How to Prepare for NIFT 2022 – To pass with flying colors in NIFT 2022, candidates can check out the tips and tricks on how to prepare for NIFT 2022 examination. NIFT 2022 exam is held in the pen and paper mode, in 33 test centers. If you aim to get admission in such a prestigious institution, your preparation should also be unparalled, for that it is important to prep up observation skills, practical skills. The qualified students are allotted seats into the UG and PG courses. The duration of UG courses is 120 minutes and for PG courses, it is 180 minutes. Scroll below to know to check out the tips and tricks to prepare for NIFT, exam pattern, syllabus and much more.
How to Prepare for NIFT 2022?
More than 3,00,000 students appear for the NIFT 2022 entrance examination every year. Some amount of hard-work is always required along with the smart work to ace the NIFT exam. You should be fairly thorough with the NIFT syllabus for the same. Following are some of the best tried and tested tricks that have enabled students to get into NIFTs, GIT’s in India.
Time Management- Make a time table with respect to the time available with you. Devote different days to prepare for different sections so that you ace in every section.
Improving Drawing skills- Candidates having a light hand in drawing can let themselves in for drawing classes, as it improves one’s skills over time and gives a person command and confidence over his/her drawing.
Understanding the exam pattern- try to devote as much time as possible on your weak points. Also work on improving your writing and solving speed.
Set goals on a daily basis– set your daily as well as on a weekly targets too. It helps to stay motivated . Also do not forget to track your daily progress as it is important.
Watch sketching and doodling videos– You-tube, It can give you an upper hand as it gives new ideas, improves your techniques and builds confidence.
Do not panic- Students often end up underperforming in the exam because of too much stress and pressure instead of taking it easy and calm.
Calmness and Composure is required to do a good attempt in the exam and secure good marks. Prepare you mind well.
Keep Stress at Bay – Tension is something which can’t be avoided on the exam day but mai hinder your preparation and ultimately affect your confidence on the day of the test. Try to be optimistic to keep yourself composed. Go in with a calm mind as it would make you comfortable and support you tremendously and keep you in a different place. Take a break from the preparation and engage in the things that make you more cheerful and take your stress away.
Expert Advice- Mentors can help you in your exam practice and also solve your queries about syllabus, exam pattern, tips for the exam day to guide your way and to prepare you for NIFT 2022. . In addition to clearing your confusion the mentors would also help you in building confidence for the exam day
Solve time based Previous year Question- Mocks, previous year papers and sample papers are necessary to understand time management.
How to Prepare For General Ability Test(GAT)?
Here is a subjectwise recommendation, on how to prepare for GAT test in NIFT 2022 examination.
1) Quantitative Ability: It comprise of questions based on basic operations of mathematics addition, multiplication, division, fractions, percentage, time, speed and distance ratio and proportion, etc. So basic knowledge and practice would be Enough.
2) Communication Ability: It is conducted to judge the language ability of the students. It consists of questions on synonyms, antonyms, singular, plural, substitutes, idioms and phrases, para jumbling and correct spellings etc
3) English Comprehension: It requires patience for in depth understanding of the passage and answering questions based on it. No specific way of practice is recommended. But reading on daily basis can definitely help.
4) Analytical Ability: It is aimed at testing the candidate’s and logic ability and reasoning from given information.
5) General Knowledge and Current Affairs : This section is based on recently happening or happened events and static important topics. Read newspaper daily to get regularly updated about global affairs.
6) Case Study: It tests your ability to handle different situations and make decisions for different circumstances. You can refer to past year questions for idea.
How to Prepare for Creative Ability Test(CAT)?
The creative ability test depends upon your creative skills, here are some tricks to ace it.
- For CAT (creative ability test) sketching skills are must. Try and work on your drawing skill.
- Try to solve past years question papers and draw as per what is required in the question and try to draw it within a time limit.
- To ace in CAT section ,creativity and consistency is required as it demands your presence of mind and creative skills.
- Keep on practicing unconventional sketches and give your mind enough room to develop new ideas as innovative things are appreciated.
- Give importance to detailing where ever required as it may not appear to be, but is the most significant part of your sketch.
NIFT 2022 Exam Pattern
Before starting your preparation for NIFT 2022, one must be aware of the NIFT exam pattern. Here is an overview of the same.
|Conducted by||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)|
|Type Of questions asked||MCQs( in GAT)|
|No of Sections In GAT||Total 5 sections as follows- (Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English, Logical Ability, and GK & Current Affairs|
|Number of questions In GAT|| 100 (B.Des)|
150 (BF.Tech, MF.Tech, & MFM)
|Time Duration for GAT|| 2 hours (GAT for B.Des & M.Des)|
3 hours (GAT for BF.Tech, MF.Tech, & MFM)
Important Books To Prepare For NIFT 2022?
The candidates can refer to these important books used by the toppers every year for the NIFT examination.
|Books||Links to Purchase|
|NIFT Previous Years’ Papers||Buy Here|
|NIFT-Exam Full Package||Buy Here|
|GK Capsule with Current Affairs 2021||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by Oswal||Buy Here|
|NIFT Situation Test Booklet||Buy Here|
|NIFT/Nata/Ceed/Uceed Entrance Books-Analytical Ability||Buy Here|
About NIFT 2022
National Institute of Fashion Technology, conducts NIFT entrance examination with a view to grant admissions to the aspiring candidates into courses such as B.Des / MDes / MFtech / BFtech etc. The exam is conducted offline and is divided into CAT / GAT / Situation Test and GD / PI as per the courses selected. With an aim of providing a superior learning experience and atmosphere in the field of design, technology, and management, NIFT provides some of the top-notch facilities that help the students to grow.