How to Prepare for Pearl Academy Entrance Exam – To pass with flying colors, students can read out the tips and tricks on how to prepare for Pearl Academy Entrance Exam 2022. To appear in the same, students can apply on the official website i.e. pearlacademy.com. It is one of the most well-known design schools with its own admissions process organized into cycles. After clearing the written entrance exam and the interview stage, candidates can get admission to Pearl Academy’s numerous UG, PG, and Diploma programs. This entrance examination is required for those who are interested in fashion design, product design, or interior design. In this article, we will learn a few tips and look at the Pearl Entrance Test 2022, exam pattern, curriculum, relevant books, and other resources to help you crack the exam.
How to Prepare for Pearl Academy Entrance Exam – Section – Wise
Candidates can check out the section wise preparation tips from down below.
- GAT, General Proficiency Test: This test will assess one’s proficiency in the English language, reading comprehension, quantitative ability and logical reasoning. For this, read books, newspapers and solve mock tests for quantitative aptitude.
- DAT, Design Aptitude Test: In this test, one’s skills, knowledge, creativity, analytic and design sensibility, observation, lateral thinking, general awareness, and perception will all be evaluated. To do well on this test, you must have an excellent understanding of general knowledge and current events.
- MAT, Media Aptitude Test: There are situation-based and PR-based questions in this test, as well as report writing, scriptwriting, and Visual Ads/Documentary. Therefore, one should continue to practice and enhance their creative writing abilities.
How to Prepare for Pearl Academy Entrance Exam 2022 – General Tips and Tricks
Following are some preparation tips for the Prince Academy Entrance Exam.
- Before you begin preparing for the test, you should refer to the exam’s curriculum.
- Prepare a decent timetable based on your daily routine, and be sure to cover all of the syllabus subjects.
- Refer to the best study material/books and other resources available on the market or on the internet.
- Practice with previous year’s question papers and mock tests to have a clear understanding of the exam format.
- Read newspaper and current-affairs daily.
- Make a list of all the relevant subjects on the syllabus, write down short notes, and go over them again at the end of your preparations.
- Avoid all kind of stress and anxiety and concentrate solely on your studies.
Pearl Academy Entrance Exam 2022 Pattern
The exam pattern for the Pearl Academy Entrance Examination 2022 is as follows.
Mode of the Exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT).
Medium of the exam: The exam will be conducted in the English language.
Type of Questions: The questions are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
Duration of the exam:
|Name of the Test||Duration||Stream|
|GPT and DAT||1 hr 30 minutes||Design Stream|
|Only GPT||1 hr||Business Stream|
|GPT and MAT||1 hr 30 minutes||Media & Communication (Journalism & Entertainment)|
|Personal Interview & Portfolio Review||30 minutes||Design Stream|
|Personal Interview & Portfolio Review||30 minutes||Business Stream|
|Personal Interview & Portfolio Review||30 minutes||Media Stream|
Personal Interaction & Portfolio Review:
- Campus City Applicants (Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Jaipur, Bengaluru): In-person interview at Pearl academy Campus
- Outstation Applicants: Online interview
- The interview process will include a portfolio presentation and conversation.
Note: There is no negative marking in the Entrance Exam Process.
Distribution of marks: The below-mentioned detail is as per last year’s record.
- General Proficiency Test, (GPT)
|Sections:||No. of Questions:||Maximum Marks:|
|English Language Ability||15||15|
- Design Aptitude (DAT) – There are four questions of twenty-five marks in each section:
|Skill and Knowledge||25|
|Analytical & Design Sensibility||25|
|Observation and Lateral Thinking||25|
|General Awareness & Perceptions||25|
- Media Aptitude Test – There are four questions of twenty marks in each section.
|Ideation on branding or advertisement||20|
|Logo design or dialogues||20|
|Short report writing||20|
|Human behavior or visual elements||20|
Pearl Academy Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
Candidates must study the Syllabus in order to have a thorough understanding of the topics included in the examination. The curriculum for Pearl Academy Entrance Exam 2022 is listed below. Those who intend to appear for Pearl Academy Entrance Exam 2022 must finish the curriculum while studying for the tests.
- GAT (General Proficiency Test)– Logical reasoning, Language Ability, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Basic Mathematics and Proficiency in the English language related to comprehension, vocabulary, and expression.
- DAT (Design Aptitude Test),For fashion and design courses only– Creative aptitude, observational strength, imagination, sensivity to environment, and communication abilities.
- Personal Interaction & Portfolio Review– General awareness, creative and lateral thinking, logical reasoning and ability to analyze intellectual and creative power, portfolio evaluation, and material handling skills – for design stream
Important Books for Pearl Academy 2022 Preparation
Some important books for the preparation of Pearl Academy entrance exam 2022 are the following:
|Recommended Books||Link to Buy|
|Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis||Click here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by Dr. R. S. Aggarwal||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by Dr. R. S. Aggarwal||Click here|
|An Advance Approach To Data Interpretation For Competitive Examinations By R.S. Aggarwal||Click here|
About Pearl Academy
Pearl Academy is India’s foremost design, fashion, business, and media institute, and has been a catalyst for student achievement in the creative professions for the last 28 years. The college has campuses in Delhi-West, Delhi-South, Mumbai, Jaipur, and Bengaluru, and provides over 40 specialized courses. Candidates interested in design and styling field can choose Pearl Academy for their graduate and post graduate courses.