How to Prepare for NMAT 2022 – GMAC conducts the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) every year. NMAT is a university-level examination that has high competition as numerous students sit for the exam. Hence, it requires very thorough preparation. Candidates appearing for NMAT 2022 must be aware of everything ranging from the syllabus and exam pattern to the best books available for preparing for the NMAT 2022 Exam. Candidates must decide their exam strategy as well as make a scheduled study plan. The NMAT 2022 will be held from January 11 to 15, 2022 to grant admission to candidates in the MBA programs of various top-rank participating colleges. Candidates can check here to know important preparation tips and recommended book for NMAT 2022 preparation.
How to Prepare for NMAT 2022
Candidates can go through the following points for the exam day strategy:
- Read all the exam day guidelines carefully which will be printed on the backside of your NMAT 2022 admit card and make sure you don’t miss out on important documents or instructions released on the website.
- Students should wake up early and start revising on the exam day but make sure to get an adequate amount of sleep. This helps you cover last-minute topics.
- Attempt the questions you find easy first to save time and do not waste too much of your time on questions you do not know.
- Try to cover short notes of each chapter rather than studying the full notes that you have written. This will help you save time and make revisions quick.
- Make sure you manage your time well so as to complete every question in the time given only. Create a time management strategy before starting the exam.
- Try to attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking in the exam.
- Always think positively during and before the exam. A positive attitude can help you keep calm and believe that you can do well.
- It is a good idea to avoid other people who are stressed as that can affect you negatively. Try to go and study in a quiet place so that you can grasp as much information as before the exam.
Preparation Tips for NMAT 2022
Candidates appearing for the exam must practice and work hard as thorough and right preparation can result in good marks. The syllabus forms an essential part of the NMAT 2022 Preparation, so students must know the syllabus and study it accordingly to crack the exam. The preparation tips mentioned below are based on the topper’s strategy and given by experts and analysts to ace the NMAT 2022 examination. Candidates should refer to the tips given below for a detailed section-wise preparation strategy –
NMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Section Preparation
This section consists of a total of 36 questions with 40 minutes of time. Questions will be asked from topics like decision making, verbal reasoning, numerical grid, series, and family tree. Candidates need to keep the following points in mind while solving this section.
- Improve speed and accuracy: Verbal Reasoning is more time-consuming and lengthy than the Quantitative skills section. Candidates must practice MCQ’s well in order to gain speed and accuracy in this section.
- Never assume anything: As there are no standard formulae for this section, candidates must never assume or use any information that is not provided in the question. Students should practice previous NMAT tests to know the different question types. Students should pay special attention to words like ‘all’, ‘some’ or ‘none’. Other qualifying words like ‘other than, ‘only’ or ‘unless’ are also important.
- Use Venn Diagrams: Try to solve the questions by making suitable diagrams, especially in arrangement questions, or as a Venn diagram in syllogism questions.
- Practice is the key: Candidates must remember that the Logical Reasoning section cannot be prepared overnight. Practicing rigorously and thoroughly across different questions over a sustained period of time is the right approach to develop the required competence in this section.
NMAT 2022 Language Skills Section Preparation
This section consists of a total of 36 questions which should be completed in 28 minutes. Questions in this section will be related to prepositions, fill-in blanks, analogies, jumbled paragraphs, synonyms, and antonyms. A comprehension that usually contains 400 words is also asked. Candidates need to keep the following points in mind while solving this section.
- Read Newspapers to improve English: To improve both vocabulary and comprehension areas, students should pay special attention to the Editorial section of newspapers. This will help them to appreciate the contextual usage of words and also improve their comprehension skills.
- Create a Word List: Candidates must also refer to an authentic ‘word list’, containing the meaning and usage of words. It will be very useful in handling questions on synonyms, antonyms, and analogies, which are popularly asked in this section.
- Buy a Recommend Grammar book: Whenever the candidates have any doubts or a reference to a concept needs to be made, they can re-visit the rules and application of grammar from any reference book. Students can also refer to “High School Grammar” by Wren & Martin.
- Go through the whole syllabus and topics: Candidates should go through the whole English syllabus first to start preparations. This section can be very scoring if prepared well by the students. Usage of grammar topics like prepositions, determiners, connectives, and tenses need to be done correctly.
