How to Prepare for AP ICET 2022 – Every year almost thousands of candidates apply for AP ICET Entrance Examination. So, preparation plays a vital role here for the candidates to succeed in the AP ICET 2022. The expected date for conducting AP ICET 2022 is in the 3rd week of September 2022. To score a good rank and score, It is advised to start the preparation a few months before the examination. In this article, we have provided information regarding the syllabus of AP ICET, section-wise preparation, best books for AP ICET preparation, etc.
How to Prepare for AP ICET 2022
The best way to prepare for AP ICET 2022 is to know about the whole syllabus and pattern attempting the mock tests and practice the previous year’s question papers. There will be total of 3 sections in the AP ICET 2022 Question Paper i.e., Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability. Here we have provided the section-wise preparation tips and Syllabus of AP ICET 2022.
Syllabus for Analytical Ability – This section is divided into two sections i.e., Data Sufficiency and Problem solving. This includes the topics like Sequence & Series, Data Analysis, Coding & Decoding, Date-Time & Arrangement problems.
Syllabus for Mathematical Ability – This section comprises of topics like Statistics, Geometry, Arithmetical Ability and Algebra.
Syllabus for Communication Ability – Basically, this section covers the vocabulary, grammar and reading portions. It includes – day-to-day Vocabulary, Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling corrections and Completion, Computer Terminology and Reading comprehension comprises of three Passages.
Section-wise Preparation of AP ICET 2022
Candidates can refer to the following information for section-wise preparation tips for AP ICET 2022. These tips are provided by experts and toppers in various interviews.
For Analytical Ability –
- This section is divided into two topics- Data sufficiency & Problem solving. Which includes topics like Sequence & Series, Data Analysis, Coding & De-Coding, Time & Arrangement Problems.
- Make separate notes for the shortcut or tricks.
- Solve many questions as you can if you want to improve your Analytical Ability section.
- Focus on the important topics from this section such as Sequence & Series, Data Analysis etc.
- Solve previous year questions and sample papers, Analyse your efficiency and time management.
- Try not to learn any new topic at the last moment as it will create a lot of confusion.
For Mathematical Ability –
- This section consists topic like – Arithmetical Ability, Arithmetical & Geometrical Ability and Statistical ability.
- Solve lots and lots of questions to secure good marks in this section.
- Make separate notes for important formulas, shortcuts, theorems and tricks.
- Start from the basics, clear your concepts first this will help your accuracy.
- Focus on the important topics from this section like Arithmetics, Statistics, Geometry etc.
- Practice through the mock tests, sample papers are previous year questions. Analyse your accuracy and speed.
- Read all the question carefully, don’t skip questions without attempting it.
Communication Ability –
- This section consists questions to check your day to day communication and vocabulary, Grammar and Language skills.
- Try to improve your reading habit, Grammar and Vocabulary as this section is all about Reading comprehension, Jumbles, Paragraph formation, Sentence correction etc.
- The most recommended books for preparing for this section is word Power made easy by Norman Lewis.
- Improve your command in Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence correction and completion, Analogies idioms, spelling corrections etc.
- Read novels and newspapers on daily basis, Surf on the internet and read blogs. Reading is one of the most important thing which will help you to score better in this section.
Overall Preparation Tips for AP ICET 2022
- At first, One must understand the examination pattern, Syllabus and Marking Scheme.
- After understanding the whole pattern, Start studying the topics in which you’re good and that you understand better. This will help you in completing the syllabus more fast.
- After completing the syllabus, Start the revision session. Try to solve previous year questions and sample papers. Give mock tests regularly. Analyse your speed and accuracy.
- Don’t assume or predict answers if you’re not very sure about the correct one. Read the question properly and Don’t skip without attempting it.
- Read blogs, articles, newspaper and editorials. Improve your vocabulary skills. Give more time to the topics you find difficult. Be confident and consistent and achieve your goals.
Toppers Strategies for AP ICET 2022 Preparation
- Avoid Unnecessary Preparation – It is suggested to the candidates to stuck with the actual AP ICET Syllabus. As a Lot of extra or out of syllabus preparations can cause confusion.
- Start from the basics – It is advised from the toppers and experts that to enhance your basics knowledge first. Like in Mathematical Ability, Candidates should start learning the basic topics first, memorize all the formula, tricks and shortcuts. Preparation should be done section-wise. Focus more and give more time to your weak portions.
- Notes Making – Notes plays a important role in AP ICET Exam Preparation. Separate notes should be prepare for different sections.
- Practice – While preparing AP ICET 2022, One must know about the syllabus and Patterns. Practicing a lot of questions will help you overcome the exam fear. Practice from mock tests, sample papers and Previous year question papers. Check your accuracy.
- Revision – Revision is the most important ingredient of any exam preparations. Give atleast 1 month to your revisions. Start revising through your notes, mock papers and Previous year questions. Brush up your knowledge and ability.
AP ICET 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can refer to the following information for the AP ICET exam pattern. This information is based on the data available for last year.
- Mode of Exam – Online (Computer based test/CBT)
- Total number of questions – 200
- Type of questions- Multiple Choice questions (MCQs)
- Total Duration – 150 minutes
- Maximum Marks – 200
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries 1 marks. There’s no negative marking for unattempted or wrong Answers.
Section-wise Questions distribution
|Sections||No. of Questions|
AP ICET 2022 Preparation Books
Candidates can refer to this section to know about the best books by Experts and Toppers for AP ICET Preparation.
|Book Names||Buying Link|
|Fast track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma||Click Here|
|Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Logical and analytical reasoning by A.K. Gupta||Click Here|
|Objective Mathematical by R.D. Sharma||Click Here|
|Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT By Sarvesh K. Sharma||Click Here|
|Data interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Arihant Publication||Click Here|
|ICET for MBA Solved papers by Kiran Prakash||Click Here|
|30 Days to more powerful vocabulary by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|Verbal Ability & Reading comprehension by Arihant Publication||Click Here|
|Analytical and logical reasoning for Management entrance by Peeyush Bhardwaj||Click Here|
About AP ICET 2022
AP ICET is conducted every year by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education. All details and information regarding AP ICET 222 will release on the official website i.e., https://sche.ap.gov.in AP ICET 2022 is expected to hold in the last week of June. The exam will be conducted in online mode and there will be a total of 200 questions carrying one mark each. Candidates must go through the official website to keep themselves updated regarding AP ICET Events.
FAQs About AP ICET 2022 Preparation
6 months are best for preparing AP ICET 2022 Exam and try to make the most amd good use of it.
There will be total 3 sections namely- Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability.
There will be total 200 questions carrying one marks each.
Each question carries 1 marks and there will be no negative marking for any unattempted or wrong answers.
Mathematical Ability consists of total 75 questions 75 marks.