduation or Postgraduation in Sciences / Social Sciences / Commerce / Humanity with a minimum of 50% marks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates: 5% on marks obtained in Graduation/ post-graduation.
The following candidates lists are considered to be eligible for B.Ed (ODL)
- Trained in-service teacher in elementary education
- All those candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Application Fee
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form is said to be successfully submitted only if the candidates have paid the application fee. It must be kept in mind that the application fee is non-refundable and no request regarding the refund is entertained by IGNOU / NTA.
The amount given below is according to the last year’s etails
|Exam fee||Rs. 600|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using any one of the payment modes:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
What to do in case the payment status is not okay? If the examination fee is paid through debit card / credit card is ‘Not Okay’, it means the transaction has been cancelled. In such a case, the candidates have to pay the fee once again. Once the payment is done, check the payment status.
What if the transaction has been cancelled? If in case the transaction has been cancelled, the amount shall be automatically refunded to the debit card / credit card within 15 days of the last date of the application form.
Items to Keep Ready Before Filling IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
The candidates must keep the following documents / details ready before filling IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form.
- Active mobile number
- Valid email id
- Scanned images of latest photograph & signature
- Bank Account details for payment (debit card / credit card / net banking details)
- Valid ID proof for verification (Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits) / Election Card (EPIC No.) / Passport number / Ration Card Number/ PAN Number / Other valid govt ids)
- Marksheets (10th, 12th, and Graduation)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
Image Specifications for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
While filling IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form, the candidates have to upload the images in the proper format and size. Check the specifications given below.
|Photograph||10 kb to 200||JPG / JPEG|
|Signature||4 kb to 30 kb||JPG / JPEG|
Other Specifications for Photograph
- The photograph must specify the name of the candidates and date on which it was taken.
- The photograph must be taken without a cap or goggles.
- The candidates can wear the spectacles in the photograph if it is worn regularly.
- The photograph must not be attested.
- Polaroid and computer-generated photographs are not acceptable.
- The photograph must be taken against a white background.
Other Specifications for Signature
- The candidates need to upload the scanned image of the full signature done in the running hand.
- Writing full name in the box with capital letters is not accepted as a signature.
- Do the signature with black ink pen on the white paper.
- After uploading the image of the signature, make sure the images are proper and clear.
Important Instructions to Know Before Filling IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
The candidates must check the points given below before filling IGNOU B.Ed application form.
- Ensure that the email id and contact number entered during the form filling process is your own as all the information by NTA is sent at the given email id and mobile number.
- The candidates must not send any document or the confirmation page to NTA via fax / email / hand.
- Make sure that all the information entered during the registration is correct.
- Before proceeding to fill the application form, cross-check the eligibility criteria.
- The application form submitted other than the online mode are not accepted.
- The candidates cannot withdraw their online application form once it has been submitted.
- In order to avoid any kind of any difficulty while filling the application form, it is advised to submit the form before the last date. NTA is not responsible for any kind of network problems or any other problem while submitting the form on the last day.
- There is no provision of submitting any mark sheet or certificate with the application form.
What documents must be retained after the submission of the application form?
>>4 printouts of the confirmation page
>>Passport size photograph same as uploaded in the form (6-8 passport size)
>>Proof of the fee paid.
How to Fill the IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form?
There is no provision to fill and submit IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form through the offline mode. Check the steps given below to fill online IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form.
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the direct link of the application form given above on the page.
- Next, click on the ‘Apply’ button given in the section of New Candidate Registration section.
- Then, read all the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
- Next, enter the personal details, contact details and password in the registration form.
- After entering the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Then, review all the details, click on the ‘I Agree’ button and then finally submit the details.
- After following the step given above, a mail is sent to the registered mail id and contact number conveying your login details.
How to make a password of your own choice at the time of registration?
✓The password must be 8-13 characters long
✓ There must be at least one upper case alphabet
✓ There must be at least one lower case alphabet
✓The password must have one numeric value
✓There must one special character like !, #, @, %, &, *,$
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- After receiving the registration confirmation mail, click on the ‘Complete Application Form‘.
- Now, a new page will open. Here, enter the remaining personal details.
- Then, enter the 4 choices of exam centre.
- Next, enter the educational details.
- Then, provide the additional or employment details (if any).
- Next, click on the ‘submit’ button present at the bottom of the page.
- Next, review the details, click on the ‘I Agree’ button and then, click on the final submit button.
