How to Prepare for IGNOU B.Ed 2022 – “The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today’s work superbly well” – Sir William Osler. The success formula is Universal – working with discipline and dedication towards our goals. No matter in what field we are, no matter what targets we set for ourselves, we can achieve anything in life if we have perseverance. Choosing a career for oneself is an important decision that one makes very early in life. It is righteous to say that one thinks about the career during school days only. One such dream is to become a teacher and later serve the nation. For those who aspire to become a teacher, appearing for IGNOU B.Ed 2022 entrance exam can take you one step forward to achieving that dream.
IGNOU conducts an entrance exam for admission into B.Ed, and the candidates who qualify for the exam are eligible for admission to the university. The entrance exam has 100 objective questions from various topics. Each question carries one mark, and there is no negative marking for the wrong questions.
Recommended: IGNOU B.Ed 2022 Syllabus
How to Prepare for IGNOU B.Ed 2022?
IGNOU B.ED entrance exam requires a well-prepared strategy to clear the test. Aspiring candidates can read some basic but important preparation tips concerning IGNOU B.Ed 2022 Entrance Exam here.
- Build the habit of reading daily newspapers to prepare for Current Affairs and General Awareness Topics. The Hindu or Dainik Jagran would serve the purpose.
- Improve vocabulary by reading various editorials published in English Magazines and Newspaper Daily to solve the comprehension questions in the question paper.
- Solve at least 10-12 previous years question papers. This would help one get familiar with the type of questions that are asked in the exam.
- In the last few weeks before the exam, focus more on giving mock tests and paper-solving as it would help you to get accustomed to the exam pressure.
Subject Wise Preparation Strategy for IGNOU B.Ed 2022
Given below is a detailed subject-wise preparation strategy for IGNOU B.Ed 2022. Applicants can read the tips below to have an idea of preparing each topic precisely for the exam.
Preparation Tips For General English
- Read basic rules for the grammar-related topics and solve questions related to these topics regularly.
- Solve English quizzes which are available for free on various sites and exam preparation applications.
- Develop a habit of reading English newspapers like The Hindu or The Indian Express to know the everyday happenings as well as to strengthen your sentence transformation.
- Improve your vocabulary by reading and learning antonyms and synonyms for the words regularly.
Preparation Tips For Teaching Aptitude and General Awareness
- Read the e-newspapers, in case you’re not able to read traditional hard-page newspapers.
- Read a monthly magazine published by a renowned coaching institute for current affairs.
- Make a note of important news which are relevant as per the demand of the syllabus. That will help you to revise these at the last moment.
- Give mock tests for teaching aptitude and understanding the format of the questions that are asked in the exam.
- Solve questions from various teaching aptitude books.
Preparation Tips For Logical And Analytical Reasoning
- Solve section-wise mock tests for all the topics and increase your speed.
- Know your strength beforehand and solve those questions first.
- Take weekly assessment tests to improve yourself.
Part B: Preparation Tips For Subjects (of student choice)
Section B of the paper is where you can give your best and increase your chances of selection.
- Go through the syllabus and sort the area of a chapter from which questions are frequently framed.
- Solve previous year’s question paper to know the pattern of a shift in questions if any.
Last Minute Revision Tips for IGNOU B.Ed 2022
Here are some of the final tips which one should keep in mind before going to appear for the exam. Applicants should not leave any stone unturned and give their best to come up with flying colors in the exam.
- Revise all that you have learned, and don’t keep things for the last moment.
- Do not panic and keep yourself relaxed the day before the exam.
- Visit your exam center a day before to avoid any problem on the exam date.
- Revision is the key. Therefore, do not learn any new topic in the last few days but revise what you have already learned.
IGNOU B.Ed 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can find the exam pattern for IGNOU B.Ed 2022 Entrance Exam from the table given below.
|Sections||Maximum Marks||No. of Ques|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|General English Comprehension||10||10|
|General and Educational Awareness||25||25|
|Teaching-Learning & the School||25||25|
|Section B: Subject Awareness: Science/Mathematics/English/Social Studies||20||20|
The syllabus provided above is in line with the B.Ed entrance exam 2021-22. IGNOU does not release any official syllabus for the entrance exam.
Preparation Books for IGNOU B.Ed 2022
There are various books available which one can look up to for the IGNOU B.Ed exam. Given below are some of the books which one can refer to for the preparation for this education entrance exam.
|B.Ed Entrance Exam Guide(Popular Master Guide)- |
RPH Editorial Board
Check Price Here
|IGNOU B.ed Entrance Exam Guide -Arihant Experts||Check Price Here|
|15 Practice Sets IGNOU B.ED Entrance Exam||Check Price Here|
|Ignou B.Ed Entrance Exam- Lal||Check Price Here|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Useful for All Competitive Exams||Check Price Here|
|Objective General English||Check Price Here|
Recommended: Best Books for IGNOU B.Ed 2022
FAQs on How to Prepare for IGNOU B.Ed 2022
Answer: Yes. 6 months are sufficient to prepare for the entrance exam if you have a good preparation strategy.
Answer: Yes. The syllabus is more likely to be the same in other B.Ed exams as well.
Answer: Solve as many questions as you can. Focus on your strong points and if you don’t have enough time to prepare for all the topics, choose only those which you can solve with accuracy and speed.
Answer: No. IGNOU does not release any syllabus for the entrance exam. However, you can always refer to the previous year’s questions for the same.
Answer: Read Newspapers/ Magazines for at least 30 minutes a day to polish your reading skills and vocabulary.