ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Exam Pattern – National Testing Agency (NTA), New Delhi, conducts the ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 in the month of September 2022 and to do well in this examination, candidates can follow the ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Exam Pattern which is released on the official ICAR website i.e. icar.nta.ac.in.
It covers details regarding the examination, syllabus issued by ICAR and other important details. The examination is held via a Computer Based Pattern and held for a duration of 150 minutes. Candidates inspiring to get a good university for ICAR PG courses must do well in the ICAR AIEEA PG examination and for this, candidates must be thorough with the exam pattern. From this article, candidates can get complete details regarding the ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Exam Pattern, how to prepare and important books and much more.
ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Exam Pattern
Examination pattern covers several aspects of the ICAR AIEEA PG Exam. It helps candidates understanding the mode of examination, the time duration allotted to candidates, number of questions asked, weightage for each question and so on.
For a more detailed overview of the ICAR AIEEA PG Exam 2022, candidates can follow the below mentioned table.
|ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Specification||ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Overview|
|Name of the examination||Indian Council of Agricultural Research All India Entrance Examination for Admission|
|Also known as||ICAR AIEEA|
|Counseling conducting body||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Exam conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Examination||National|
|Participating Universities||64 State Agricultural, Veterinary, Horticultural and Fisheries Universities (SAUs)4 ICAR-DUs, viz. IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE4 Central Universities (CUs) having Faculty of Agriculture (BHU, AMU, Viswa Bharati and Nagaland University)|
|Mode of ICAR AIEEA exam||Computer-based|
|Level of Examination||National|
|Duration of examination||Two and a half hour (120 minutes)|
ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Exam Pattern
ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 is a computer based examination which consists of multiple choice papers. The objective paper I contains a total of 150 questions with each question carrying +4 marks. To solve all these questions, candidates will get a total of 150 minutes. Maximum marks a candidate can score in this examination 600 marks. Paper II is basically a cross matching section in which candidates will be asked 10 questions with each question carrying +2 marks.
ICAR has placed a -1 marking in Paper I and -2 marking in Paper II for all incorrect answers.
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture, Mathematics|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Question|
|Language||Hindi and English|
|Total Marks||160 questions (150 MCQs and 10 Match queries)|
|Maximum Marks||650 maximum marks|
|Marking Scheme||04 marks will be awarded for each correct MCQ Answer|
02 marks will be awarded for each correct MCQ Answer
|Negative Marking||01 mark will be deducted for each incorrect MCQ Answer|
02 mark will be deducted for each incorrect MCQ Answer
ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Syllabus
ICAR officials release the official AIEEA PG syllabus on their official website. This can be accessed by all candidates via online means. Analyzing syllabus is the most important part of candidate’s preparation. It helps students understand the topics which are important to study and the topics which can be avoided.
Students can download the link mentioned in this article to easily download the official syllabus for AIEEA PG 2022.
For PG Courses, follow the syllabus mentioned below.
- Plant Biotechnology:
- Respiration and Transpiration
- Elements of Economic Botany
- General Structure and Function of Carbohydrate
- Nucleic Acids
- Structure and Metabolic Functions of Carbohydrates
- Genetic Engineering
- Dry Matter Partitioning
- Harvest Index of Crops
- DNA Replication
- Physical Science:
- Principle of Nutrient and Water Management
- Structure and Function of Plant Cells
- Periodic Classification of Element
- Fats and Liquids
- Weathering of Rocks and Minerals
- Causes of Poor Aeration
- Soil Classifications
- Sugarcane and Their Management
- Physiological Limits of Crop Yield and Variability about Ecological Optima
- Integrated Farming Systems
- Principles of Crop Ecology and Crop Adaptation
- Economic Importance
- Medicinal & Aromatic Plants
- Water Management
ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Important Topics
To score good marks in their ICAR AIEEA PG Exam, candidates must take all the important topics from the syllabus and study them more thoroughly. This job can be made easier by following the table mentioned below containing all important topics.
|Biology section||Living World, Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Animal Life, Unit of Life, Continuity of Life, Diversity of Life, Origin and Evolution of Life, Organisms and Environment, Application of Biology, Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Plant Life.|
|Physics section||Physical World and Measurement, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Electromagnetic waves, Properties of Bulk Matter.|
|Chemistry section||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Mole concept, Gaseous and liquid states, Hydrocarbons (Classification of hydrocarbons), Thermodynamics, Surface chemistry, Adsorption, Colloidal State, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties.|
|Mathematics section||Sets and Functions, Linear Programming, Algebra, Mathematical Reasoning, Coordinate Geometry, Statistics & Probability, Calculus, Statics, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Dynamics|
|Agriculture||Agro meteorology, Genetics, and Plant Breeding, Biochemistry and Microbiology, Livestock Production, Crop Production and Horticulture|
ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Important Books
Candidates can follow the below mentioned table to know more regarding important books which help in scoring more marks.
|General Agriculture for ICAR Examinations||Jain Brothers|
|ICAR Syllabi (BSc Agriculture)||Dr. Rajeev Bairathi and R.K. Gupta|
|Objective Agriculture Science||U.D. Charam and J.V. Patil|
|Indira’s Objective Agricultural Extension||Dr. Lalita Gaur|
|BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam 2021||Arihant Experts|
|BSc Agriculture Entrance Exam||Dr. Lalita Gaur|
ICAR AIEEA PG 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below mentioned tips and tricks prepared by our experts to score well in the ICAR AIEEA PG Exam 2022. These tips are as follows.
- First step of preparation must be analyzing the official syllabus released by ICAR. Based on this analysis, candidates can figure out the topics which are included and the topics which aren’t. Candidates must study the topics which are included and ignore the ones which are not, this is known as smart work.
- Candidates must make a proper study timetable based on which topics which are difficult can be covered first, topics which are easy can be given less time. This will also allow candidates to get enough time for revision.
- Solving previous year question paper and sample question papers is an important practice. This would make candidates comfortable with the examination pattern and help them with revising topics which have been covered. Solving previous year question papers will also help students in understanding the level of difficulty of questions asked by ICAR.
- Lastly, candidates must ensure to keep their physical and mental health in check. Candidates can play sports, meditate for this. Candidates should also ensure to take a good night sleep of at least 8 hours.
Instructions for ICAR AIEEA PG OMR sheet
To avoid any mistake while filling the OMR Sheet, candidates must follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Candidates must use a black ball point pen for marking answers. Use of gel pens is strictly prohibited to avoid any smudging.
- Circles mentioned in the OMR Sheet should be completely filled. Avoid making any dot or cross as it will not be considered.
- Do Not write anything on the OMR sheet.
- Do Not fold the OMR Sheet.
- Always mark only a single option. Marking 2 or more options will result in making the question NULL.
- Check whether the invigilator has signed the OMR sheet as only signed OMR sheets are considered by ICAR.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is a self-overseeing body in India that organizes horticultural schooling and exploration. It reports to the Ministry of Agriculture’s Department of Agricultural Research and Education.
Its leader is the Union Minister of Agriculture. It is probably the biggest organization of agrarian exploration and instruction establishments on the planet.
Ans. ICAR AIEEA PG Exam pattern helps students in understanding the mode of examination, the time duration allotted to candidates, number of questions asked, weightage for each question.
Ans. Candidates must solve the entire paper within 150 minutes which is the allotted time limit.
Ans. Yes. If candidates make any mistake, a penalty of -1 mark will be given for MCQs and -2 marks will be given for match the following questions.
Ans. Candidates can score a total of 650 marks which are divided into 600 marks and 50 marks.