IGNOU Admission Form 2021 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the last date to submit IGNOU Admission Form 2021 for January session. The last date for eligible candidates to submit their IGNOU 2021 application form is extended up to March 15, 2021. Candidates can now apply online at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in or using the link given below on this page. IGNOU admission 2021 are open for the UG, PG, Certificate, Diploma and PG Diploma courses. Applicants have to pay Rs. 200/- as IGNOU registration fee. Moreover, International Students can participate in IGNOU 2021 Admission. Know complete details on IGNOU Admission Form 2021, procedure and more in this article.
IGNOU 2021 Admission Form – Apply by 15 March
Direct Link To Apply: Click here for student registration form for IGNOU Admission 2021 January session at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
IGNOU Admission Form 2021 Last Date – Extended
Applicants can submit their applications for IGNOU admissions as per the schedule announced. Check all the important dates for IGNOU Admission Form 2021 below.
|Start date of registration||03 Feb 2021|
|Last date to apply||15 Mar 2021|
IGNOU 2021 Registration Fee
While registering, candidates also have to pay the IGNOU registration fee other than the programme fee. Check the mode of payment and IGNOU registration fee below.
Registration Fee – Rs. 200/-
Mode of Payment –
- Online – Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
- Offline – Demand Draft/ Pay order
Prerequisites for IGNOU Admission Form 2021
Keep the following documents beforehand submitting the IGNOU 2021 application form. It helps aspirants enter details correction while submitting IGNOU application form.
- Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Certificate in support of the educational qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Experience certificate if applicable (less than 200 KB)
- Category certificate (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ EWS/ Minority candidate) (less than 200 KB)
- BPL Certificate (less than 200 KB)
- Date of birth proof (less than 200 KB)
- International students have to submit valid certificate from date of birth
- Student card along with the photograph
- Acknowledgement card
- Copy of passport for international students
- Copy of visa (for international students)
- No objection certificate from concerned Embassy of India (for international students)
- Proof of residents of the candidates in India (for international students)
- Translate copy of educational qualification (for international students)
- Migration/ Transfer certificate
Important Instructions to Successfully Submit IGNOU Admission Form 2021
Candidates have to be cautious while they are registering/ applying online. IGNOU has also published some important instructions for the IGNOU Admission Form. Read all the important instructions to submit applications for IGNOU Admission 2021 below.
- Aspirants are suggested to fill the application carefully.
- They can check the programme code, programme list, study centre code state code, code of regional centres from the information brochure.
- Remember the username and password after the successful registration.
How to Fill IGNOU 2021 Admission Form Online?
The application process for IGNOU Admission 2021 takes place online. Candidates intending to take admission at IGNOU can check the application process below.
1st step: Go to the official website, ignou.ac.in. Applicants can also refer to the direct registration link available below the dates table.
2nd step: On reaching the homepage tap on the ‘register online’ > Fresh Admission button.
3rd step: Thereafter, applicants are directed to the registration page. Click on the “click here for new registration” button.
4th step: Enter all the relevant details asked and tap on the “register” button.
5th step: Hereafter, candidates have to login again with the registered username and password.
6th step: On login, important instructions related to the IGNOU application form appears on the screen.
7th step: Now, enter the relevant details such as educational qualification, address, personal details etc to complete the application form.
8th step: Next, upload the scanned images of all the required documents. Hereafter, select the self-declaration box and proceed.
9th step: Take a preview of the IGNOU admission form before payment. In case of incorrect details, aspirants can go back correct the details.
10th step: Hereafter, select the self-declaration box and proceed. Proceed to make the payment of the application fee.
Note: After the successful submission of IGNOU application form 2021, candidates can also download the ID card. All they have to do is to click on the “ID Card” download button.
Details to Enter in the IGNOU Admission Form 2021
Following are the details that candidates have to enter in the IGNOU admission form 2021
- Applicant’s full name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Captcha verification
- Name of the programme applied
- Programme code
- Study centre code
- Regional centre code
- State code
- Whether candidate is already registered with IGNOU or not
- Name of the candidate
- Father/ Husband name
- Contact details
- Marital status
- Social status
- Whether Kashmiri Migrant or not
- Employment status
- Relevant qualifications
- Details of fee remittance
What Details Can a Candidate Change in IGNOU 2021 Application Form?
IGNOU allows candidates to make changes to certain denials of the IGNOU 2021 application form. Know how and what details a candidate can edit in IGNOU admission form 2021 here.
- Change in Elective Course –
- Candidates who applied for a Bachelor’s degree programme cannot edit their course.
- However, Master’s degree students can apply for the course change. For this, they have to pay Rs. 600/- for 2/4 credits and Rs. 1200/- for a 6/8 credit course.
- Change of Medium
- Aspirants can not change the medium for CBCS based Bachelor’s degree programme.
- Master’s degree students can apply for a change in a medium within 30 days from the receipt of the first set of course material.
- Change in Programme
- Bachelor’s students can not make changes to their programme. However, Master’s students can make necessary changes within 30 days from the last date to apply.
- Change in category/ counselling/ exam centre-
- Aspirants can not change in their category/ counselling/ exam centre.
- Change in Name
- In case of spelling mistakes, candidates must visit the Regional Centre and get data corrected.
- In case of any change in name, candidates have to produce legal documents in support.
- Correction of Address and Study Centre
- Candidates have to submit their concern to the Regional Director of the concerned study center. The proformas for the same is available in the notification.
About IGNOU Admission
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a Central University located at New Delhi. It is named after the former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi. The Government of India runs this university. As per the data available online, it has around 4 million students enrolled. The university offers a wide range of courses starting from Bachelors, Masters to Postgraduate Diploma. Aspirants can take admission in two cycles – January and July.
FAQs for IGNOU 2021 Admission Form
Ans. Candidates who have enrolled themselves in a 01 year or longer course can apply for the certificate course of 06 months. However, IGNOU will not be held responsible if there is a clash in exam dates. Also, pursuing two programmes 01 years or longer duration is not allowed. Not in the regular or open university.
Ans. Yes, candidates get a confirmation mail and SMS.
Ans. Yes. It is mandatory to register before candidates submit IGNOU Admission Form 2021.
Ans. The data automatically saves once candidates click on “save” button. Once candidates get normal connection, they can proceed further by logging in again.