NMAT 2022 Quantitative Skills Section Preparation
This section consists of a total of 36 questions which should be answered in 52 Minutes. Data interpretation will have a (bar and Pi) chart questions, tables, and caselets. Apart from DI, questions from algebra, numbers, geometry and modern maths can be asked. Candidates need to keep the following points in mind while solving this section.
- Practice basics first: Students should start with the basics and ensure concept clarity on topics like fundamental properties, formulae, and number operations, such as odd and even, prime numbers, LCM and HCF, etc. before moving on to advanced concepts.
- Improve Mental Calculation Ability: The time constraints are high, candidate’s mental calculation ability has to be proficient. Further, familiarity with multiplication tables, squares, cubes, common fractions, and their percentage equivalents will also help them.
- Develop critical thinking: Candidates must develop critical thinking for this section by solving and practicing as many MCQs as they can. This will familiarize candidates with the different concepts and the logic behind every question.
- Discover and Analyze: Candidates should analyze each question and its solution hence, reaching or deriving conclusions. Students must learn to assimilate and utilize the information given to them to find their solutions.
- Mock Tests: Start taking online and offline mock tests a month before the actual exam. It will help the students to get an idea about the exam pattern and the level of questions.
NMAT 2022 Syllabus
Candidates should know the complete syllabus and topics for the NMAT 2022 Examination. Every topic is important and needs to be covered for the exam. Practicing questions every day with consistent efforts can help students ace the exam. Candidates can refer to the following section-wise syllabus for NMAT 2022 –
Logical Reasoning – Candidates can have a look at the following topics for this section:
- Linear and Circular Arrangements
- Blood Relation Questions
- Coding Questions
- Series Questions
- Direction Questions
- Alphabet Test Questions
- Input Output questions
- Matrix Type Questions
- Symbol Based Questions
- Other Reasoning Questions
Language Skills – This section is composed of the following topics and concepts:
- Applied Grammar
- Error detection
- Jumbled words
- Sequence of Ideas
- Reading Comprehension
Quantitative Skills – This section includes the following major and important topics:
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Other Questions on Arithmetic
- Permutation & Combination
- Coordinate Geometry
- Progression-Arithmetic, Geometric, Harmonic, Relationship
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagrams
- Geometry & Mensuration
NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
To prepare better for NMAT 2022, candidates need to know the NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern before planning and starting the exam preparations. The NMAT 2022 Examination will be held in the online remote proctored based mode only. Students can check the detailed exam pattern given below –
- Exam mode – The examination will be carried out in an online remote proctored based mode only.
- Type of Questions – There will be a total of 108 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) asked in the question paper with four options for each question.
- Duration of the Exam – The students will be given a total of 2 hours (120 minutes) to solve the question paper. The exam will be submitted automatically as soon as the time gets over.
- Language of Exam – The medium of the exam will be both English and Hindi Language.
- Marking Scheme – Students will be awarded 1 mark for every correct/right answer and no mark will be deducted for every incorrect/wrong answer.
Sectional timing is present. Students have to complete each section within the given time limit.
The question distribution for each of the three sections is given below for student’s reference:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Score Range||Time Limit(min)|
|Total||108 questions||36-360||120 minutes|
Best Books for NMAT 2022
Candidates must select good and recommended books for their NMAT 2022 preparation. A good book covers all the important and major topics. A lot of study material is available online but students should stick to 1 or 2 recommended books only as a lot of references can confuse them. Following are the books shared by the toppers and experts for the proper and thorough preparation of NMAT 2022:
|Official NMAT Practice Exam 1 (free)||Click Here|
|NMAT by GMAC Exam Official Guide||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT – Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT – Nishit Sinha||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT – Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition – Wren & Martin||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning by Ashok Gupta||Click Here|
FAQs on How to Prepare for NMAT 2022
Ans. Students should practice questions from each section and make a study plan or timetable to manage their time accordingly. Candidates can follow the points given in the article above to prepare properly for the NMAT 2022 Examination.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the NMAT 2022 Examination.
Ans. There will be 108 multiple choice questions asked in the NMAT 2022 Examination. Each question will have four options from which the students have to select one option.
Ans. The books mentioned in the article above are specifically designed to help the students appearing for the NMAT 2022 Examination in their preparation. Students can refer to these recommended books to study the major and important topics.
Ans. The NMAT 2022 Exam consists of a total of three sections are Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Skills, and Language Skills. Out of all the three sections, the Logical Reasoning section is the lengthiest, and questions in this section often consume more time.