How To Apply for JEE Main 2021? – Know here how to fill the application form of JEE Main 2021. The process is completely online. Broadly there are 4 steps – Register at jeemain.nta.nic.in, fill details in form, upload images, and pay fee. However the overall process involves a good understanding so that you do not make any mistakes during registration. To help you do that, we have provided here the step by step guide to fill JEE Main 2021 application form, with useful instructions on all steps.
How To Apply for JEE Main 2021?
Students who wish to appear in JEE Main 2021 – India’s largest engineering and architecture exam – have to first apply for it. Registration process is online. Read on to know how to apply.
Keep the following documents ready before you start:
|Documents to refer while applying||Documents to upload in JEE Main 2021 application form|
|– Class 12 mark sheet (if you have already cleared the qualifying exam).|
– Else official documents that contain exact spelling of name, DOB and other personal details.
– If you will pay fee through card, keep card and mobile number to get OTP ready.
|1. Photograph in JPG format – size 10-200 kb.|
2. Signature in JPG format- size 4-30 kb.
4. Caste certificate in JPG format- size 50-300 kb.
4. PWD certificate, if applicable, in JPG format- size 50-400 kb.
How to convert image file type and size?
- To convert JPEG to JPG, you can use any online tool like https://image.online-convert.com/convert/jpeg-to-jpg.
- To reduce the size of image files also you can use online tools like https://compressjpeg.com/.
Steps To Fill JEE Main 2021 Application Form
- First of all, go to the official website of JEE Main 2021. Which is jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- There, click the link “Apply for JEE (Main) 2021“.
- Now on the next page, click the link “New registration“.
- On the next page, you get the link to download information bulletin on top of the screen – download the brochure and read it.
- Go through all instructions on the page. Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and tick against “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions.” Then click the link “Click Here to Proceed“.
- The first page of the JEE Main 2021 registration appears. Here, enter personal details, address – both present and permanent, email ID, mobile number. Then enter a suitable password. Then enter the security pin and click “Submit”.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to verify the details. Verify each of these – Name, Father Name, Mother Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID. Then select I Agree, and click “Final Submit”.
- Now you are taken to the candidate dashboard. Your JEE Main 2021 application number is also created. Note it carefully. Then click “Complete Application Form”.
- Fill the personal, apply for, education, additional details asked in the form next.
- Once again you will be asked to verify the details. Verify each of these — My Name, Father Name, Mother Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Sub Category, Question Paper Medium, Session(s) of Exam Applying For, Examination Cities, Educational Details.
- Next, click “Upload Images“.
- Now upload photograph, signature, caste certificate (if applicable), and PWD certificate (if applicable). [Duly attested result awaited form is also mentioned in brochure. Upload it if asked for].
- In the next screen, you will be asked to verify the images. Verify, and click the Upload button.
- Then, you will be shown the fee amount to pay. The fee amount will depend upon the center (in or outside India), papers selected, sessions selected, and category. Pay the fee.
- Then download the confirmation page.
Helpful Guidelines To Fill JEE Main 2021 Application Form
Personal details to enter in JEE Main 2021 registration (step 6 above): Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Candidate Date of Birth, Gender, Identity Type, Identification Number.
[All names should be as per class 12 mark sheet / documents. DOB should be as per official DOB proof. Identification type means any one of the documents – PAN, school id, passport, qualifying exam admit card, voter id, ration card, passbook, DL.]
Password specifications: Password must be 8 to 13 character long It should have at least one of the following each: Upper case alphabet, lower case alphabet, numeric value, one special character (eg.!@#$%^&*-).
Personal details to enter in JEE Main 2021 application form (step 9 above): In case of Girl candidate, Are you only girl child of your parents?, Nationality, State/ UT from where 12th/ Equivalent Passed/ Appearing, Category, If you are a PwD Candidate, do you have benchmark disability (40% or more / “Severe” where percentage is not defined) ?, Are You Diabetic?, Place of Residence, Mode of Preparation, Medium of Schooling in Qualifying Examination.
Apply for details to enter in JEE Main 2021 application form (step 9 above): Apply for (B.Tech only / B.Arch Only / B.Planning only / Combination of papers), Sessions of Exam Applying For (Feb, March, April, May), Question Paper Medium, Exam State and City Choices (1, 2, 3, 4).
Education details to enter in JEE Main 2021 application form (step 9 above): Class 10th Pass Status, Qualifying Exam, Place of Schooling, Type of School/College, Qualifying Examination State, Qualifying Examination District, School Board, Year of Passing/Appearing, Result Mode, Marks Detail, Roll Number, School/College Name & Address, School/College Pincode; Same details for Class 12th.
Additional details to enter in JEE Main 2021 application form (step 9 above): Are you a Twin, Parental income details.
Document specifications to upload in JEE Main 2021 application form (step 12 above)
- Photograph in JPG format of size 10-200 kb. It should be self verified recent Photograph in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background
- Signature in JPG format of size 4 to 30 kb.
- Caste certificate in 50 to 300 kb.
- PWD certificate in 50 to 300 kb.
- May be required – Duly attested result awaited form in 50 to 500 kb.
Video On How To Apply for JEE Main 2021
Visual Guide For JEE Main 2021 Registration And Application Form Filling
After applying, keep copies of confirmation page safe. Also keep application number handy. Application number and password are critical for JEE Main 2021 login.
You will need them for further processes like downloading JEE Main 2021 admit card, checking answer keys, and result.
If you have any queries on how to apply for JEE Main 2021, please feel free to ask in comments below.