How to Prepare for NATA 2022 – NATA 2022 consists of only one section i.e., Aptitude Test. The whole syllabus of NATA 2022 revolves around drawing, observation, thinking skills, and mathematics. More than 30000 students appear for NATA every year which makes the exam very competitive so it is necessary for the aspirants to know about the right syllabus, correct study material, exam pattern, and preparation strategy to crack NATA 2022. We have provided this article, aspirants can go through this article to know more about How to Prepare for NATA 2022.
How to Prepare for NATA 2022
NATA 2022 comprises only one section i.e., the Aptitude test. Here we have provided all the information and tips about how to prepare for this section and the below table is about NATA 2022 Exam details.
|Competition||Every year about 30000 candidates appear for NATA.|
|Difficulty of Examination||Moderate-Difficult|
|Time required for Preparation||Minimum 6 Months|
|Eligibility criteria||Candidates who passed 10+2 from a recognized board.|
NATA 2022 Syllabus
NATA 2022 syllabus will be provided on their official website. The only main section in NATA 2022 is of Aptitude test. And the other topics from which questions may come are Mathematics and Geometry, Graphics and Imagery, General knowledge and Current affairs. Here we have provided the syllabus of NATA 2022.
- Diagrammatic Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Situational Judgment
- Logical Reasoning
- Abstract Reasoning
Drawing and visual composition
Here’s the list of important topics which lies under this section.
- Important visual principles in a composition
- Color scheme awareness and knowledge
- Graphical similarities and other properties
- Spatial intelligence
- Cognitive ability
- Spatial relationship between objects and visualize images and scenarios
NATA 2022 Consists of questions from Mathematics. Candidates should focus on basic mathematical problems such as the 10+2 level. Candidates should practice from NCERT books, previous year questions, and online mock tests. Here’s the list of a few important topics that lie under this section.
- Coordinate Geometry
- 3- Dimensional coordinate geometry
- Theory of calculus
- Application of calculus
- Permutation and combination
- Statistics and probability
NATA 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates can refer to the following information for preparation tips for NATA 2022 aptitude test.
- At first, one must understand the examination pattern, syllabus and marking scheme of NATA 2022.
- Cover the syllabus thoroughly. Focus on the portions of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability. Start studying the topics in which you’re good and that you understand better. This will help you in completing the syllabus more fast.
- Practice exercises as much as you can. Once you complete practicing the whole syllabus. Start giving Mock tests.
- Practice through last year question papers. This will help you in enhancing your speed and accuracy.
- Learn Shortcuts, tips and tricks it’ll help you in solving questions faster.
- Develop your Time management skills. Increase your speed and accuracy. As incomplete answers will not help you in NATA 2022.
- Focus on the important topics like Relationship- based questions, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Seating arrangements, Series completion etc.
- Read article, newspaper and editorials. Practice questions related to Verbal Ability. Important topics from this portion are- Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Para-jumbles, Sentence correction and completion.
- Answer sheets will be in the size of A4. So, it is advised to the candidates to practice in A4 sized paper instead of A3.
- Try to be Creative. Sketching and Creativity plays a important role in this entrance test.
- After completing the syllabus, Start the revision session. Candidates are advised to solve previous year question papers and sample papers. Try to give online mock tests. Analyse your accuracy and speed.
- Other than sketching, Candidates are advised to practice through online mock tests which includes aptitude test and some mathematics.
- Be confident and Do your best. Focus on the time management, Creativity, accuracy and speed during the examination.
Recommended Books for NATA 2022 Preparation
Here is the list of a few recommended books for the preparation of NATA 2022.
|NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani||Buy here|
|NATA & B.Arch complete study material: entrance examination – Ar. Shadan Usmani||Buy here|
|Architecture Entrance Aptitude Book by Wasim Khan||Buy here|
|P.K. Mishra – Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch||Buy here|
|B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kalimantan||Buy here|
|Algebra by RD Sharma||Buy here|
|A complete self-study guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination – Arihant Books||Buy here|
|Engineering Drawing by N.D.Bhatt and VM Panchal||Buy here|
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can refer to the following information for NATA Exam Pattern 2022.
|Mode of Exam||Online mode|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours|
|Total number of sections||Only one- Aptitude Test|
|Total number of questions||125 Questions|
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAQ)|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Marking scheme||The questions will carry 1 mark, 2 marks, or 3 marks|
FAQs about How to Prepare for NATA 2022
As per the latest exam pattern of NATA 2022, there will be a total of 125 Questions in the whole question paper.
The questions will carry 1 mark, 2 marks, or 3 marks.
Some books you can refer to and are recommended by Experts are – A modern approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal, How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma etc. Along with this, candidates are advised to prepare from the previous year’s questions and mock tests.
The total duration of NATA 2022 is 3 hours.