|IBSAT 2020||Registration||Login||Admit Card||Result||Syllabus|
IBSAT 2020 registration ends today (21 Dec)! APPLY NOW
IBSAT 2020 – ICFAI Business School has conducted the IBSAT exam on December 26 and 27, 2020. The result will be announced in January 2021. However registrations are still open for IBS Admission 2021 on the basis of CAT, GMAT, and NMAT by GMAC scores. Get here complete details on IBSAT 2020 including exam date, registration, application form, admit card, result, cut offs.
IBSAT is the MBA entrance exam for MBA / PGPM programs at IBS Hyderabad, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai, IBS Pune, IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur campuses.
Important dates for IBSAT 2020
|IBSAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Application form starts||01 Jul 2020|
|Last date to apply||21 Dec 2020 |
|Admit card release date||17 Dec 2020|
|IBSAT 2020 Test Dates||26 – 27 Dec 2020|
|Result declaration||1st week of Jan 2021|
|Selection Briefings||09-17 Jan 2021|
|Last day to apply with CAT / NMAT by GMAC / GMAT scores||31 Jan 2021|
|Selection Process for MBA/PGPM Program||February – March 2021 at IBS Hyderabad|
IBS Registration 2020-2021
The IBS registration cum application form is available in the online mode. The official website to fill the application form is ibsindia.org. To fill the application form candidates can follow the steps below:
Steps to apply for IBSAT 2020:
- Step 1: Access the direct link to apply online over the official website, or simply click here.
- Step 2: Next candidates have to complete the profile section by entering all details asked.
- Step 3: Thereafter candidates have to preview their information and check that all details are correct.
- Step 4: Pay the application fee in online mode. On successful payment of the Application Fees, candidates receive their application number and password on their registered email id and phone number.
- Step 5: Login using the application number and password. Then they need to select the program to apply for admission and enter pas academic records.
- Step 6: Upload the scanned images and submit the application form.
Application fee: The application fee is Rs. 1800/-.
Documents to be uploaded in the online application form: Scanned passport-sized photo as per the specifications below:
|Specification of Image||Description|
|Format||JPEG / GIF|
|Size||less than or equal to 25 KB|
|Pixels||140 – 160 pixels approx.|
IBSAT 2020 Result
The result for IBSAT 2020 releases on the official website. To check the result, candidates have to log in using their application number and password. The result of candidates who appeared for IBSAT is calculated based on the performance of the candidates in the test.
Consequently, candidates qualified based on IBSAT 2020 / CAT / GMAT / NMAT by GMAC are called directly for the selection process at IBS Hyderabad campus. For GD and PI candidates have to be available physically at the intimated center.
Courses Offered and IBS Campuses
Notes for MBA / PGPM
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of Rs.50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce domicile certificate from the Tahsildar/MRO/ Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
Note for PhD
- Full Time PhD students have to pay only Rs. 40,000 towards admission fee. They get full waiver of tuition fee of Rs. 60,000 per semester for 8 semesters subject to academic performance.
Placements at IBS
The placement date for 2020 is given in the table below:
|Campus||Placements||Avg. CTC||Highest national CTC||Highest international CTC|
Selection Process of IBS
The selection process of IBS, consist of the following stages:
Stage 1: Appear for IBSAT 2020
The candidates who have GMAT / NMAT / CAT scores do not need to appear for IBSAT 2020 and can move to stage 2 if selected.
Stage 2: The candidates have to appear for GD and PI
The selected candidates after stage 1 are called for are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The selection is totally based on the scores of IBSAT 2020 or GMAT / NMAT / CAT.
Stage 3: Final admission
The final admission is given on the basis of past academic record and performance of the candidates in GD and PI.
Selection Briefings after IBSAT 2020
What is Selection Briefings? – The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into Programs and processes at IBS. Selection Briefings will be conducted at 40 locations from Jan 9 – 17, 2021.
When is the selection process conducted?
