How to Prepare for MICAT 2022 – MICAT 2022 is one of the popular MBA entrance exams apart from CAT/XMAT etc. The preparation tips are based on section-wise preparation. However, to qualify for MICAT 2022 aspirants have to first clear CAT or XAT or GMAT. Section A and Section B are qualifying in nature. Candidates must have a clear vision, and must be aware of the current affairs, and must have an approach towards the quantitative, and reasoning ability. In this article, aspirants can check out different strategies on How to Prepare for MICAT 2022.
How to prepare for MICAT 2022
In this section, we have provided strategies of how to prepare for the following sections-
- Psychometric Test
- Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interprepration, General Awareness, Divergent and Convergent Thinking.
- Descriptive Test Section
How to prepare for Psychometric Test?
The best thing while preparing for the psychometric test is you don’t have to revise anything. Section A of MICAT is the Psychometric Test section. In this section, there will be three types of the sections:
- Questions based on Human Traits
- Open-Ended Questions.
- Questions based on two contradictory statements.
Hence, there is no set formula to prepare for Psychometric Test.
Preparation Strategies for Psychometric Test
- Be spontaneous while attempting the questions.
- Get familiar with the types of questions that are likely to be asked.
- Overcome your nerves.
- Learn tips to make sure that you perform best.
MICAT 2022 Preparation Tips for Psychometric Test
- Sit somwhere which is quite and calm.
- Take a pen, pape, and calculator.
- Take the tests on laptop or calculator.
- Log on with plenty of time ahead, close down all other windows and maximise the test window.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Start attempting the questions. Read the question thorughly before answering.
MICAT 2022 Preparation Tips for Verbal Ability
Develop the habit of reading. Read at least 20 pages every day from any novel. The more you read, the more you master English.
Focus on master topics such as Para Jumbles, Reading Comprehension, Statement assumption, statement- conclusion, etc.
MICAT 2022 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Ability and Data Interprepration
- Focus on the arithmetic topics such as Time and Speed, Time and Work. Average, Allegations and Mixtures.
- Try to complete one topic each day along with the formulas related to it.
- Also, pay attention of the following topics – Profit and Loss, Numbers, Venn Diagrams, Functions, Probability, Mensuration and Equations.
- To enhance your accuracy, start solving mock tests to evaluate your performance.
- Memorize the formulas and jot down for quick revision.
MICAT 2022 Preparation Tips for Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- This section tests any candidate’s analytical ability or a combination of logical reasoning and verbal reasoning.
- Focus on statement assumption and conclusion questions more.
- Take mock tests everyday to check your performance.
MICAT 2022 Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- The General Awareness section covers static GK and current affairs topics from business and, advertising.
- Candidates must keep themselves informed in both national and international current affairs.
- Go through the current affair books and start reading newspapers to stay acquainted with the events happening around the world.
How to prepare for Descriptive section?
The Descriptive Test section is divided into two parts. The first part is ‘Argument or Opinion Writing’ and the second part of the descriptive test is ‘Creative Writing.’
- To prepare “Argument Based Questions” pick a topic and write points for and against it. Then draw a conclusion. Doing this once a week can improve your writing.
- n the creative writing section, four pictures will be given for candidates to connect them and write a story out of it. The word limit is 300 words.
- Pick any four images and try to create a logical statement or story out of it.
- This helps a lot in improving braodway thinking and creativity.
MICAT 2022 Overall Preparation Tips
- Firstly, one must be aware of all the sections of the MICAT. Each section comprise of separate marks.
- The syllabus is not specific, therefore one has to have knowledge about the current scenarios of the world and think out of the box. One must be updated with the current scenarios.
- Read newspapers and editorials regularly. This will help you to put the points in a certain way.
- Be aware of your surroundings, what’s good and bad.
- Try to think out of the box, tey solving brainstorming questions to exercise your brains. Go through various images and try to connect it.
- For aptitude, try solving mock tests and previous year papers.
- GK is mostly business oriented. Focus on the CEOs, Advertisement Gurus, Acquisitions, Sports related, Awards etc.
- Try solving the previous year papers of MICAT, and other MBA exam papers daily. This will enhance your accuracy to attempt the questions.
MICAT 2022 Recommended Books
Here, the aspirants can check recommended books section-wise. Hence, the list of the books for reference and preparation are-
|Subject/Section||Book Name||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal||Click Here|
|Verbal Ability||Mastering the Verbal Ability by Ajay Singh||Click Here|
|Psychometric Test||Psychometric Tests for Dummies by Liam Healy||Click Here|
|Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasonings by RS Agarwal||Click Here|
|Psychometric Test||Practice Psychometric Tests: How to familiarise yourself with genuine recruitment tests by Andrea Shavik||Click Here|
|General Awareness||Manorama Yearbook||Click Here|
MICAT 2022 Syllabus
The MICAT Exam has 3 sections as mentioned above. However, the second section is divided into four sections. The section-wise MICAT syllabus 2022 can be checked below.
Psychometric Test Syllabus
- Candidates have to answer multiple-choice questions.
- The questions are subjective and there is no fixed syllabus.
- However, the questions are mostly related to the candidate’s personality, thinking ability, personality, strengths, and weakness etc.
- The time duration of the psychometric test is 25 minutes.
Aptitude and Data Interpretation Syllabus
- Permutations and Combinations
- Bar graph
- Solid Geometry
- 2D and 3D Geometry
- Line graph
- Modem maths
- Coordinate Geometry
- Mixture & Solution / Allegations
- Pie chart
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Ratio & Proportion
- Man days & works
Verbal Ability Syllabus
- Usage of Parts of speech; tenses; conditional
- Syntax of Vocabulary Usage
- Jumbled Sentences
- Sentence Correction and usage
- Sentence Completion
- Use the appropriate words
- Cloze Test
- Spot the Errors
- Phrasal Verbs
- Use of Antonyms; Synonyms and idioms
- Fill in the blanks
- Corrections of grammatical errors
- Reading Comprehension passages
General Awareness Syllabus
The General Awareness section is extremely vast and can contain questions on both Static GK and Current Affairs.
The list of the expected topics from which the questions can be asked is-
- Current Affairs
- Business Brands and Media
- Companies and their owner
- Sports News
- Advertising and Marketing
- Indian Constitution
- Science and Research
Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Visual Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
- Word Association
- Statement- Assumption
MICAT Syllabus 2022 – Descriptive Test
In the descriptive test, four questions will be asked and there is no negative marking. This section aims at the candidate’s perspective on a particular topic, knowledge, creativity, and thoughts, etc.
MICA 2022 Exam Pattern
- It is an online test conducted in two phases – December and January.
- There are only 4 questions in the descriptive section.
- A deduction of 0.25 for verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, general awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR) sections. However, there is no negative marking except for the Section-2.
- Each candidate who applies to MICA with CAT/XAT/GMAT must appear for MICAT.
- The entrance test includes both objective and subjective questions.
FAQs on How to Prepare for MICAT 2022?
Answer- A deduction of 0.25 for verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, general awareness, and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR) sections. However, there is no negative marking except for Section-2.
Answer – The sections are – Verbal Ability (VA), General Awareness (GA), Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCR), Descriptive and Psychometric Section.
Answer- The General Awareness section of the MICAT 2021-22 exam carries 20 questions as per the new exam pattern.
Answer- It is possible to attempt both MICAT 1 and MICAT 2 in a single year. A higher score will be considered.