IGNOU Admission 2021: IGNOU admission for July 2021 session has started. The last date to apply for IGNOU UG and PG Admission is extended up to December 15, 2021. The registration, the application form has been released at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. Interested candidates can apply for admission upon meeting all the eligibility requirements. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a National Open University. Degree, diploma, certificates from IGNOU are recognized by all members of the AIU and are at par with a degree, diploma, certificate of Indian universities, deemed universities, and institutions.
IGNOU Admission 2021
Latest – IGNOU UG and PG Admission 2021-22 application form 2021 for the July session (Except Semester based programmes) has been extended and candidates can submit the form up to December 15, 2021. Apply Here
Important Dates for IGNOU Admission 2021 July Session
|Events||January Session||July Session|
|Commencement of IGNOU 2021 application form||03 Feb 2021||–|
|IGNOU admission 2021 last date to apply||30 Apr 2021||15 Dec 2021|
IGNOU 2021 Application Form – Link to Apply
The IGNOU application form 2021 has been released at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. Apply now.
Candidates can fill application form for IGNOU admission 2021 at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in. Before filling the application form, keep documents ready. Things to know before applying are as follows.
- The applicants must use their own email address and this email id must remain functional throughout the admission process.
- Applicants must use the latest version of Google Chrome to fill the application form.
- Enter the correct details in the form.
- Details cannot be changed once the button of payment has been clicked.
How To Apply for IGNOU 2021?
- Click on the link of the application form given above and enter the details like username, name, password, mobile number and captcha code. Then, click on the register button.
- Then, login with the registered username and password and enter the personal details, scholarship and other details.
- Next, enter the programme, educational and address details.
- Then, agree to the declaration (Modify the details if needed).
- Lastly, pay the admission fee and registration fee.
Registration fee: The candidates have to pay Rs 200.
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application using debit card / credit card / net banking.
Documents required for IGNOU Admission 2021 Application Form
|Document Whose Scanned Copy Is Required for IGNOU Admission 2021 Form||Max File Size|
|Age Proof||200 KB|
|Relevant Educational Qualification||200 KB|
|Experience Certificate (if any)||200 KB|
|Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC||200 KB|
|BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line||200 KB|
Note: The facility for fee exemption available to SC / ST students can be claimed for one programme only in one admission cycle. If the candidates submits more than one application for fee exemption, all applications shall be rejected.
Courses Offered at IGNOU
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various UG, PG, Certificate, Diploma, PG Diploma programmes. The duration of Bachelor programmes is 3 years. In case of Master’s programmes, the duration is 2 years whereas for PG Diploma and Diploma programmes it is 1 year. The duration of the Certificate course is 6 months.
|UG Courses||PG Courses||Others|
|BACHELORS DEGREE PROGRAMS|
Bachelor of Arts (BAG)
Bachelor of Commerce (BCOMG)
Bachelor of Science (BSCG)
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies) (BTS)
Bachelor of Social Work(BSWG)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBARL)
B.A. (Vocational Studies) Tourism Management(BAVTM)
|Master of Commerce (MCOM)|
Master of Arts (English) (MEG)
स्नातकोत्तर कला उपाधि (ह िंदी) (एमएचडी)
Master of Arts (Political Science) (MPS)
Master of Arts (History) (MAH)
Master of Arts (Sociology) (MSO)
Master of Arts (Psychology) (MAPC)
Master of Arts (Economics) (MEC)
Master of Arts (Public Administration) (MPA)
Master of Library and Information Sciences (MLIS)
Master of Arts (Anthropology) (MAAN)
Master of Arts (Gandhi and Peace Studies) (MGPS)
Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
Master of Arts (Rural Development) (MARD)
Master of Science (Food Nutrition) (MSCDFSM)
|POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES|
POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
|BACHELORS (HONOURS) DEGREE PROGRAMS|
BA (Honours) Economics (BAECH)
BA (Honours) History (BAHIH)
BA (Honours) Political Science (BAPSH)
BA (Honours) Psychology (BAPCH)
BA (Honours) Public Administration (BAPAH)
BA (Honours) Sociology (BASOH)
Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Anthropology) (BSCANH)
Bachelor of Arts English (Honours) (BAEGH)
स्नातक उपाधि (ऑनर्स)
|Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy) (MSCCFT)|
Master of Social Work (MSW)
Master of Social Work (Counselling) (MSWC)
Master of Arts (Education) (MAEDU)
Master of Arts (Distance Education) (MADE)
Master of Arts (Adult Education) (MAAE)
Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
Master of Arts (Philosophy) (MAPY)
Master of Arts (Development Studies) (MADVS)
Master of Arts (Women and Gender Studies) (MAWGS)
Master of Arts (Gender and Development Studies) (MAGD)
Master of Arts (Translation Studies) (MATS)
Master of Science(Mathematics with Application in Computer Science) (MSCMACS)
|Click Here for complete list of courses offered for IGNOU Admission 2021 for January session.|
Fee Refund for IGNOU Admission 2021
If a student applies for the cancellation of admission and refund of fee, the refund request will be considered as per the University policy as under:
- Before the last date for submission of admission form-the fee paid will be refunded after deduction of Rs.200/-.
