BHU UET 2022 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The application forms for the same will be released on the official website bhuet.nta.nic.in. Banaras Hindu University admits students to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Undergraduate Entrance Test is conducted annually to admit students for 3-year and 5-year bachelor’s programs. The admission is based on the merit obtained in the exam. Therefore, it is important for the candidates appearing for BHU UET 2022 to set the right preparation strategies and perform well. Some tips and tricks on how to prepare for BHU UET 2022 are given below.
How to Prepare for BHU UET 2022
BHU UET 2022 is a national-level exam conducted to admit students to various undergraduate courses. The exam tests the candidates based on the knowledge of their previous exam. The candidates appearing for UET will get questions based on the 10+2 level. Banaras Hindu University is a central university, therefore, the number of applicants is way more as compared to the number of seats. The competition to get admission at BHU is high and therefore, admission is tough. The candidates who are appearing for BHU UET 2022 need to know the syllabus, exam pattern, and the right preparation strategies to score well in the exam.
BHU UET 2022 Exam Pattern
This year the BHU UET exam is expected to be conducted in offline mode as pen-paper tests. Candidates will be allotted different centers for the exam. The duration of the examination, the total number of questions, and total marks depend upon the course the candidate is applying for. A brief description of the exam pattern is given below.
|BHU UET 2022||Total Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
B.A. Social Science
|120||480 marks||120 minutes|
|150||600 marks||150 minutes|
|B.Com||150||600 marks||150 minutes|
|B.Ed||150||400 marks||150 minutes|
|150||600 marks||120 minutes|
|100||400 marks||90 minutes|
|Vocational Courses||150||600 marks||120 minutes|
|B.P.A||100||400 marks||120 minutes|
|B.F.A (Theory)||50||200 marks||60 minutes|
Marking Scheme: Each question would carry 4 marks for every correct answer. There is a negative marking for every incorrect answer. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Un-answered/un-attempted questions will be given no marks.
BHU UET 2022 Syllabus
The BHU UET exam is conducted to test candidates based on the knowledge of their previous examination. While there is no specific syllabus for any undergraduate course, the candidates will be asked questions based on the 10+2 level. Candidates should have subject-related knowledge for the course they are applying for. The main topics that are included in every course for BHU UET are:
- General Awareness
- General Aptitude
- Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Numerical Ability and Statistics
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Subject Related Topics
- Language Ability
BHU UET 2022 Preparation Material
It is important for the candidates to choose the right material while preparing for the BHU UET 2022 exam. Referring to sources that are not authentic is inadvisable. Candidates should only refer to books recommended by experts. Subject-wise Preparation Material for BHU UET 2022 is given below.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs– Lucent’s General Knowledge 2022
- Reasoning and Mental Ability– Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. RS Aggarwal
- Subject Related– Books for 10+2 in related subjects
- BHU UET 2022 Preparation by Arihant Experts
BHU UET 2022 Section Wise Preparation Plan
A detailed structure for section wise preparation for BHU UET 2022 is given below.
- General Awareness and General Aptitude: This section analyses the candidate based on his knowledge of the surroundings like day to day happenings, nature, etc. It is a vast topic and requires more time and efforts. To prepare for general awareness and general aptitude candidates need to read newspapers everyday, and refer to magazines with news columns and informative articles. Devote at least one hour to this section everyday.
- Aptitude and Mental Ability: To prepare for aptitude and mental ability, candidates need to practice a variety of questions. Refer to a book recommended by experts and solve different questions available under this topic. Devote at least 2 hours to this section everyday.
- Numerical Ability and Statistics: This particular section involves questions from basic math of 10+2 level. Candidates can solve basic topics like algebra, probability, mensuration, etc, from NCERT textbooks.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section doesn’t requires any practice in particular. General Knowledge and current affairs should be known by all. Candidates should read news updates and articles everyday, to get an insight of the latest current affairs. Books like Lucent’s GK can also help in preparing for this section.
BHU UET 2022 Tips and Strategy
To score good rank and scores in BHU UET 2022, candidates need to prepare well with devoted study hours and fixed study schedule. Some revision tips and strategies are mentioned below.
- Make a Schedule with Devote Study Hours: Before starting your preparation, fix a study schedule with devoted study hours so that you do not get distracted to other things. Take frequent breaks in between your study hours to keep your mind fresh.
- Strength Weakness Analysis: Note down all the strong points and points you need to work on. A strength weakness analysis will help you know the key areas that require more efforts and topics that require less preparation.
- Practice Mock Tests and Sample Papers: Mock Tests and sample papers can help you in knowing the exam pattern. It will give you a brief idea on the kind of questions that are asked in BHU UET. Candidates can also solve previous year question papers to practice in the given time frame.
BHU UET 2022 Exam Day Instructions
Below is a list of important exam instructions that should be followed by the candidate on the exam day.
- Reach the examination centre an hour prior to the timing mentioned in the admit card.
- Carry your admit card along with the other necessary documents for verification purpose.
- Do not carry any prohibited item like electronic gadgets, piece of paper, etc. in the examination hall.
- Read the instructions given on the admit card and on the question paper before beginning with the paper.
- Attempt only those questions that you are sure about. Negative marking in BHU UET 2022 can make you lose a lot of marks for incoorect answers.
- Avoid any unfair means like cheating, discussing with other candidates, etc. This may lead to cancellation of your application.
- Revise all the answers before submitting your answer sheet. Darken the circles on the OMR sheet properly.