How to Prepare for AILET 2022 – The All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is the only entrance test for admission to NLU Delhi. Through the All India Level Entrance Test, students can be admitted to the BA LLB (Hons) 5 year, LLM, and Ph.D. courses. About 18,000-20,000 candidates turn up for AILET every year. Although the number of candidates is not high, the number of seats is also high. So students need a good preparation strategy to pass the AILET 2022. So here are some important general tips for preparing for AILET 2022, tips by category, and much more. In addition to preparation tips, we’ve also identified the syllabus and best books for AILET. Here are the guidelines for AILET 2022 preparation.
How to Prepare for AILET 2022
Before starting the exam preparation, candidates should know about the exam pattern of AILET 2022. The exam pattern for AILET 2022 consists of the details related to the exam structure & question pattern including the exam mode, exam duration, marking scheme, the number of questions, etc. This examination is pen and paper-based. AILET 2022 will be held in the English language. The total duration of this examination is 90 minutes. There is a total 150 number of questions. The type of question of this examination is a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ). In this examination, the marking scheme is for each correct answer, 01 mark will be awarded and for each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Making pattern for the subject of BA LLB is given below.
For the subject of LLM given below.
|Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Law of Contract, Jurisprudence, Law of Tort and International Law, etc||150||150 Marks|
|Research Methodology||50% Questions|
|Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Law of Contract, Jurisprudence, Law of Tort, Corporate Law and International Law, etc||50% Questions|
Preparation tips for AILET 2022 – BA LLB
To prepare for AILET 2022 candidates need to follow a preparation plan. We have provided some tips on the basis of interviews of different toppers and exam experts.
- Start with your AILET 2022 preparation about seven to eight months before the test date. This will help you to create your ideas and give them enough time to reconsider. You can also practice the AILET Mock Test, and work on your hard areas before starting to study.
- Reconsideration is important for the preparation of AILET 2022, for the high probability of selection. AILET Fixing important issues will help you dispel your doubts and retain information for a longer period of time.
- An effective strategy for revision and AILET preparation is making handwritten notes. Candidates are advised to write and make notes, to have a mind map of the vast information in the syllabus.
- Candidates are advised to solve AILET’s previous year’s question papers, you have the opportunity to know your weaknesses and improve them. Practicing these tests will help you to be comfortable with the test environment and finish your test on time.
- For English, candidates must be able to understand English and read complex texts. Practice questions from any grammar book, comprehensible passages. Candidates should read daily newspapers to improve their vocabulary and grammar skills.
- In math section questions will be asked from different topics like algebra, profit and loss, time and work, average, speed and distance. Only 10 questions are asked on this topic, but this section should not be ignored for candidates to be effective. To better prepare for AILET 2022, the math department can be prepared by practicing mock tests between the previous year’s question paper and the deadline.
- The General Knowledge section is divided into Current Affairs and Static Knowledge. Candidates should start reading newspapers regularly (e.g. Hindu) and learn from books in the recommended sections.
- Candidates must have a basic understanding of legal concepts such as constitutional law, politics and the judiciary. The preparation of this section requires a study of current legal issues of national and international significance. In previous years also questions were asked from contemporary issues.
Some previous year’s question papers of AILET are given below.
Preparation tips for AILET LLM & Ph. D 2022
In this section, mainly three subjects are covered which are Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, and Essay. Except for these, all subjects remain the same. For those subjects, you have to focus on the legal issues from the last 10 months and read about them. You have to invest time continuously in reading articles related to static and current legal issues. For essays, practice writing regular essays by writing an essay of about 800 to 1000 words every day.
Best Books for AILET 2022
Students who wish to apply for the AILET 2022 can follow the best books given below. This will help you to prepare well for this examination.
|13 Years AILET (2008 – 20) Topic-wise Solved Papers||Buy Here|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude & Reasoning for AILET Exams||Buy Here|
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Buy Here|
|Lucent General Knowledge||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi||Buy Here|
AILET 2022 Syllabus
The BA LLB entrance exam syllabus includes sections such as General Knowledge, Legal Qualifications, Reasoning, English, and Mathematics. For LLM, questions are asked from the main law subjects of the LLB curriculum. Candidates can check the details of the AILET syllabus below.
AILET 2022 Syllabus for BA LLB
- General Knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
AILET 2022 Syllabus for LLM and Ph. D
In this examination, 50% of the questions for the Ph.D. syllabus shall be related to Research Methodology and the remaining 50% shall be from different areas, which are given below.
- Law of Torts
- International Law
- Family Law
- Law of contracts
- Property Law
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property Law
The All India Law Entrance Test is conducted by the National Law University (NLU), Delhi which was established in 2008. National Law University (NLU), Delhi was ranked 2nd law college in 2020 by NIRF. This examination is for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees in this university. This examination is held in pen and paper mode. A total of 150 questions are asked in this examination.
FAQs for AILET 2022
Ans. There is no fixed time of preparation that can ensure success in the exam.
Ans. The official website of AILET 2022 is nludelhi.ac.in.
Ans. Lucent General Knowledge is the best book for GK.
Ans. There are many books but candidates can follow Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi, A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal, Lucent General Knowledge, etc.
Ans. According to the previous year, the syllabus will be based on the papers of English, General Knowledge, logical reasoning, Legal Aptitude & Mathematics.
Ans. It is best for beginners.