HSEE 2021: IIT Madras has released application status at hsee.iitm.ac.in. Next, the HSEE admit card will be released on 12 May, a hsee.iitm.ac.in. Then exam will be held on June 13. Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) is being organized by IIT Madras for admission to 58 seats in 5-yr Integrated MA programme in IITM. It is an entrance exam after class 12. Check here complete details and latest news of HSEE 2021 including exam date, registration, syllabus, exam pattern, past year papers, admit card, answer key, result.
HSEE 2021 Exam Dates
IIT Madras has announced all exam dates related to the Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination.
|Starting of registration||01 Feb 2021|
|Last date to submit the form via online mode payment||31 Mar 2021|
|Last date to submit the form via offline mode payment||16 Mar 2021|
|Application status can be checked from||31 Mar – 30 Apr 2021|
|Availability of admit card||12 May – 13 Jun 2021|
|Exam date (9.00 AM – 12.00 PM)||13 Jun 2021|
|Availability of candidate’s responses||21 – 23 Jun 2021|
|Announcement of result||28 Jun 2021|
|Offer letter can be downloaded from||30 Jun 2021|
HSEE 2021 Application Form
Application form status of HSEE 2021 has been released. Apply Here.
The candidates can fill HSEE 2021 application form, and check status online at hsee.iitm.ac.in. Check the important points of HSEE 2021 application form given below.
- Make sure the contact number entered in the application is correct as IITM displays the SMS regarding admission events on the registered mobile number.
- Before filling the application form, check all the eligibility requirements.
- The application form must be complete in all respects. The incomplete forms are liable to get rejected.
- Enter the details in the form very carefully as false information might also lead to rejection of the form.
- Upload the clear images of photograph, signature and documents along with the application form.
- After the submission of the application form, the candidates can check the status of the form.
- The editing of details can be done before the payment of the application fee (if any).
Application Process: Registration >> Enter the details in the application form >> Upload the images and documents >> Pay the examination fee >> Download the acknowledgment slip
Application Fee: The candidates must note that the application fee is non-refundable. Check the amount given below.
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 1200|
|For all other candidates||Rs 2400|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card (Online mode) OR Indian Bank Challan (Offline mode).
HSEE 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam consists of two parts.
|Parts||Topics from which questions are framed||Weightage||Time||Mode|
|I||English||25% questions in part 1||2.5 hours for complete part I||Online|
|Analytical and Quantitative Ability||25% questions in part 1|
|General Studies||50% questions in part 1, with four sub-parts|
|II||Essay on General topic which includes description, or / and reflection or / and discussion||–||.5 hours for complete part I||Online, but you can chose to answer offline if you select that option at time of downloading admit card|
Mode of the exam: The exam is held in the online mode.
Note: To attempt Part II, the candidates can use the keyboard and type the answer of the essay in the question paper. However, if the candidates wish to attempt the essay question in pen-paper based mode, then they have to request this while downloading the admit card by clicking on the suitable option
Duration: The total duration of the exam is 3 hours, where 2.5 hours is for Part I and 30 minutes are for Part II
Note: One-hour compensatory time is provided to PwD candidates with 40% disability or more (50 minutes for Part I and 10 minutes to complete Part II).
Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in Part I and Essay question in Part II.
Language of the question paper: The question paper is available only in English language
Marking scheme: There might be negative marking in case of incorrect answers in Part I
HSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Indian and Foreign Nationals can apply for HSEE 2021. Check the eligibility criteria given below for HSEE 2021.
Age Limit: As per the information brochure, the candidate must have been born on or after 01st October 1996. However, if a candidate belongs to SC / ST / PwD category, then their birthday should falls on 01st October 1991.
Educational Qualification: To apply for HSEE, candidates must have qualified any one of the below given qualifying examinations:
- Class 10+2 board exams, as conducted by the Central or State Board and recognized by Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or 2 year Pre-University exam conducted by a Board or University recognized by Association of Indian Universities
- Final exam of the 2-year course of Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- HSC Vocational Examination
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by NIOS with minimum of 5 subjects
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or from a foreign country recognized as equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities
- Class 12th skills courses of CBSE
- General Certificate Education (GCE Examination) at the Advanced (A) level (Cambridge, London or Sri Lanka)
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Other Important Points
- If in case class 12th is not a public examination, then the candidates must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier
- All those candidates who have completed class 12th or equivalent examination outside India or from a Board not given above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the exam they have passed is equivalent to class 12th exam.
Who are treated as Foreign Nationals?
HSEE 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be released on 12th May.
HSEE admit card releases online, at hsee.iitm.ac.in. The candidates can download HSEE 2021 admit card by entering their registered email id / login and password.
- The admit card is released for only those candidates who have successfully submitted the application form (includes payment of application fee).
- After the availability of the admit card, the candidates have to check all the particulars mentioned in it and see whether they are correct or not. If in case, there is any discrepancy, the candidates must contact the Chairman of HSEE 2021 through email / fax / phone.
- HSEE admit card bears the details like name and address of the candidate, category, date of birth, photograph, name and address of the allotted exam centre etc.
- On the day of the examination, it is mandatory to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre. Any candidate appearing in the exam centre without a valid admit card is not granted permission to write the examination.
- Note that HSEE admit card is an important document and must be preserved until the end of HSEE 2021 admission process.
Note: The candidates are advised not to take mobile phones, calculator, iPod, iPad, headphones, abacus, textbooks, slide rule, notebooks, geometry box and other electronic devices and means of calculation inside the examination hall.
