HPU MCA 2022: The Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) conducts a written entrance exam for admission into the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course. The exam is held once a year. It is a written test. Admission into MCA course is done on the basis of the merit of this written computer application entrance exam. Those candidates who have done Graduation with 50% marks from an established university of India can apply for this exam. To qualify this entrance exam, the candidates must attain the qualifying marks specified by the official authority. After the conduct of the test, the qualified candidates need to take part in the counselling. Check more details about HPU MCA 2022 from this page such as application process, exam pattern, syllabus, fee structure etc.
HPU MCA 2022
Latest – The details for HPU MCA 2022 will be available soon at hpuniv.ac.in.
Overview of the HPU MCA 2022
Check the overview of HPU MCA 2022 from the table given below.
|Name of the Exam||HPU MCA 2022|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Written exam)|
|Duration of exam||1:30 hours (90 minutes)|
|Official website||hpuniv.ac.in, hpuniv.nic.in|
HPU MCA 2022 Important Dates
The official dates are yet to be announced. The following table is of tentative dates based on the previous years. The table will be updated as soon as the official announcement is made.
|Application commencement||to be announced|
|Application last date||4th week of Jun 2022|
|Release of the admit card||to be announced|
|Date of exam||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||4th week of Aug 2022|
HPU MCA 2022 Eligibility criteria
To apply for HPU MCA 2022, the candidates must have any one qualification provided below.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) or B.Sc. (Computer Science) or B.Sc. (IT) or BA (Computer Science) or BA (IT)
Any graduate with 20-24 credits in the subjects of computer
Any graduate with a minimum of 6 courses of computer studied in Graduation can also apply.
Minimum Qualifying Marks: The candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) in the qualifying exam from a registered Indian university.
Age Limit (as on the 1st of July of the year concerned)
- General category: 26 years
- SC/ST category: 29 years
- Female candidates: 28 years
HPU MCA 2022 Exam Pattern
Before attending any competitive entrance examination like the HPU MCA 2022, the candidates should be well-versed about the pattern of the exam, i.e., what kind of questions will be asked, how many questions will be asked, and other details like that. Given below is an overview of the HPU MCA 2022 exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode
- Duration: 90 Minutes (1.5 hours)
- Total marks: 100
- Medium of Exam: English
There are three main sections from which all the questions are asked in HPU MCA 2022. The section-wise split-up of marks is as given below:
|General logical ability & aptitude||20|
|Mathematics of+2 level||20|
Cut-off: The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Examination will be 35% i.e. 35 marks out of total of 100 marks.
HPU MCA 2022 Syllabus
Knowing the syllabus is a very important aspect of preparation for the HPU MCA 2022 entrance exam. The Syllabus consists of 3 sections from which all the questions are asked.
- General logical ability & aptitude
- Mathematics of +2 level
- Computer Awareness
HPU MCA 2022 Application Form
The HPU MCA Application form will be released on the official website. Candidates are required to fill it via online mode only. Candidates should complete the following steps to register successfully and become eligible to appear for the HPU MCA 2022 exam:
Step 1- Registration: All eligible candidates must first complete their registration on the official website in order to fill the application form. Candidates are required to give a few basic details to complete the registration.
Step 2- Fill up the Application Form: Now, the candidates should enter their personal, educational, and other asked details. These details should be filled with utmost care as they cannot be edited later.
Step 3- Upload the Required Documents: Candidates have to now upload their scanned photograph and signature in the application form. Both of them should be uploaded according to the required specifications.
