|Details - ICSI 2021, Registration, Application Form, Admit Card, Result|
|Exams - CSEET 2021, ICSI CS Executive 2021, ICSI CS Professional 2021|
ICSI CSEET 2021 – ICSI has released the result for CSEET November 2021 session. Candidates can check the CSEET November 2021 result online at icsi.edu. Whereas, CSEET November 2021 exam was held on November 13, 2021 and re-test on November 14, 2021.
ICSI CSEET exam registration for January 2022 session has opened at icsi.edu. The last date to submission of application form till December 15, 2021. Whereas, ICSI has announced the dates for CSEET January 2022 session. The January session exam will be held on January 08, 2022. Candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam from their home by using their laptop or desktop. Tablet and smartphone are not allowed to take the exam. This year the exam is going to be organized through Remote Proctored Method, thus the viva portion has been removed. The exam will go on for 120 minutes with 200 marks in 120 objective-type questions. Check out the details related to ICSI CSEET 2021 from this article here.
ICSI CSEET 2021
ICSI conducts CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) on a quarterly basis i.e. in the month of May, July, November, and January. Candidates who qualify in the exam can opt for ICSI 2021 course. CSEET is the first step towards becoming a Company Secretary.
Latest News Stories on ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam
19 November 2021 – ICSI CSEET Nov 2021 Result Declared at icsi.edu; How To Check If Forgot Registration Number. Read More
19 November 2021 – ICSI CSEET Nov 2021 Result Out Today at 4 PM @ icsi.edu. Read More
13 November 2021 – ICSI CSEET 2021 In Remote Proctored Mode Today, Students Must Login 30 Minutes Before Exam. Read More.
13 November 2021 – ICSI CSEET 2021 Re-Test Tomorrow; Check Who Can Appear In This Test. Read More.
09 July 2021 – ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam Tomorrow – Key Instructions on SEB Download, User ID, Password Released. Read More
ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam Dates
Check the important dates regarding ICSI CSEET 2021 from below.
|Month of CSEET||Registration Period||CSEET Date|
(Saturday / Sunday)
Declaration of results
|May||16 Dec 2020 – 15 Apr 2021||08 May 2021|
10 May 2021 (Re-test)
|20 May 2021|
|July||16 Apr – 15 Jun 2021||10 Jul 2021|
12 Jul 2021 (Re-test)
|21 Jul 2021 at 3:00 pm|
|November||16 Jun – 15 Oct 2021||13 Nov 2021|
14 Nov 2021 (Re-test)
|19 Nov 2021 at 4:00 pm|
|January||16 Oct – 15 Dec 2021||08 Jan 2022||4th week of Jan|
Cut-Off Date of Registration in CS Executive Program
|Month||Cut-Off Date for Registration in CS Executive Programme|
|May||31st May (For appearing in single module of Executive Program|
in Dec session of the same year)
|July||31st Jul (For appearing in single module of Executive Program|
in Dec session of the same year)
|November||30th Nov (For appearing in both modules of Executive Program|
in Jun session next year)
|January||31st Jan (For appearing in single module of Executive Program|
in Jun session of the same year)
ICSI CSEET 2021 Result
ICSI announces the result for CSEET online at icsi.edu. It is released in the form of a scorecard. To check the result, the candidates have to enter the following details:
- CSEET registration number
- Date of birth
Note that the result along with the candidate’s individual marks in all the subjects is uploaded on the official website. Immediately after the declaration of the result, formal e-result-cum-marks-statement of CSEET is also uploaded on the official website for candidate’s use. No physical copy of result-cum-marks-statement is issued to the candidates.
CSEET 2021 Registration
Register Here for CSEET January 2022 Session: Click here to apply!
Before doing ICSI CSEET 2021 registration, make sure all the eligibility conditions are fulfilled. Also, be ready with the documents like scanned images of photograph, signature, 10+2 pass certificate / mark sheet, date of birth certificate, any id proof etc. Check ICSI CSEET 2021 registration process given below.
Step 1: First of all, click on the direct link of the registration given above on this page.
Step 2: Next, read all the instructions and click on the ‘Proceed to CSEET Registration’ button.
Step 3: Now, enter the basic details which include personal and address details of the candidates such as qualification, name, gender, category, date of birth, email id, mobile number, address etc.
Step 4: Then, check the fee details.
