How to Prepare for CAT 2021 in 1 Month – Exactly 30 days are left for the CAT 2021 from today as IIM Ahmedabad published the CAT 2021 admit card on October 27, 2021. A total of 2.31 lakh people have enrolled for CAT 2021. For months, many of these applicants have been studying for CAT 2021 so to prepare for CAT 2021 prep in 30 days is a difficult task, but it may be accomplished by making every second count. Aspirants can check information on how to prepare for the CAT 2021 exam in a month on this page. Candidates can also refer to this page for a section-by-section approach, significant themes, and so forth.
How to Prepare for CAT 2021 in 1 Month
Download Admit Card – Click here to download CAT 2021 admit card.
It is important to know the exam pattern, syllabus, and other details about CAT to prepare yourself in 1 month. In CAT 2021, IIM Ahmedabad will be trimming the number of questions in all divisions. This action is being made in light of the fact that candidates complained last year about not having enough time for completing the examination. The CAT exam is conducted entirely online. The question paper is normally quite difficult in difficulty.
To make you aware of the exam pattern, here is an insight into the exam pattern of CAT 2021. You must refer to the exam pattern –
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Sectional Time Limit||40 minutes for each section|
|Number of question||65-70 (expected)|
|Marking Scheme||+3 For correct answers (MCQs & TITA)|
-1 For incorrect answers (MCQs only)
No negative marking for TITA
Top 10 strategic points for Cracking CAT 2021 in 30 Days
Every student should evaluate their preparation in order to have an idea about their performance. Here are the top ten strategies that experts suggest for cracking the Common Admission Test in a month’s time. You must read these and follow the instructions carefully for the best results.
- Clear all of the basic concepts of QA and linguistic abilities in the first ten days.
- Experiment with numerous strategies on the mock test before settling on one for exam day that appears to be the most beneficial.
- In the last 10 days, try to answer 40% of the problems on the paper; do not try all of the CAT topics.
- Avoid taking all of your mock tests from a particular source; instead, take practice tests from a variety of internet sites.
- Take a standardized test and evaluate the results to understand where you rank in terms of preparation.
- Examine your weaknesses and strengths as a result of the practice exam.
- Make a schedule that includes time for section-by-section prep and mock testing.
- Give the weakest section additional time.
- Allow at least 2-3 hours each part every day.
- You must allot 2 to 4 hours of study time to practice tests, followed by a thorough analysis of your tests and quizzes.
Those who are unable to attend daily lessons should consider self-study. Yes, self-study can help you prepare for the CAT exam. Many CAT toppers, in fact, have studied for the exam on their own. Those who choose self-study need not be concerned about how to prepare for the CAT 2021 exam. You must focus on your preparations and success will come its own way to your door!
VARC Preparation in 30 Days
The verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) section of the CAT syllabus 2021 basically has three parts – Vocabulary, Grammar, and Reading Comprehension. Here are the tips to master them:
- Read editorials, blogs, and articles to enhance your reading ability for RC.
- Solve cryptic crosswords and scrambles in your spare time to improve your vocab.
- Daily, try to answer 10-12 RC problems.
- In the VARC section of the CAT 2020, more than 80% of the questions were about reading and comprehension. It’s safe to predict that even more than 60% of VARC questions will be RC again this year.
- Aspirants who are just getting on with their prep might start with simple topics like para synopsis, sentences and word jumbles as primary.
DILR Preparation in 30 Days
In a CAT exam, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) is almost equally weighted as the other 2 segments. This part in CAT 2020 was of moderate level but time-consuming. The tricky thing about DILR is that it isn’t arithmetic and there isn’t a formula. It is the rationale and necessitates some computation and counting. Follow these tips to excel DILR :
- Begin by completing two sets of data interpretation and logical reasoning in two hours. You’d be able to solve at least 100 sets in 30 days if you did it this way.
- Increase the amount of sets per hour in DILR as you develop.
- Giving mocks every day is the greatest strategy to prepare for DILR in 30 days.
- Each day, choose a set of problems from Data interpretation and logical reasoning and solve them.
Quant Preparation in 30 Days
Arithmetic, Algebra, Advance Mathematics and Geometry are included in the Quantitative Aptitude component of the CAT, which accounts for 1/3 of the total written test. There really is no other way to do well in this area except to go at each and every chapter thoroughly. Here are some tips which will definitely help you score well :
- To pass the 99 percentile, you must answer at least 15-18 questions in quant.
- If you are devoting more than 3 minutes on quant problems,you must change this as you get only 40 minutes for quant.
- Refresh your memory on the methods, hacks, and formulae that can help you do your calculations faster.
- Concentrate on all these three topics for quant: arithmetic, algebra, and geometry. These parts account for 60% of quant questions.
- Start practising questions from prior year papers after you’ve mastered the fundamental principles.
TimeTable to follow for CAT 2021 in last 1 month :
You can boost your preparation for the IIM CAT exam in the last month following this timetable. This study plan has been suggested by industry experts and professionals which will definitely help candidates do best at their upcoming CAT on November 28, 2021:
|Mock Test||Mock Test |
|2 Hours||30 Minutes||2 Hours||1 Hour for DI|
1 Hour for LR
Toppers’ Prep hacks for CAT 2021 in 1 Month :
You must follow the leaders to be a leader. Here are what the toppers have to say by their experience.
Have a quick look-
- On of the toppers suggested that work on your fundamentals, speed and accuracy. Attempt all kinds of mock tests, difficult and easy. Maximize your strengths and do not stress about the weaker areas.Focus more on concepts more than the mock tests. I would say that mocks do not matter much. What you learn from the mock tests is what matters.
- Another topper said that mock tests are the most important part of CAT preparation. Attempt as many mock tests as possible.Solve as many types of questions you can from each section. Secondly, focus on your accuracy.
FAQs on How to Prepare CAT in 1 Month
For DILR practice questions from the mock test, start with the fundamental principles in QA and VARC. If possible, take one fake test every day; if that isn’t possible, take three to four simulated tests per week. For each part, only prepare the most important topics.
Yes Definitely! Studying for the CAT in 30 days is achievable; many students have passed the exam after only one months’ of preparation.
Although it is not compulsory to take coaching in the last month, several coaching institutes offer crash courses that can aid in preparing. You can hire a coach to help you understand the fundamentals, then practice problems and mock examinations on your own.
CAT 2021 be conducted on November 28th this year.
These three areas – arithmetic, algebra, and geometry – typically account for more than 60% of the questions in quant. Quantitative preparation is recommended for these areas.