How to Prepare for IBSAT 2021- Every year nearly thousands of candidates appear for IBSAT so the right preparation is very important for the students to succeed in the IBSAT 2021. IBSAT 2021 is going to be held on 25 – 26 Dec 2021 so very little time is left for the preparation of IBSAT 2021. It is advisable to start the exam preparation a few months before to complete all the possible topics. In this article, candidates can find information for section-wise preparation strategy, best books for IBSAT, syllabus of IBSAT 2021, and etc.
How to Prepare for IBSAT 2021
One of the best ways to prepare for IBSAT 2021 is by attempting the IBSAT mock test. IBSAT has launched a national mock test whose pattern is similar to the IBSAT exam. Candidates who want to appear for the IBSAT are advised to attempt the mock test. The link to register for the mock test is given below.
Section-Wise Preparation of IBSAT 2021
For Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension –
- Make a daily reading habit of some very good books of good vocabulary.
- Read English News-papers everyday, it will improve you English.
- You can also listen English Documentaries, stories, Podcasts or movies. It will also help to learn new english words through it.
- Your Basics of Grammar should be very clear to get a proper sense of the language.
- While reading if you don’t understand any word, find the meaning of it at that time only.
- Practice as many RC’s as you can.
- Try to speak in English language as much as you can to also improve your verbal English.
For Quantitative Aptitude –
- Try not to use calculators while solving the questions, as it will help to improve your solving skills in mathematics.
- Solve as many questions as you can if you want to improve your mathematical section.
- Learn a lot of tricks and shortcuts which will help to improve your efficiency.
- Try not to learn any new topic at the last moment as it will create a lot of confusion.
- Instead of memorizing the steps try to understand each step.
For Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation –
- Try to learn some shortcut methods so that the questions can be solved quickly.
- Learn all the basic concepts of graphs like line graphs, pie charts, etc.
- Try to read all the questions very carefully as it can happen that you numbers can be written incorrectly so the whole answer can be wrong.
- Do not avoid this section and as it is a very scoring section and you can increase your score.
- Solve as many question as you can to gain a good speed while solving the questions.
General Preparation Tips for IBSAT 2021
- Solve previous year question papers very well and check the answers of it. It is advisable to solve atleast last ten previous year’s paper.
- Take as many mock tests as you can specially before one month of the exam. Take more than 30 mock tests.
- First see all the syllabus and write what topics are most important ones.
- Make schedule according to it devoting the most amount of time to the tough topic.
- Try to cover as much syllabus as you can.
- Make some revision notebooks and write all the notes in them like the formulas, new english words, etc.
IBSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
IBS Hyderabad has released the IBSAT exam pattern 2021 on the official website. Candidates can refer to the following table for the same.
- The duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
- There are four sections.
- One Mark is awarded for correct answer
- No mark is deducted for incorrect answer.
- Type of questions- Multiple choice questions
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30||30|
IBSAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can refer to the following information for the section-wise IBSAT 2021 syllabus. This information is based on the mock test available on IBSAT official website.
Syllabus for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – English grammar, Comprehension passage, Vocabulary, Para-jumble, Syllogisms, etc.
Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude – Arithmetic Progression, Percentage, Time and Work, Average, Co-ordinate Geometry, Discount, Quadratic and linear equation, etc.
Syllabus for Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation – Tables, pie-charts, Data Sufficiency, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and effects, Column graphs, Linear Arrangements, etc.
IBSAT 2021 Books to prepare
Candidates can refer to the below-mentioned table for the best books for IBSAT. These books are based on the information available in the IBSAT topper interviews.
|Books Name||Buying Link|
|How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT by Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma||Click Here|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K Sinha||Click Here|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency by Ananta Ashish||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay||Click Here|
About IBSAT 2021
IBSAT is IBS Aptitude Test is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education. It is conducted for the candidates who want to seek admission in MBA programs. It will be conducted in Online Mode. It is an easy to moderate level of the paper. The exam is conducted once a year. It gives admission to 9 University Business Schools.
Apply for IBSAT 2021 – Click Here
FAQs about How to Prepare for IBSAT 2021
6 months are best to prepare for the exam and make the most use of it.
You can read some good books and daily English newspapers and you can also learn new words every day to enhance your English.
There are four sections – Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, and Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation.
Yes, you can prepare and score good marks without coaching by making a good preparation strategy and by studying every section daily.
The level is easy to moderate and it is possible to get a good score with a good plan.