Step 3: Uploading of the scanned images & signature
- After submitting all the details, upload the images of photograph and signature.
- Then, agree to the declaration, enter the security pin and click on the ‘upload’ button.
Step 4: Pay the application fee
- Click on the ‘proceed for payment’ option.
- Then, select the payment provider (Syndicate bank / ICICI bank).
- Next, click on the ‘proceed to payment button’ and pay the application fee.
Step 5: Download the Confirmation Page
- Once the examination fee has been submitted, a confirmation page will appear on the screen.
- Download this confirmation page and take its 3-4 printouts for future references.
Note: Keep in mind that the generation of the confirmation page means that the application form has been submitted successfully. If the confirmation page is not generated, it indicates that the form has not been submitted.
Details to be Entered in IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
The details that have to be entered in IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form.
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Identity type
- Identification number
- City / Town / Village
- Locality (Optional)
- Pin code
- Email id
- Contact number
In the application form
- Whether Physical Handicapped or not?
- Social status
- Are you a Kashmiri Migrant?
- Family Income
- Marital Status
- Pass status
- Course / Stream name
- Learning mode
- Board / University name
- Year of passing / appearing
- Result mode
- Marks details
- Roll number / Enrollement number
- Institute name / address
Employment or Additional details (if any)
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Exam Centres
The candidates will get to choose the exam city while filling the application form. Below are the cities where the IGNOU B.Ed 2021 will be conducted.
|Sambalpur||Naharlagun / Itanagar||Tirupati|
|Patna||Purnia (Purnea)||Noida / Gr Noida|
Reasons for Rejection of IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2021
The following reasons might lead to the rejection of IGNOU B.Ed application form 2021.
- The forms will get rejected if the images have not been uploaded and the examination fee is not paid
- If the photograph and signature uploaded in the form are not correct
- If more than one application form is submitted
- If the details in the form are not correct / false
- If the photograph that has been uploaded in the form is fabricated i.e de-shaped or appears to be hand made or computer made.
- If the application form is submitted without meeting all the eligibility requirements specified by NTA.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form Correction
NTA speicies that details cannot be edited in the IGNOU B.Ed application form once it has been submitted. However, it provides a chance to the applicants to edit or modify only some details after they have submitted the application form.
The corrections have to be submitted within the given deadline only. The changes have to be submitted through the online mode only. Any correction cannot be submitted via fax / email. The details given below are treated as final by NTA after the completion of registration.
- Candidate’s name
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Contact / Address details
- PwD status
- Educational details
- Date of birth
NTA does not allow any modification of details provided by the candidates after the registration process under any circumstances. Hence, it is advised to the candidates to provide the correct details during the registration.
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Admit Card
Once the application process is over, NTA then issues the admit card at the official website ntaignou.nic.in.
- To download the admit card, candidates need to enter their application number and password.
- The admit card can be downloaded only via online mode. It is not sent via post.
- The candidates must not mutilate or change any entry that is already present in the admit card.
- IGNOU B.Ed 2021 admit card must be preserved in good condition till the end of the admission processs.
- Details like subject group, gender, exam centre name, city, exam date, and timings etc are mentioned on the admit card.
- If in case, there is any discrepancy in the admit card, then candidates can contact the official authority on their helpline number.
- Do not forget to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre.
About IGNOU B.Ed 2021
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) B.Ed is an entrance examination that is conducted by NTA at All India Level. The duration of the programme is 2 years. However, the maximum duration to complete the programme is 5 years.
IGNOU B.Ed is a computer-based test. It is of 2 hour duration. The candidates are required to enter the multiple-choice questions. The total marks of the test are 100. There is no negative marking in case of incorrect answers.
Frequently Asked Questions on IGNOU B.Ed 2021 Application Form
Ans. You can fill IGNOU B.Ed 2021 application form at ntaignou.nic.in.
Ans. No, you cannot fill the application form via offline mode. NTA accepts the application form submitted only through the online mode.
Ans. No, you are not required to send the confirmation page to NTA. However, you must take its printout for future reference after the completion of the application process .
Ans. You can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
Ans. Generally, NTA advises to fill the details in the form carefully and that it does not grants any opportunity to modify the details. However, a chance to edit some particulars only in the application form after its submission. However, these corrections have to be submitted with the given time period only.
Ans. No, a candidate can one application form only. Multiple application forms if submitted will lead to cancellation of the candidature.