- MBA Program – Candidates qualified based on IBSAT2020/ CAT/GMAT®/NMAT by GMACTM are called for the Selection process at IBS Hyderabad campus scheduled from February / March 2021.
- Ph.D Program – Candidates qualified based on IBSAT2020/ CAT/GMAT®/NMAT by GMACTM are called for the Selection process at IBS Hyderabad campus scheduled from month of March 2021
What does the selection process comprises of? – Group Discussion, Personal interview.
Fee Structure of ICFAI Business School
The fee structure of IBS is given below:
|IBS Campus||Fee per Annum |
(Rs. in Lakhs)
|IBS Hyderabad (MBA)||7.02|
|IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur||2.835|
|IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Mumbai, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Kolkata, IBS Pune||4.005|
IBSAT 2020 Admit Card
Last year, IBS provided IBSAT slot booking option pre-exam. It may happen this year as well. If slot booking is provided, then candidates have to first book test slot and then download admit card of IBSAT 2020. The candidates have to use their application number and password to download the admit card.
Via the admit card candidates are allotted their exam date and time. On the day of the exam the admit card is to be carried in printed format. On the admit card, candidates can check the allotted exam date and time of the exam as per which the students have to appear in the exam. The admit card is not sent via post and must be downloaded online.
IBSAT 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the syllabus for IBSAT 2020 examination below.
Mode of the exam: IBSAT 2020 shall be an online proctored exam.
Duration of the Examination: The exam duration is 2 hours.
Question Type: All the questions in the paper are multiple choice questions (MCQ).
Language of the paper: The language of the paper is English
|Section||No. of Qs|
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30|
Important Books to Prepare for IBSAT 2020
The candidates can check below some important boos to prepare or IBSAT 2020 exam:
|IBSAT 2020 Important Books||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Buy here|
|Mathematics for MBA entrance exam||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
|Objective English 6e: For Competitive Examination||Buy Here|
IBSAT 2020 Eligibility
The candidates must be eligible to apply for IBSAT 2020. To check the eligibility criteria for MBA / PGPM and Ph.D courses, read below:
MBA / PGPM courses
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
- Applicants in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements before May 31, 2021.
Ph.D in Economics
- Graduation with 50% and above marks and Post graduation in Economics or allied discipline with 55% and above marks.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 17 years of education (on 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis).
Applicants who have completed their graduation/ Post graduation on one time sitting basis or on part-time, distance mode or online mode are not eligible for a Ph.D. program of IBS Hyderabad.
Ph.D in Management
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
- Post Graduation in Management with specialization in Marketing / Finance / Human Resource Management / Operations with 55% and above marks, or
- A Professional qualification like CFA/ CA/ CWA/ CS with 55% and above marks, or
- Postgraduation (full-time) in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or in an allied discipline from a UGC recognized University in India or abroad with 55% and above marks.
About ICFAI Business School (IBS)
IBS was established in the year 1995. IBS has its different campuses located in Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Pune, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, and Jaipur. Candidates can take admission in these IBS Campuses through various national level management entrance exams like CAT/GMAT/NMAT and IBSAT. IBS provides the right knowledge, imparts the right skills for enduring success in management careers, and it also shapes the right attitudes of the candidates.
Download IBSAT 2020 notification: Click here
IBSAT 2020 FAQs
Is IBSAT a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
Yes. IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to all programs.
What does the selection process comprise of in IBS?
Admission based on the IBSAT score and then Group Discussion and Personal interview. A candidate with GMAT / NMAT / CAT does not have to appear for IBSAT and are called for GD and PI directly.
What is the difficulty level of IBSAT 2020?
The IBSAT question paper is designed on a moderate to hard difficulty level. As there is no negative marking unlike other MBA entrance exams, the questions are on a little bit of a more difficult level.
Is it necessary to take MBA entrance exams such as CAT, before applying for IBSAT?
No, it is not necessary to take any other MBA entrance exam such as CAT before applying for IBSAT. Only a graduation degree is the minimum qualification that is a prerequisite for IBSAT.
MBA Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|