CMAT 2022 Preparation: If a student is preparing for CMAT 2022, then he/she must be knowing that it is the most popular MBA entrance exam. Every year, the NTA conducts the exam to offer admissions into 1500 B-Schools. Students who are qualifying for the exam, get into the most prestigious schools in India. However, the CMAT Aspirants must start preparing for the exam six months in advance. Otherwise, the vast syllabus and course make it difficult to grasp in an ample amount of time. So, in this article, we will take you through the CMAT Preparation Strategies with recommended books and exam patterns. Therefore, go through it carefully.
CMAT Exam Preparation 2022
Students who are appearing for the exam must have knowledge about the syllabus and exam pattern. These are the two most essentials required in exam preparation.
- The Common Management Admission Test is computer-based.
- The duration of the entrance test is 3 hours. Additional 30 minutes is given for the new section.
- A total of 125 questions are asked in the exam.
- Sections included in the entrance exam- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness, Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- For each correct answer, 4 marks are awarded, and there is a negative marking of -1 mark for every wrong answer.
CMAT Section-Wise Marking Scheme
Candidates can check the section-wise distribution of marks below.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks/Question||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||4||100|
How to prepare for CMAT 2022: QA, SI, LR, English, GK, IE
Now that you know the exam pattern, and syllabus the next thing to do is to prepare for the exam. Aspirants must create a proper schedule and refer to good books for reference. Here are some CMAT Preparation Tips that will help you to get good scores.
- Start to priortise the topics first. Target the topics which you find difficult to memorise and understand.
- Plan a schedule. Keep a goal of finishing the chapter within 1 to 2 days. Once the chapter is completed, start solving the questions. This will help you to build the concepts properly.
- Do not skip to new topic before completing the previous one.
- Also, try to take subject-wise mock tests online to evaluate your performance and enhance your accuracy to attempt the questions.
- Keep a record of your marks in the test to check your improvement graph.
- The General Awareness is the easiest section of all. So, prepare for it at the end of this phase.
- Read newspapers and current affairs everyday to stay updated with the current situation of the world.
- Once, the syllabus preparation is complete, start solving the previous year question papers. This will help you to understand the difficulty level of the question paper.
- Keep a month for revising the topics. In the revision phase, just follow the notes and important points. Do not start anything new, this will just make you confused.
- Maintain a good healthy routine. Take short naps and medidate to improve your concertration level.
CMAT Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative aptitude is termed the toughest section. Therefore, the aspirants must put special attention to it. Pick one topic of arithmetic on a daily basis and start solving them. Students who are starting from scratch can first start with percentages, averages, interest, time, and work, ratios, mixtures, and allegations, etc. Try solving mock tests at the end of the day to increase the accuracy. Here are some recommended books for CMAT Quantitative Aptitude.
|Books||Author||Link to shop|
|How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal||Click Here|
|The Complete Reference Manual For CMAT 2021||Col. JS Rana, S Satyanarayan, and S.K Sinha||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission Into IIMs||Sarvesh K Verma (Arihant)||Click Here|
CMAT Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning
Logical Reasoning is another most difficult section in the CMAT. The questions are a combination of aptitude and reasoning. Therefore, pay special attention to the topics which are difficult to solve. Focus more on arithmetic and data interpretation. Do 3 DI Sets every day. Some of the recommended books for Logical Reasoning are –
Books for Logical Reasoning
|Books||Author||Link to shop|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha||Click Here|
CMAT Preparation Strategy for Language Comprehension
Language comprehension is quite easy, however, one must have strong vocabulary skills. Therefore, to grasp good scores in this section, pick up a vocabulary book (Norman Lewis) recommended, and complete three chapters daily. Solve 1 to 2 sets of comprehension passages daily. Here, are some recommended books for English Language Comprehension.
|Books||Author||Link to shop|
|Trishna’s Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations||Trishna||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr. R S Aggarwal||Click Here|
CMAT 2022 Preparation for General Awareness
This is the easiest section of all. Therefore, start preparing at the end. Aspirants must stay updated with current affairs and day-to-day happenings around the world. Read newspapers daily. So, here are some books and journals that will guide the aspirants well for CMAT 2022 Preparation.
- Competition Success Review
- News Journals
- Financial Express
- Business Today
- Economic Times
Books for CMAT Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Reinventing Organizations – Frederic Laloux & Ken Wilber
- How to Win Friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie
- The Innovator’s Dilemma- Clayton M. Christensen
So, these are some preparation strategies that will guide you well and help to get good scores. But, along with that, the aspirants must be disciplined and honest with their preparation.
FAQs about How to Prepare for CMAT 2022
A. The NTA does not release the CMAT Syllabus, however, the exam is divided into the following sections – Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and Language Comprehension.
A. The CMAT is a National Level Entrance Examination for admissions into Management Programme. The exam pattern of the test is as follows-
The time duration of the exam is 3 hours and the exam is conducted online. The score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions / University Departments / Constituent Colleges /Affiliated Colleges. Each question carries 04 (four) marks. There is a negative marking of 1 mark for wrong answers.
Ans- Questions are based on the following – Phrases or Idioms, Main-Idea Based Questions, Passage expressions, Inferential questions, and Synonyms and antonyms.