Books Recommended for HSEE 2021
The candidates can refer the books given below to prepare for HSEE 2021.
|IIT Madras Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE)||Buy Here|
|HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES ENTRANCE EXAMINATON (HSEE) with topic wise analysis and previous solved papers||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Buy Here|
|Analytical Reasoning (2018-2019) Session by MK Panday||Buy Here|
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
HSEE 2021 Exam Centres
IIT M shall make every attempt to allot the exam centre as per candidate’s first choice but in extreme cases, it is possible that the exam centre is allotted according to the candidate’s second choice. Keep in mind that under no circumstance, the request for the allotted exam centre is entertained.
- Candidates have to submit 2 choices for two choices for exam centre in the application form.
Check the list of HSEE 2021 exam centres given below.
HSEE 2021 Answer Key
The answer key will be available after the exam on 13 June.
IIT Madras releases HSEE answer key for Part I at its official website, hsee.iitm.ac.in. The candidates can cross-check their answers and calculate the scores with the help of the answer key.
Along with the answer key, the response sheet is also released. To download HSEE 2021 answer key, the candidates have to log in to their account. Once the provisional answer keys are displayed, the candidates can send their feedback (if any) on the candidate’s portal itself.
HSEE 2021 Result
The result will be announced on 28th June.
The candidates can check HSEE 2021 result at hsee.iitm.ac.in, as performance cards. Separate performance cards shall not be sent to the qualified candidates. The candidates can check their HSEE 2021 resul by entering their email id / login id and password.
- The rank list is prepared according to the marks obtained in HSEE 2021.
- A common rank list is prepared for the candidates who secure at least 50% in HSEE 2021.
- Separate rank lists are prepared for the candidates belonging to categories like GEN – EWS, OBC – NCL, SC, ST and PwD.
To be included in the rank list, the candidates need to secure the following percentage of marks in HSEE 2021.
|GEN – EWS and OBC – NCL||45%|
|SC and ST||25%|
What After Declaration of HSEE 2021 Result?
After the declaration of HSEE 2021 result, the offer letters are uploaded on the official website for those candidates who have successfully qualified HSEE 2021. Every qualified candidate have to submit a Physical Fitness Certificate issued from a medical practitioner in a prescribed format.
This physical fitness certificate is uploaded along with the offer letter of admission. Only those candidates are admitted into the course who are physically fit for pursuing the course.
Seat Reservation for HSEE 2021
Check the seat reservation criteria for HSEE 2021 given below.
|GEN – EWS||10%|
HSEE 2021 Seat Intake and Allocation of Seats
There are total 58 seats for MA programme at IITM.
|Integrated MA in Development Studies||29|
|Integrated MA in English Studies||29|
Allocation of Seats: The allocation of seats to each stream is done according to the performance of students during first 3 semesters, preferences of the students and availability of seats in each discipline.
IITM Fee Structure 2021
The candidates who qualify HSEE 2021 are required to pay the following fees during the admission.
|Particulars||Indian Nationals||Foreign Nationals|
|One Time Payment||Rs 3,550||Rs 18,500|
|Semester Fees||Rs 11,400||Rs 3,07,900|
|Refundable Caution Deposit||Rs 2,000||Rs 2,000|
|Estt, A Charges||Rs 6,000||Rs 6,000|
|Gymkhana Fee||Rs 1,500||Rs 1,500|
|Medical Insurance Premium||Rs 1,600||Rs 1,600|
|Refundable Hostel Deposit||Rs 3,000||Rs 3,000|
|Hostel and Other Fees #||Rs 21,115||Rs 21,115|
Other Important Information
- SC / ST / PwD students are exempted from paying their tuition fees of Rs 3,000 per sem irrespective of the parental income.
- # – This in the table above includes the advance mess fee of Rs 19,365 per sem
About Integrated MA Programme
- The programme has been designed in such a way the students are exposed to ideas and perspectives.
- The first two years of the curriculum are common and then they are branched out into two streams.
- A unique feature of this programme is the involvement of Engineering, Science and Management Faculties in offering innovative courses in collaboration with the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences. This collaboration with other departments is visualized through the dissertation.
- In the programme, the knowledge is imparted on Indian Economy, Culture, Literature, Philosophy, Society and Public Society.
- There are also opportunities for learning foreign languages like German, French and Chinese.
About IIT Madras
IIT Madras was established in the year 1959. It is an institute of national importance. IITM offers quality education in Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, Management and Technology at UG / PG level. It is a public and technical university located in Chennai.
The academic environment at the institute promotes all round and holistic development of personality, self-confidence, discipline, professionalism. The academic programmes of IITM have a credit based system.IIT Madras has been ranked as a top engineering college by NIRF for 5 years in a row (2016-2020).
|Information Brochure||Download Here|
|GEN-EWS Form||Download Here|
|OBC-NCL Form||Download Here|
|SC or ST Form||Download Here|
|PwD Form||Download Here|
|Dyslexia Form||Download Here|
|Scribe / Compensatory Time Letter||Download Here|
|GEN-EWS Letter||Download Here|
|OBC-NCL Letter||Download Here|
Phone: (044) 2257 8220
Fax: (044) 22578224
Frequently Asked Questions on HSEE 2021
Ans. The official website for HSEE 2021 is hsee.iitm.ac.in.
Ans. There are 2 parts in HSEE 2021.
Ans. No, you cannot fill the application form via offline mode.
Ans. After qualifying MA programme, the candidates can take admission in Integrated MA in Development Studies and Integrated MA in English Studies.
Ans. Yes, you can do so but you have to click on the suitable option at the time of downloading the admit card.
Ans. No, the scorecard will not be sent to the candidates via post.
Ans. A common rank list is prepared for the candidates who secure at least 50% in HSEE 2021.
Ans. No, re-grading or re-totaling is allowed.