Step 5: Next, upload the mandatory documents and preview the application.
Step 6: Then, click on confirm the application fee button, select the payment mode and note down the transaction id for future references.
Application Fee: The candidates have to pay:
|The registration fee for CSEET||Rs 1000|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the fee using Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking / Wallet / Cash Cards / Challan.
Registration Fee Concession Applicable to Various Categories
|SC / ST||50%|
|Wards and Widows of Martyrs and Defence Services|
Personnel with Permanent Disability
|Serving / Retired Personnel of Defence Services and Paramilitary Forces||50%|
|ICSI Staff and Wards / Spouse of ICSI Staff||75%|
|ICLS Officers / Officers & Staff of MCA and Affiliated Offices||100%|
|Students from North Eastern States, Andaman & Nicobar Islands,|
Lakshadweep and Himachal Pradesh
|Students from the Union Territories of J&K and |
ICSI CSEET 2021 Syllabus
There are total 4 subjects from which multiple-choice questions are asked in CSEET. The syllabus is given is as follows:
Paper 1: Business Communication
This subject basically tests the candidate’s knowledge of Basic English Grammar and Critical Aspects of Business Communication.
Essentials of Good English
- English Grammar and its Usage – Noun, Verbs, Pronoun, Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Prepositions, Voice, Articles, Interjections, Tenses, Prefix and Sufix, Punctuations etc
- Enriching Vocabulary – Choice of Words, Antonyms and Synonyms
- One-word Substitution
- Common Errors in English
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Arrrangement
- Sentence Correction
- Foreign Words and Phrases Commonly Used
- Comprehension of Passages and Art of Summarizing
- Words commonly mis-spelt
- Words with multiple meaning
- Concept of Communication
- Significance and Meaning of Good Communication
- Business Communication – Principles and Process
- Means of Communication – Written, Oral, Visual, Audio-visual
- Choice of Modes of Communication
- Communication Networks – Wheel, Vertical, Circuit, Chain, Star
- Commonly Used Mediums of Digital Communication such as email, sms, voice mail, multimedia, mobile phone conferencing, teleconferencing, video conferencing etc
- Listening skills – Types, Purpose, Steps to Effective Listening, Barriers to Effective Listening and ways to overcome them
- Business Letters – Its essentials, types, parts and salutations
- Positive messages, negative messages, persuasive messages
- Concept of web, internet, e-correspondence
- Intranet-Benefit and Purpose
- Email-Features, Email Etiquettes, Procedure to write formal email
- Essential Elements of Email – Subject Line, Formal Greeting, Target Audience, Clarity and Conciseness, Proof Reading, Feedback
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Email
- Business Reports, Inter and Intra-Departmental Communication – Office Orders, Office Circulars and Notes, Memorandum, Management Information System
Common Business Terminologies
- Terms defined under various Laws, Rules and Regulations including Financial and Non-Financial Terms and Expressions
Paper 2: Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (25 marks + 25 marks)
This section tests the basic understanding of the concepts of the Law, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning skills.
Part A: Legal Aptitude
- State Under Constitution
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- President and Governors
- Council of Ministers and Prime Minister
- Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council
- Supreme Courts and High Courts
- Landmark Amendment in Constitution
- List of subjects- Centre, State and Concurrent
Elements of General Laws (Indian Contact Law and Law of Torts)
A. Law of Contract
- Offer, Acceptance, Consideration and Competency of Contract
- Performance of Contract
- Frustration of Contract
- Types of Contact: Void, Voidable and Unenforceable
- Quasi Contract
- Breach of Contract and Remedies
B. Law of Torts
- Basic Torts
- Specific Defenses
- Nuisance and Negligence
- Strict, Absolute and Vicarious Liability
- Malicious Prosecution
Elements of Company Secretaries Legislation
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Role of Company Secretary in Employment
- Role of Company Secretary in Practice
- Vision, Mission, Motto and Core Values of the Institute
- Company Secretary Under Companies Secretaries Act, 2013
- Company Secretary Under Companies Secretaries Act, 1980
Elements of Company Law
- Meaning and Nature of Company
- Types of Capital
- Incorporation of a Company
- Business Ethics
- Ethical Dilemma
- Board Meetings & Shareholders Meetings
- Board of Directors
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Legal Fundamentals and Terms
- Legal Terminology and Maxims
- Legal Problems – Reading and Misunderstanding a case
- Legal Reasoning – Reasoning by Analogy, Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
- Questions of Fact or Factual Issues
- Questions of Law or Legal Issues
- Landmark Judgments of Supreme and High Court
- Reading Comprehension
Part B: Logical Reasoning
- Cause and Effect Reasoning
- Number Test
- Coding and Decoding
- Drawing Inference
- Sequence and Series
- Statement and Assumptions
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages
- Alphabet Test
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Assertion and Reason
- Blood Relations
- Decision Making
- Inserting Missing Characters
- Logical Venn Diagram
- Logical Sequence Test
- Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test
- Truth Tellers and Liars
- Analytical Reasoning
- Figure Matrix
- Completion of Incomplete Pattern
- Grouping of Identical Figures
- Rule Detection
- Mirror Image
- Numeric and Alphabet Series
Paper 3: Economic and Business Environment
- This section generally tests the understanding of concepts of Macro and Micro Economics with a focus on Indian Economic System. It also tests the understanding of various crucial elements of business environments.