Step 4: Lastly, pay the application fee
Documents required to fill the application form: Candidates must be ready with the following documents to fill the HPU MCA 2022 Application form:
- Scanned copy of candidate’s recent photograph (Passport size, Color)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature (Either blue or black pen)
- Scanned copy of applicant’s Father/Mother signature (Either blue or black pen)
- 12th Certificate/ Marksheet
- Caste certificates (if applicable)
Specifications for Photograph and Signature:
|Candidate’s photograph||Size: Max 100 kB Format: JPG/JPEG|
|Candidate’s Signature||Size: Max 100 kB Format: JPG/JPEG|
|Applicant’s Father/Mother signature||Size: Max 100 kB Format: JPG/JPEG|
|Marksheet/ Certificate||Size: Max 2 MB Format: PDF|
- For General category: Rs 1000
- For SC/ST/IRDP/ANTODAYA/EWS: Rs 500
Candidates can submit the application fee through Challan or Online mode.
- Challan mode: The candidate has to select the bank and click on the “generate challan” option. After that candidate has to download the Challan and submit the same to the selected bank. Then, the bank will give a reference number for the challan so that the candidates can log in again and submit their reference number under the “Submit reference number and application form” option.
- Online Mode: Candidate can also pay the application fee online mode via Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
HPU MCA 2022 Admit Card
The details regarding the HPU MCA Admit card is given below.
- The hall ticket will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid ID proof along with the admit card to the exam center.
- No candidates will not be permitted to appear for the written test without admit card.
HPU MCA 2022 admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the applicant
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Photograph and signature
- Exam date and time
- Address of the examination center
HPU MCA 2022 Result
- The HPU MCA 2022 result will be declared on the official website. No separate result card will be sent to the candidates. The candidates can check the result pdf from hpuniv.ac.in. Details like roll number of the candidates and the marks obtained by the candidates are mentioned in the result.
HPU MCA 2022 Counselling
The Counselling sessions will commence after the publication of the merit list. It will be held on the HP University campus. The candidates can check the official website for the results and the schedule of the whole counselling process.
The candidate is required to attend the counselling in person along with all the original documents required. A candidate is required to submit the original testimonial of the following documents:
- Proof of Age (Matriculation/ 10th class certificate)
- 10+2 certificate
- Graduation certificate having certificates of all semesters/ years.
- Category certificate i.e. SC/ST/IPDP/Antodaya, if applicable
- Single Girl child affidavit in original, if applicable
- H.P. bonafide certificate, if applicable
- Certificate of Physical handicapped, if applicable
- Certificate of EWS, if applicable
HPU MCA 2022 Seat intake
Check the seat intake given below.
|Subsidized seats||30+02+02=34||02 seats reserved for Single Girl Child; |
02 seats reserved for J&K migrants
|Non-subsidized seats||90+03=93||03 seats for Wards of H.P. University Employee|
|Total number of seats for MCA||90+30+03+02+02=127|
- Note: There are 10% additional seats reserved for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category for admission. If these seats remain vacant than these seats neither be filled with other category nor will be carried forward.
Fee Structure for HPU MCA 2022
As per University rules, the tentative detail of Annual fees to be charged from the MCA students
every July of the year concerned.
|Year||Subsidized Fee- Boys (in Rs.)||Subsidized Fee-Girls (in Rs.)||Non-Subsidized Fee- Boys/Girls (in Rs.)||Mode of Payment|
- In addition to above, the following dues also are to be deposited by the students:
|Year||Under Subsidized seat-Boys/Girls |
|Under Non-Subsidized seat- Boys/Girls (in Rs.)||Mode of Payment|
The Himachal Pradesh University, named after the state of Himachal Pradesh, was founded on
22nd July, 1970. The University is situated at Summer Hill, a suburb of Shimla. It is well connected through rail, road and air. This University is catering to the academics and research needs of students in the areas covering Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Bio-Sciences, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management Studies, Education, Law, Languages, and Performing Arts & Physical Education etc. All the colleges in the territorial jurisdiction of Himachal Pradesh are affiliated to this University.
FAQs on HPU MCA 2022
A. The HPU MCA 2022 exam is a state-level exam.
A. The HPU MCA 2022 exam is conducted every year.
A. No. the HPU MCA 2022 exam will be conducted in offline mode.
A. No. The results will not be sent via post.
A. The test is of total 100 marks.
A. You need at least 35 marks out of the 100 marks.