HPCET 2021 Result
HPCET 2021 Result is expected to be announced by the May / Jun 2021. The result is announced online at himtu.ac.in. To check the result, the candidates need to either enter their HPCET 2021 roll number or their name. On the basis of marks and rank in the exam, candidate are granted admission in HPTU or affiliated colleges. Check more details regarding HPCET 2021 result from this page such as its process to check, details mentioned in it, tie-braking criteria etc.
The candidates must note that HPCET result card is not sent to the qualified candidates via post or email. The candidates can only check their respective results from the official website. Check the table given below to know about the important dates related to HPCET 2021 result.
HPCET 2021 Result
|HPCET 2021 Result||Dates|
|Exam date for BHMCT / B.Sc (HM & CT) / BBA / B.Tech / B.Pharm /|
B.Pharm (Ayurveda) / BCA
|2nd week of May 2021|
|Exam date for PG courses||2nd week of Jun 2021|
|Result for UG courses||3rd week of May 2021|
|Declaration of result for PG courses||3rd week of Jun 2021|
Check Result Here: The candidates can check HPCET 2021 result as per the schedule given above at himtu.ac.in.
HPCET 2021 Result Date
The result for HPCET is usually announced within 7-15 days after the conclusion of the exam. It is expected that HPTU will announce the result in the same pattern only.
Last year, HPCET was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so the rank cards were also not issued and the admission was done on the basis of national level exam or performance in the qualifying exam.
However, in the years before, pattern of announcing the HPCET result has been as follows:
|Year||Exam Date||Result Date|
|2019||11 and 12 May and 08 & 09 Jun||30 May and 15 June|
|2018||12 & 13 May||28 May|
|2017||13 & 14 May||27 May|
Compilation of HPCET 2021 Result
The result for HPCET is compiled in the following way:
Raw scores: To calculate the scores, the marking scheme specified by HPCET is followed. Check the marking scheme given below.
- + 01 / 02 marks are added for each correct answer (as per the subjects).
- – 0.5 / 02.5 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
Rank: According to the marks secured in HPCET 2021 the rank is allotted to the candidates. According to the rank only, admission is granted in the particular course.
HPCET 2021 Tie-Breaking Criteria
If two or more candidates obtain the same marks in HPCET 2021, then the following tie-breaking criteria shall be followed to resolve the ties.
B.Tech / B.Pharmacy / B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda)
- Firstly, the marks in Physics of HPCET 2021 are considered and the candidate with higher marks is ranked higher
- If the tie still exists, then the marks in Chemistry subject of HPCET 2021 shall be considered
- If the marks in Physics and Chemistry are same, the marks in the third must be eventually the same. In that case, 10+2 marks shall be considered.
- In case of a still a tie, the older candidate is given preference.
- First of all, the candidates with higher marks in Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability (Section A) will be placed higher.
- Then, if the marks are still the same, then the marks in Logical Ability and Reasoning (Section B) shall be considered.
- If the tie still exists, then the marks in English (Section C) will be taken into account.
- Then, the marks in GK and Business Awareness would eventually be the same, In such a case, marks in 10+2 shall be considered.
- If the marks of the qualifying exam are also the same, then the date of birth shall be considered and the older candidates will be placed above.
- Initially, section A marks in HPCET 2021 will be considered (English)
- If the tie is still there then, the marks in Section B shall be considered (Logical Ability & Reasoning)
- Next, marks of Section C (Computer Awareness shall be considered)
- If the tie still exists, then the marks in class 12th are considered
- In case of still a tie, the age of the candidates will be considered and older candidates are given a better rank.
BHMCT / B.Sc (HM & CT)
- First of all, marks in General English (Section A) in HPCET 2021 will be considered
- Next, in case of a tie GK Marks shall be taken into account
- In case of still a tie, marks in Section C shall be considered
- If the tie is still there, marks in class 12th will be taken into account
- If the tie does not break, then date of birth will be considered and the older candidate is given preference.
- Click here to check tie-breaking policy for PG courses.
How to Check HPCET 2021 Result?