- This section is of total 50 marks where; Part A Economics is fo 25 marks and Part B Business Environment is also of 25 marks.
Part A: Economics
Basics of Demand and Supply and Forms of Market Competition
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Equilibrium Price
- Elasticity of Demand Supply and Other Related Concepts
- Increase and Decrease in Demand and Expansion and Contraction of Demand
- Forms of Market Competition such as Monopoly, Oligopoly, Duopoly, Perfect Competition and Monoplistic Competition
National Income Accounting and Related Concepts
- Meaning and Methods to Compute National Income
- Key Variables of National Income like GDP, GNP, NNP, NDP etc
Indian Union Budget
- Revenue and Capital Budget
- Key Terminologies / Heads Covered Under the Budget
- Meaning of Fiscal Deficit
- Major Components of Revenue and Capital Budget
- Components / Variables Covered Under Fiscal Deficit
Indian Financial Markets
- Overview of Indian Financial Ecosystem
- Key Facets of Indian Financial System
- Growth of Financial Institutions
- Public and Private Sector Banks
- Industrial Finance Corportaion of India, Small Industries Development Bank of India
- Regional and Rural Banks
- Co-operative Banks
- Non-Banking Finance Companies
- Basics of Capital Market: Types of Shares and Debuntures
- Financial Assitance Scenario for Small and Medium Enterprises and Start-Ups
- Primary (Agriculture and Allied Activities)
- Secondary (Manufacturing)
- Tertiary (Services)
- Current Scenario of Agriculture and Allied Activities in India
- Agricutural and Industrial Policies in India
- Balance of Payments
- Components of Balance of Payments
- Favorable and Unfavorable Balance of Trade
- Foreign Investments in India – Types and Flows
Part B- Business Environment
- Government Initiatives to Foster entrepreneurship
- Need for entrepreneurship in India
- Bottlenecks in Entrepreneurial growth
- Overview of Business Environment
- Features and Factors Influencing Business Environment
- Types of Environment
- Ease of Doing Business Index by World Bank For India and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade for States
Key Government Institutions
- Basic awareness about various institutions and regulatory bodies in India such as NITI Aayog, SEBI, RBI, CCI, NCLT/NCLAT etc
Paper 4: Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
How is ICSI conducting CSEET as a Remote-Proctored Test?
– The candidates need to show a valid id proof and admit card at the time of examination.
– The candidates were required to login 15 minutes before the test.
– No candidates were allowed to login 15 minutes after the commencement of the test
– No candidate was allowed to complete the test before the expiry of 90 minutes
– Any candidate were not allowed to keep any book, study material, hand-written or printed notes, pager,e earphone, mobile phone, calculator, bluetooth device, smart watch, health band etc at the time of exam.
– Candidates were not allowed to use pen / paper and pencil at the time of the test.
– Any other person apart from the candidate were allowed at the time of the test. Furthermore, the candidates were not allowed to converse with anyone or read the questions / answers aloud.
– Candidates have to give the test from laptop only (mobile / table were not allowed).
– there were live proctors at the time of the test.
– The candidates were not allowed to take bio-breaks between the test.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam Pattern
For the May 2021 session, exam is going to be conducted in the remote-proctored test. Moreover, The Viva-Voce portion has been removed from the test and presentation and communication skills as a topic have been introduced in the entrance examination itself.