- Within 15 days from the last date for submission of admission form-the fee paid will be refunded after deduction of Rs.500/-.
- Within 30 days from the last date for submission of admission form-the fee paid will be refunded after deduction of Rs.1,000/-.
- After 30 days from the closure of the last date- No refund will be allowed.
- The last dates for submission of admission form will be considered separately i.e. last date without late fee and last date with late fee. However, late fee, if any, will not be refunded.
- In cases of (a) to (c) above, the candidate will make a written request to the Regional Director concerned for such a refund. The RC will process the cases as soon as possible after ascertaining the credit of the same in IGNOU Accounts.
For CBCS Based Bachelor’s Degree Programme: The registration of the students will be done year-wise though the courses of the programmes will be offered semester-wise. The students will pay the fee for the first and second semesters at the time of admission itself. No fee will be refunded if a student decides to withdraw mid-session
Learners offered admission have to join on or before the due dates specified by the University. In case they want to seek admission for the next session, they will have to apply afresh and go through the admission process again.
In order to provide individualized support to its learners, the University has a large number of Study Centres,
spread across the country. These Study Centres are coordinated by 67 Regional Centres and Recognised Regional Centres. At the Study Centres, the learners interact with the Academic Counselors and other learners, refer to books in the Library, watch/listen to video/audio programmes and interact with the Coordinator on administrative and academic matters. The list of Regional Centres is given in this Prospectus. Support services are also provided through Work Centres, Programme Study Centres, Skill Development Centres and Special Study Centres.
Click Here for list of regional centers for IGNOU Admission 2021.
Students who are already enrolled in a programme of one year or longer duration can also simultaneously register themselves for any Certificate programme of Six months duration. However, if there is any clash of dates of counselling or examination schedule between the two programmes taken by the student, University will not be in a position to make adjustments.
However simultaneously pursuing two academic Programmes at degree level, either from the same University, or one from the Open University (under ODL mode) and the other from Conventional University (regular or face-to-face mode) is not permitted, as of now.
IGNOU Re-Registration 2021
“Re-registration” means registration in the next semester/year of a programme, wherever applicable. Learners are advised to submit the Re-Registration (RR) forms ‘Online’ on the web portal http://www.ignou.ac.in. as per schedule being notified by the University from time to time, irrespective of the fact that whether the learners appeared in the examination or not or whether they are passed or not in the course(s) registered in the current academic session. If the Re-Registration in any of the programmes is not available online or for any other reason as specified by the University, Learners should submit their RR forms at the respective Regional Centre ONLY and nowhere else. If any student submits the ‘Offline’ ReRegistration Form at any other Regional Centre than the allocated Regional Centre, and consequently misses the scheduled date and a semester/ year, he/she will have no claim on the University for regularization.
International students of the University pursuing their programme from India are also advised to submit re-registrations form online. Offline forms, if any, may be submitted to the International Division of the University.
Correction of Address and Study Centre Change
There is a printed proforma for change/correction of address and change of Study Centre provided in the Programme Guide given/sent to the admitted learners along with the study material in the very first lot of despatch. In case there is any correction/change in the address, the learners are advised to make use of that proforma and send it to the Regional Director concerned who will make necessary corrections in the database and transmit the corrected data to Registrar, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
Requests received directly at SRD, New Delhi, or any other Office of the University will not be entertained. The form of change of address can also be downloaded from IGNOU Website http://www.ignou.ac.in. Learners are advised not to write letters to any other officer in the University in this regard. Normally, it takes 4-6 weeks to effect the change. Therefore, the learners are advised to make their own arrangements to redirect the mail to the changed address during this period. In case a change of Study Centre is desired, the learners are advised to fill the Proforma and address it to the Regional Centre concerned. Since counselling facilities are not available for all Programmes at all the Centres, learners are advised to make sure that counselling facilities are available, for their subjects, at the new centre they have opted for. Request for change of Study Centre is normally accepted subject to availability of seat for the programme at the new centre asked for. Change of Address and Study Centre is not permitted.