HPCET result is released in the form rank card. Check the steps given below to download HPCET 2021 result.
Step 1: First of all, click on the direct link of the result given above.
Step 2: A new window will open after following the step given above.
Step 3: Next, enter the HPCET 2021 roll number as mentioned in the admit card OR enter your name in the space provided.
Step 4: Now, click on the ‘Find result’ button.
Step 5: Lastly, download the rank card displayed on the screen and take its printout for future reference.
Details Mentioned in HPCET 2021 Result
The details mentioned in HPCET 2021 result are:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Father’s name
- Name of the programme
- Marks obtained
- Maximum marks
HPCET 2021 Counselling
The candidates who qualify the entrance test are required to appear for HPCET 2021 counselling. Last year, the counselling for HPCET took place in the online mode. Check the counselling process given below.
Fill the online counselling admission form: The candidates are required to fill the HPCET 2021 online counselling admission form first. Here, the candidates have to do the choice filling as well as upload the documents for verification.
Check seat allotment: Next, the candidates are required to check the seat allotment result uploaded on the official website.
Reporting at the institute: The candidates who are allotted seats are required to report at the allotted seat for the confirmation of admission and for the completion of other admission formalities.
HPTU Seat Reservation 2021
Check the seat reservation criteria given below. It is given as per last year’s information brochure
|All Indian quota seats||15% of the total sanctioned seats|
|HP state quota seats||65% of the total sanctioned seats|
|Seats for Non-Resident Indians||5% of the total sanctioned seats|
|Tuition Fee Waiver Seats (TFW)||5% of the total sanctioned seats|
|Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of |
Indian Workers in Gulf Countries
|15% of the total sanctioned intake|
|Kashmiri migrant||2 seats in each institution|
|Lateral Entry seats (2nd year B.Tech)||10% over and above the |
|Lateral Entry seats (2nd year B.Pharm)||As per PCI / AICTE norms|
Click Here to seat intake of HPTU.
HPTU Fee Structure 2021
The fee has to be paid in two installments at the beginning of the each semester. Check the fee structure for UG and PG courses offered at HPTU given below.
Institution Wise Tuition Fee Per Annum
|Name of College||Course Available||Fees|
|J.N. Govt. Engineering College, Bechhhandhar, Sundernagar||B.Tech||Rs 30,000|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Govt. Institute |
of Engineering & Technology
|Govt. Engineering College at Kotla, Tehsil Rampur||B.Tech||Rs 30,000|
|Govt. PG College, Dharamshala||MBA||Rs 30,000|
|Abhilashi College of Pharmacy||B.Pharma||Rs 59,000|
|College of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Education, |
|Shiva Institute of B.Pharmacy, Village Luhnu||B.Pharma||Rs 45,000|
|Gautam Institute of Management &|
- Click here to check detailed HPTU fee structure.
Note: The fee structure is given as per last year’s information.
About HPCET 2021
Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET) is an entrance examination that is conducted by HPTU for the admission into various UG and PG technical and professional courses. HPCET is held in the offline mode. It consists of multiple-choice questions.
The candidates who qualify the entrance test are offered admission in the courses like B.Tech / B.Pharm / MBA / MCA / M.Pharm etc in the HPTU or the colleges affiliated to the university.
Himachal Pradesh Technical University is a state university situated at Hamirpur, Himachal. It was established in the year 2010. The university has been established with the aim of value creation and for the welfare of society through technical education training, research and innovation.
The university offers short term as well as long term programmes. The key core value of the university is academic freedom that is stated in the Constitution of India. Various colleges are affiliated with the university such as:
- Green Hills Engineering College
- L.R Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Dev Bhoomi Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru Govt. Engineering College
- Rajiv Gandhi Govt. Engineering College
HPCET 2021 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. No, HPTU will not send the rank card via post. It can be downloaded from the official website only.
Ans. You can check HPCET 2021 result at himtu.ac.in.
Ans. Yes, HPCET 2021 rank card is an important document and has to be produced at the time of counselling.
Ans. The rank for HPCET is determined according to the marks obtained in the entrance examination or national level tests (as the case may be).