Check ICSI CSEET 2021 exam pattern given below.
July 2021 Exam Mode: Online Proctor Test
Duration: The duration is of 120 minutes
Type of questions: CS Executive Entrance Test is comprises of multiple-choice questions
No. of questions: There are total 140 questions in the test
Marking Scheme: Each question is of 01 or 02 marks. There is no negative marking in case of wrong answers.
Distribution of questions
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Business Communication||35 (15 x 2 marks and 20 x 1 mark each)||50|
|Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||35 (15 x 2 marks and 20 x 1 marks each )||50|
|Economic and Business Environment||35 (15 x 2 marks and 20 x 1 marks each)||50|
|Current Affairs||15 (5 x 2 marks each and 10 x 1 mark each)||20|
|Presentation & Communication Skills||20||30|
Viva-Voce Examination: This is conducted simultaneously with MCQ or immediately after CBT through online mode using Artificial Intelligence (AI) or through recorded videos at the exam centres
Nature of questions: This basically tests the listening, written communication and oral communication skills of the candidates.
Duration: It is of 15 minutes
Marks: Viva – Voce is of 30 marks in total
Note – In view of the Remote Proctored mode, the Viva Voce portion stands removed for the CSEET July 2021.
Important Books for CSEET 2021
The candidates can refer the books given below to prepare for CSEET 2021
|Business Communication||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning 2020||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Statistics for Business and Economics||Buy Here|
|Current Affairs Refresher 2020||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Buy Here|
ICSI CSEET 2021 Passing Criteria
To be declared as ‘Pass’ in ICSI CSEET, the candidates must obtain the following marks:
|Particulars||Percentage of Marks|
|Each Paper||40% marks|
ICSI CSEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility conditions to apply for ICSI CSEET 2021.
- The candidates must have passed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent.
- All graduates / post-graduates can also apply
Who all are Exempted from CSEET?
The candidates who have passed CS Foundation Programme are exempted from CSEET examination without any payment of exemption fee.
All those candidates who have passed the final examination of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and / or The Institutes of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) are exempted from CSEET. However, these candidates need to pay Rs 5000 as exemption fee at the time of registration to CS Executive Programme.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Admit Card
ICSI CSEET admit card can be downloaded online from icsi.edu. To download ICSI CSEET 2021 admit card, the candidates have to enter their unique request-id and date of birth. ICSI CSEET admit card specifies the details like:
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s roll number
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Exam date
- Exam timings etc
On the day of the examination, the candidates need to carry the printed copy of the admit card and a valid id proof to the exam centre.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam Centre
Below mentioned exam center is not valid for conducting exam in May 2021 session, due to exam is going to be conducted in remote proctored mode.
|ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam Centre||ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam Centre|
|Dehradun||Delhi – North, West, South, East|
|Kolhapur||Kolkata (North & South)|
|Mumbai (CG)||Mumbai (GTK)|
Objective of CSEET
CSEET is being conducted to attract the meritorious students and test their aptitude CS profession. Selecting the students through CSEET shall enhance the quality of future members to meet the quality expectations of the industry and regulators.
Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is a premier national professional body that has been constituted under an Act of Parliament i.e. Company Secretaries Act, 1980. The institute has been set up to regulate and develop the profession of Company Secretaries. It provided quality education to Company Secretaries and maintains the best quality standards for CS members. The institute follows the motto, “Speak the Truth Abide by the Law”.
Official Website: icsi.edu
Frequently Asked Question on ICSI CSEET 2021
Ans. The official website for ICSI CSEET 2021 is icsi.edu.
Ans. CSEET stands for CS Executive Entrance Test.
Ans. Usually, In CSEET, the candidates have to first appear in CBT and then, a viva-voca examination is held. But on account of Covid 19 pandemic precautions, CSEET is going to be held in remote proctored mode and the Viva Voce portion has removed for May 2021 session only.
Ans. Yes, CBT and Viva-Voce examination are conducted on the single day only.
Ans. The candidates appearing for CSEET must get an aggregate of 50% in CSEET.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in CSEET.
Ans. CSEET result is valid for one year from the date of declaration.
Ans. To appear for CSEET, you are required to have the admit card and a valid id proof.
Ans. The final score of CSEET is calculated according to marks secured in both CBT and Viva-Voce examination. The final score is calculated out of 200 marks.