Correction/Change of Name/Surname of Learner
Spelling mistakes, if any, committed at the time of data entry stage will be rectified at the Regional Centre and corrected data transmitted to Student Registration Division for updating in the database. However, Learners are expected to write their correct name (as indicated in the High School Certificate) in the Admission Form. In case of any change in the name (other than the one mentioned in his/her High School Certificate), then it is mandatory for the prospective learners to furnish legal evidence of having changed his/her name/ surname while submitting the admission form.
For Change of Name/Surname, after confirmation of admission, the learners are required to submit the following documents at the Regional Centre, for onward transmission to Registrar, SRD:
- Original copy of Notification in a daily newspaper notifying the change of name;
- Affidavit, in original, on non-judicial Stamp Paper of the appropriate value sworn in before 1st Class Magistrate specifying the change in the name;
- Marriage Card/Marriage Certificate in case of women candidates for change in surname;
- Gazette Notification, in original, reflecting the change of name/surname;
- Demand Draft of Rs.500/- drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at NewDelhi.
Request for correction and/or change of Name / Surname will be entertained only before completion of the programme
IGNOU Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria given below for various courses offered at IGNOU.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent.
- B.Sc (UG): To pursue this course, the candidates must have passed 10+2 with Science subjects.
- Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences: The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (General) and 45% for SC / ST / OBC / PH. OR Bachelors’ degree with Diploma (1 year) in Library Science. OR Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of working experience in Library and Information Centre.
- To pursue any of courses at PG level, the candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or a Higher degree from a recognized university.
- MCA: The candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration from a recognized university. Also, the candidates must have Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 or Graduation level.
Diploma Programmes: The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent.
PG Diploma: To pursue any of the PG Diploma courses, the candidates must have completed their bachelor’ degree.
Certificate Programmes: The candidates must have passed 10+2 to pursue any of the Certificate programmes.
IGNOU Fee Structure 2021
Check the fee structure given below.
|Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences||Rs 7200|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Anthropology||Rs 15,600|
|BA English||Rs 9,600|
|MA Psychology||Rs 18,000|
|MA Economics||Rs 16,000|
|Master of Library & Information Sciences||Rs 10,800|
|MA (Anthropology)||Rs 16,800|
|MA Gandhi & Peace Studies||Rs 9,600|
|MA Rural Development||Rs 10,800|
|M.Sc Food Nutrition||Rs 32,400|
|M.Sc Counselling & Family Therapy||Rs 33,600|
|MA Education||Rs 16,000|
|MA Philosophy||Rs 12,000|
|PG Diploma in Rural Development||Rs 2,400|
|PG Diploma in Translation||Rs 4,000|
Detailed Fee Structure: Since there are many courses offered at IGNOU, so the fee amount varies from course to course.
Click Here to check the fee amount for all the courses.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was established by an Act of Parliament in 1985. It was established to attain the following objectives:
- Democratising higher education by taking it to the doorsteps of every learner
- Develop and Promote distance education
- Provide higher education irrespective of age, gender, religion, region
Some unique features of IGNOU
- Cost Effective programmes
- Modular approach to programmes
- Flexibility in admission rules
- use of latest information and communication technologies
Achievements of IGNOU
- It is one of the largest open universities in the world.
- In the year 1993, it was recognized as Centre of Excellence in Distance Education by the Commonwealth of Learning
- In the year 1999, it was awarded with Excellence Award for Distance Education by Commonwealth of Learning
Official Website: ignou.ac.in
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi
Click Here to check the address and contact details of Regional Centers.
Frequently Asked Questions on IGNOU Admission 2021
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to register to take admission at IGNOU.
Ans. The application forms that are submitted are scrutinized for admission that is subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. The forms are processed region-wise on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Ans. The students taking admission through Online Admission System will get the same facilities as those students who get admission via offline mode. If in case, you are staying in the area located near your regional centre then you can make use of the library at the regional centre.
Ans. IGNOU follows an evaluation system that is different from other conventional universities. The evaluation includes self-assessment exercises, continuous evaluation through assignments, seminars/workshops, project work etc.
Ans. Yes, they are recognized by UGC.
Ans. Students who are enrolled for 1-year duration or longer can simultaneously register for a Certificate programme of 6 months. Pursuing 2 programmes simultaneously is not permitted.