How to Prepare for CLAT 2022 – Students searching for the tips on how to prepare for CLAT 2022 can rest their search here. More than 75000 students attempt this exam, which makes it even more harder to crack. Hence, students plan their preparation and strategy for the offline held, CLAT 2022 exam accordingly. It is advised to start the preparation 10 months before the examination date for thoroughly covering up the entire syllabus. So, here are some ways in which your preparation can be summarized in a more quicker way.
How to Prepare for CLAT 2022
CLAT 2022 is a centralized national level entrance test for admissions to twenty two National Law Universities (NLU) in India. Here is an overview of the preparation tips for the same.
- Candidates must prepare a proper time management plan for completing the entire CLAT syllabus before the primary exam day.
- The syllabus is divided into 4 parts so the candidate must prepare according to it.
- Candidates must appear for multiple mock tests for getting an exposure for the main exam.
- A candidate must apply for a renowned and legit preparation course but for a candidate who believes on self preparation, they must select the right study resources. There are a lot of options on internet, but it depends on the candidate to choose the one that perfectly suit their needs.
- Time management should be planned with utmost calculations. Candidates must know how much time to be spent for each section while preparing.
- Syllabus revision must begin 2 months prior to the main examination, the last 2 months should be completely devoted for revising the syllabus.
- A candidate must daily read the newspapers and editorials for having a tight grip on the general knowledge and current affairs part of the exam.
How to Prepare for CLAT 2022 Tips by Toppers?
Shreyas Datar CLAT 2021 Topper (AIR 7), shares few valuable tips to the CLAT aspirants:
- He wanted to tell everyone of us that the preparation phase is not easy, and it would require all our consistent efforts and hard work to get a 100 score in the mocks, but until that, we have to keep going.
- Solving multiple mock tests and sectional tests provides an exposure with the actual exam format.
- Reading newspapers like the Hindu, the Financial Express, the Indian Express every single page for 1-1.5 years everyday helps a lot with the general knowledge and current affairs part.
- Time Management is important for completing the syllabus, and revising it again and again.
- While appearing for mock tests, do not solve it out of time; try to complete them within the time period.
- Analyzing the mock test paper is important where we need to redo the wrong ones and recheck the right ones too.
- Law Prep mocks had long passages, which helps to get used to read long passages.
- Lastly, engage in different hobbies to keep one’s mind fresh.
Topper Karthik J Lal, CLAT 2021 Topper (AIR 3) recommends a few tips to the CLAT aspirants:
- Read the newspaper regularly and do the newspaper analysis.
- Focus on the basics first and then move on to the questions.
- Read the Hindu every day but keep searching for the important issues on different platforms to have detailed information.
- Be curious about everything, this will help to gain more knowledge.
- If a question is tricky, it will probably be difficult for others too, so don’t panic in the exam.
- One should practice as many mock tests as possible and review them afterward.
- The only way to crack CLAT is to read more books, practice a lot of questions and attempt mocks.
- Read non-fiction books during the preparation.
- Read the questions before reading the passage.
Rohit Ray, CLAT 2021 Topper (AIR 35), shares few valuable tips to the CLAT aspirants:
- While taking mocks, One notices areas where they need to improve and focused more on that.
- Practice a lot of mocks and sectional tests.
- Try to stick to the sources but on the same time revise them on a regular basis.
- Only reading and reading more can help a lot to clear CLAT with good grades,
- Mocks will help to face lengthy passages and get used to the difficult questions one will face in the actual exam.
- Have a balanced mindset because if one gives up early or is overconfident, it might work against him/her.
So, this is all about the tips for cracking CLAT 2022, I hope these tricks might help you to excel in your main examination and bringing glorifying colors to your home. With a proper mindmap and study plan, clearing CLAT becomes a bit more easier and gives you a legitimate lead against all your competitors.
CLAT 2022 Marking Scheme
- Candidates are given 1 marks for each correct answer.
- For every wrong attempt, 0.25 marks are deducted as negative marking.
- No marks are given for un-attempted questions.
|CLAT Marking Parameters||Marks Awarded|
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for CLAT 2022 is mentioned below. Candidates should read and understand the same thoroughly.
|Conducting Body||The Consortium Of NLUs|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Total questions||150 UG|
|Marking scheme||+1 for correct|
-0.25 for incorrect
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Quantitative (Numerical Ability),
Important Books for CLAT 2022 UG and PG
Following are some of the best books for preparation of CLAT 2022.
|English||High School English Grammar and Composition & Key||Click here to Buy|
|GK||Legal GK (General Knowledge on Law) for Competitive Examinations||Click here to Buy|
|Logical Reasoning||Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal||Click here to Buy|
|Legal Aptitude||Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations: A Workbook||Click here to Buy|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal||Click here to Buy|
|Previous year solved Questions||Self Study Guide CLAT 2021||Click here to Buy|
About CLAT 2022
Common Law Admission Test is a national level entrance examination conducted to grant admissions to students to twenty two National Law Universities in India. Most of Indian private and self-financed law schools also use these scores for law admissions. More than 70 thousand students appear for it each year to get into top NLUs.